Oct. 28, Habs vs Rangers, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

A mini-GDT since no one stepped up today and we're getting closer to game time. It's the home opener for the Rangers so the start time may be a bit later than 7:30.

mon_comp.gif

Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Bourque - Desharnais - Leblanc
Blunden - White - Holland

Subban - Markov
Gorges - Diaz
Bouillon - Murray

Budaj

nyr_comp.gif

Kreider - Stepan - Richards
Pouliot - Brassard - Miller
Pyatt - Boyle - Dorsett
Zuccarello - D. Moore - Fast

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
Del Zotto - J. Moore

Lundqvist

Puck drop is at 7:30 and can be seen on RDS, TSN-Habs, and NBCSN.

I'd be wary of the Rangers - they've been better of late and this is their home opener, so they should be up for it.

Not expecting much from Leblanc, I think his call-up was unearned and premature, but I guess our hand was forced by injuries.

3 vets out of 12 forwards. That's crazy. Unless you want to call White and DD vets. I suppose Blunden could be called a vet too, but...

I'd be inclined to call Eller a veteran. He has 220 regular season games under his belt (about 30 more than Desharnais).

I'd be wary of the Rangers - they've been better of late and this is their home opener, so they should be up for it.

Not expecting much from Leblanc, I think his call-up was unearned and premature, but I guess our hand was forced by injuries.

Leblanc has 4 goals in Hamilton. How come he shouldn't be there but Holland should?

I'm glad he's been called up. I think he'll be good at both ends of the ice. Hopefully he'll supplant Desharnais as third line center.

Can't afford to lose these points against a beatable team.

On the one hand, I completely agree with you. On the other hand, this is a team playing its first home game of the year after a very long road trip. They'll be in front of family and friends for the first time, looking to impress the fans and the city. No, this isn't going to be an easy game at all - I think the Rag$ are going to be pumped and I fear we will face a completely different Ranger squad to the one that's played so far this year.

RDS is apparently suggesting the D pairings are:

Markov - Subban

Gorges - Murray

Bouillon - Diaz

I could see that 2nd pairing being used as the matchup for Stepan's line but I'm not sure it's wise to put Murray into a high importance role this early. Let him ease back in; even if he only gives you 14 minutes or so, it's still a step up from what they've entrusted Tinordi/Beaulieu to play.

Leblanc has 4 goals in Hamilton. How come he shouldn't be there but Holland should?

I'm glad he's been called up. I think he'll be good at both ends of the ice. Hopefully he'll supplant Desharnais as third line center.

Holland earned the first line spot in training camp. Leblanc's points have come since Holland's promotion.

RDS is apparently suggesting the D pairings are:

Markov - Subban

Gorges - Murray

Bouillon - Diaz

I could see that 2nd pairing being used as the matchup for Stepan's line but I'm not sure it's wise to put Murray into a high importance role this early. Let him ease back in; even if he only gives you 14 minutes or so, it's still a step up from what they've entrusted Tinordi/Beaulieu to play.

So we can expect Subban's TOI to be in the late teens? I've never seen a top-5 defenseman with such a short leash. Loser Karlsson plays 29 a game and has a major gaffe every third shift.

So we can expect Subban's TOI to be in the late teens? I've never seen a top-5 defenseman with such a short leash. Loser Karlsson plays 29 a game and has a major gaffe every third shift.

I think most of the difference in TOI from the rookies to Murray will come from Diaz. He's often around 20 minutes, I could see him dropping to around 16 which covers most of the gap if the coaches want him around 14-15 minutes. If he's playing more, I'd say the other D might lose a shift here and there but nothing all that noticeable over the course of a game.

I think most of the difference in TOI from the rookies to Murray will come from Diaz. He's often around 20 minutes, I could see him dropping to around 16 which covers most of the gap if the coaches want him around 14-15 minutes. If he's playing more, I'd say the other D might lose a shift here and there but nothing all that noticeable over the course of a game.

Oh thank heavens.

We finally get to see how slow Murray really is. Zamboni slow? Coach walking across the ice slow? Or has it all been overblown?

Hair growth slow. For a bald person.

Too bad we don't have a live blog like HIO. I've got a cold and don't wanna move, so I'd do that!

Vote this post up if you want admin to get this functionality for HW!!!

• Upvote 3

Hey...I will have you know that my ear hairs grow at a fairly quick pace.

My nose hairs, too. And at that, we should take out our teeth, pull out our Zimmer's and complain that these young folk are too loud and don't know how good they have it.

<grump>