Oct. 24, Ducks vs Canadiens, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

So far, but it not exactly worth bragging about when your best acquisition is a coach.

Isn't it? How much are they paying the coach and how much impact on the team has he had? I think the best GM's are the ones who identify a need and fill it in the most efficient manner possible. At this point of the season, can we not say that Carey has gone from the troubled waters of last year to a highly reliable #1 who gives us a chance almost every night?

• Upvote 1

Good for Bourque. Worked hard this game.

Agree and backhands are just mind numbing for goalies I think, looked like Bourque tried to shot high and didn't pull it off and Hiller was screwed.

Another sign that Therien is trying to get DD going. His new linemates are Bourque and Bournival. The BBD line?

Really, really nice to hear the fans cheer Saku for his last shift of the game, perhaps last shift playing in Montreal too.

:clap:

• Upvote 2

Four goals and no points for Eller, Gally, Subban....

Vets and the new kids doing it. Big night for Pleks.

True, but they played well. I really thought Eller was playing a good defensive game tonight.

Sigh... DD is so utterly worthless at this point. I want Louis Leblanc to take his place.

You know... if Christian Thomas were tearing up the AHL right now, and Pacioretty wasn't injured, I wonder if Galchenyuk would be taking DD's soft minutes at centre?

So Saku gets the third star of the game! Another round of applause for him. Interesting to note that Bouillon came back to the side of the ice to bang his stick against the boards to show his appreciation too. Class.

:clap::clap:

Isn't it? How much are they paying the coach and how much impact on the team has he had? I think the best GM's are the ones who identify a need and fill it in the most efficient manner possible. At this point of the season, can we not say that Carey has gone from the troubled waters of last year to a highly reliable #1 who gives us a chance almost every night?

Pricey was a highly reliable #1 from January to March of last season before he shit the bed in April and the Sens bounced him without much trouble. We're ten games into a full season and he's yet to go into a prolonged funk. If Price can stay away from the four and five game slumps, then we can heap all the praise on Waite and Bergevin that they can handle.

27+ minutes for Markov, he is playing well but...

Price continues to play very solid.

and best all round forward got 3 points, good stuff.

Gotta give DD credit, I thought he played well and was 13-2 on faceoffs.

I thought Gorges might have given the game away there in the third, but the Habs kept a level head and then had a flawless penatly kill afterwards. Maybe we're making progress in the game management department.

Great game from the Pleks line. Bournival is very impressive, plays fast and smart which is a good compliment to his linemates.

Good to see Gallagher back on the ice.

Ugh...Desharnais on a partial breakaway...loses the puck just before he shoots. :-(

Uh, he did draw a penalty--which is why he lost the puck. Give the guy a break it was a good effort and he obviously is trying hard.

Uh, he did draw a penalty--which is why he lost the puck. Give the guy a break it was a good effort and he obviously is trying hard.

The problem for DD isn't a lack of effort. His only effective time was between two big wingers having career years. They created a ton of space, finished his passes, and allowed him to score because the defenders were all over them. He also racked up a lot of points when the habs were bottom feeders, facing backup goalies every night.

I said at the time that I had no confidence he could maintain the pace and once Cole sucked or left, DD was exposed. He will never be worth his salary and would have already slipped down the depth chart if not for the contract forcing them to stick with him.

He has the talent of a third liner, but without the size and strength to be effective in that role. He should be playing in Europe.

So, food for thought: Would you rather have Koivu or DD?

Easy choice for me. If only I could channel Cap'n Picard and make it so.

Braindead choice for that game....DD easily was much better player.

DD was 13-2 vs 9-16 for the little Finn on faceoffs. And DD played a solid game all round.