Oct. 29, Stars vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Another day, another mini-GDT. Erik Cole returns to town as the Stars take on Montreal; it's a back-to-back for both teams as well.

dal_comp.gif

Ja. Benn - Seguin - Peverley
Whitney - Eakin - Chiasson
Nichushkin - Horcoff - Cole
MacDermid - Fiddler - Roussel

Dillon -Robidas
Daley - Gonchar
Goligoski - Jo. Benn

Ellis (unconfirmed)

mon_comp.gif

Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Bourque - Desharnais - Leblanc
Blunden - White - Holland

Subban - Markov
Gorges - Diaz
Bouillon - Murray

Price

Puck drop is at 7:00 and can be seen on RDS and TSN.

Gotta get those two points.

I'm a little worried about Nichushkin skating at Murray, but I guess that's not the biggest concern.

Question: When Pacioretty comes back, where do we make room for him in the lineup? Move Bourque to right wing?

I'm a little worried about Nichushkin skating at Murray, but I guess that's not the biggest concern.

Question: When Pacioretty comes back, where do we make room for him in the lineup? Move Bourque to right wing?

I don't know, but that's the kind of problem I LOVE for the Habs to have. Bournival has had exactly the sort of impact you want your young talent to have in a cap system. Great to see.

Guest Stogey24

I don't know, but that's the kind of problem I LOVE for the Habs to have. Bournival has had exactly the sort of impact you want your young talent to have in a cap system. Great to see.

I think Leblanc is on the verge of breaking out too.

Looking at the pairings, I worry for Diaz's future. MT likes Cube and is playing him with Murray, and if Subbinator goes back with Gorges, and Markov rejoins with Emelin, then it's Diaz as odd one out.

I think that would be the move

Pacioretty - DD - Bourque seems an obvious one IMO.

Looking at the pairings, I worry for Diaz's future. MT likes Cube and is playing him with Murray, and if Subbinator goes back with Gorges, and Markov rejoins with Emelin, then it's Diaz as odd one out.

I wouldnt assume all d-men playing now will remain healthy and seems can never have too many d-men.

But if all do stay healthy, a cheap offensive d-man who may help someone's PP, could be of value to a struggling team lacking offense (like Nash., NJ, Philly?)

I don't think Diaz has been scratched yet, he's not going anywhere. (Could be wrong about the scratch). I like Diaz and Murray v Diaz and Bouillon. He's playing well enough defensively.

Yeah, it's definitely a good problem to have. With Patches on that third line with Bourque and DD we'd have those three dangerous scoring lines that we were banking on going into this season.

Move Bournival to centre*

*This of course means Desharnais is watching from the press box.

I wouldnt assume all d-men playing now will remain healthy and seems can never have too many d-men.

But if all do stay healthy, a cheap offensive d-man who may help someone's PP, could be of value to a struggling team lacking offense (like Nash., NJ, Philly?)

I don't think moving Diaz gets us enough of a return to justify getting rid of him. He gets us a 2nd next year, or a B prospect.

Yeah, it's definitely a good problem to have. With Patches on that third line with Bourque and DD we'd have those three dangerous scoring lines that we were banking on going into this season.

I think they break the kids up. I don't think they're ready for top line/pairing competition.

I'll be at the game tonight.

Part of my gf's b-day gift. Talking about offering a gift that fits for both ou fus... ;)

Pacioretty - Eller - Gallagher

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta

Bournival - Galchenyuk - Leblanc/Briere

Prust - White - Moen

DD/Parros

We all know that DD in the stands will not happen as long as he doesn't REALLY sucks or cost us a game.

I actually reeeaaally like this forward lineup when it's healthy.

I'm actually thinking Bournival might be better than Briere right now anyway. He's impressing a lot.

Also really happy about what I read about Leblanc. Said he had his confidence back. Reminds me of how Eller got his confidence and took off. Imagine is Leblanc could even take off half as much as Eller did.

Can't wait to see what this healthy team can do.

I don't think moving Diaz gets us enough of a return to justify getting rid of him. He gets us a 2nd next year, or a B prospect.

The Habs won't get anything for him next year, there's a good chance he'll be on another team via free agency.