Jonas Hiller
Frederik Andersen

Team Leaders
G Corey Perry (5)
A Ryan Getzlaf (6)
PTS Getzlaf/Perry/Perreault (9)
+/- Hampus Lindholm (+9)
PIMS Bryan Allen (13)
Injuries: Luca Sbisa, Sheldon Souray, Viktor Fasth, Dustin Penner, Matt Beleskey
Scratches: Devante Smith-Pelly, Mark Fistric

Montreal Canadiens (5-4-0)

Projected Lineup

extralarge.png

Alex Galchenyuk - Lars Eller - Brendan Gallagher
Michael Bournival - Tomas Plekanec - Brian Gionta
Travis Moen - David Desharnais - Rene Bourque
Michael Blunden - Ryan White - Patrick Holland

Andrei Markov - P.K. Subban
Josh Gorges - Raphael Diaz
Francis Bouillon - Nathan Beaulieu*

Carey Price
Peter Budaj

Team Leaders
G Lars Eller (5)
A P.K. Subban (9)
PTS P.K. Subban (11)
+/- Andrei Markov (+9)
PIMS George Parros (20)
Injuries: D. Drewiske, A. Emelin, D. Murray, G. Parros, M. Pacioretty, D. Briere, B. Prust
Scratches: Greg Pateryn*
Puck Drop: 7:30 PM EST TV: RDS, TSN Habs Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

Yeah. So.

Go Ducks. Here's hoping Saku can pull out a hat trick and a few assists to boot.

My kid is still young, but Koivu is the kind of player I hope he looks towards as a hero. I find it disappointing when kids look at these flakes and dopes and quasi-criminals as their heroes, because you try to emulate that person people hold in high esteem (looking' at you, NFL). If my kid can look to a guy like Koivu and model his life after this kind of hero?

Koivu epitomizes the word.

Sa-ku! Sa-ku! :habslogo:

Love the guy. I don't understand the "mediocre captain" comment either. It's just unfortunate that his career was compromised by that horrible knee injury that prevented him from becoming the superstar he was destined to be - and even more unfortunate that he was let down by incompetent management and/or dismal teammates for his entire tenure as a Hab. He deserved better from the franchise, and from the city itself for that matter. I'll never fully forgive those fans who booed him in favour of Ribeiro.

Guest Stogey24

Koivu is a great player but was a mediocre captain. Won't be his last visit to Montreal. Will probably play another two seasons as a third line center.

Welcome to Hab town.

Koivu had a mediocre team to Captain, but never would I consider him mediocre as a Captain. But that's a debate that's ping-ponged for far too long.

Attending the game tonight, can't wait to see Saku and Selanne in action. Hoping for a win, but a goal from Saku would be real special.

Koivu was the Captain for a decade, you can look to a number of years to say he was good or bad, but at the end of the day, he was an legitimate NHL Captain, i'm not too sure Brian Gionta is now. (At the start of his tenure, I would say yes because of the new acquisitions, and the style the team played).

Be warned, Chris Lee will be refereeing tonight's game.

At least it's not Tim Peel!

I gotta say, I don't have a good feeling for tonight's game!

Koivu was the Captain for a decade, you can look to a number of years to say he was good or bad, but at the end of the day, he was an legitimate NHL Captain, i'm not too sure Brian Gionta is now. (At the start of his tenure, I would say yes because of the new acquisitions, and the style the team played).

The team never went a week without a locker room controversy with Koivu as captain.

The biggest controversy with Gionta as captain has been... uhhh... Subban hits too hard in practice?

A captain leads the team. Koivu was always an island. He should have been like Markov and refused the C.

Sa-ku! Sa-ku! :habslogo:

Love the guy. I don't understand the "mediocre captain" comment either. It's just unfortunate that his career was compromised by that horrible knee injury that prevented him from becoming the superstar he was destined to be - and even more unfortunate that he was let down by incompetent management and/or dismal teammates for his entire tenure as a Hab. He deserved better from the franchise, and from the city itself for that matter. I'll never fully forgive those fans who booed him in favour of Ribeiro.

I never understood any of the negativity towards Saku. He came back from stomach cancer to lead the team...what more do you want? Not resigning Saku and trading for the useless Gomez were the worst moves of Gainey's decidedly mediocre run as Habs GM. I thought he lost the plot after the tragic death of his daughter and unceremoniously dumping the captain like that confirmed it.

The team never went a week without a locker room controversy with Koivu as captain.

The biggest controversy with Gionta as captain has been... uhhh... Subban hits too hard in practice?

A captain leads the team. Koivu was always an island. He should have been like Markov and refused the C.

But surely it's asking a lot for one man to prevent controversy, especially when your team is made up of fruitcakes like Kovalev, the Kostityns, Grabovksi, Ribeiro, etc.? Can captains really single-handedly determine the culture of a room? Or is it more that they can try to lead by example, but if the horses don't want to win, there's not much you can do, except work your ass off every night and every shift?

Personally - much as I loved Kovalev - I've always suspected that he set himself up as a kind of "alternative" captain to Koivu, around whom players that didn't want to be good soliders or even work particularly hard (like the Kostitsyns) could gravitate. And I've further suspected that if Koivu had a weakness as captain, it was that he had insufficient tolerance for punks - for which it's hard to blame him, really.

Geez the people on the TSN video replays are sleeping tonight. Twice in a row they couldn't queue up the replay. I wanted to see when Gallagher got hurt and how bourque drew the penalty, but nada.