PK and the Olympics

brobin

Crosby has been quiet with Kunitz glued to his hip.

Put PK in Crosbys' spot and scratch 87!

Crosby is most overrated player on team.

Simply not a clutch player when it counts.

Guest Stogey24

Put PK in Crosbys' spot and scratch 87!

Crosby is most overrated player on team.

Simply not a clutch player when it counts.

Ya, only 105pts in 82 playoff games. He's not a clutch player at all.

Ya, only 105pts in 82 playoff games. He's not a clutch player at all.

Ya, frickin overpaid bum!

And did you see Keith make that turnover in some game or Weber coughed up the puck once, surely we have better d-men to pick.

Pietroangelo, sure glad he isn't a Hab, simply not very good.

The worst that can be said of Crosby is that he is not especially good in Olympic Games. Not exactly a huge black mark on a player who is basically everything you could hope for from a franchise player and who has delivered in every conceivable way on his incredible potential.

Guest Stogey24

Ya, frickin overpaid bum!

And did you see Keith make that turnover in some game or Weber coughed up the puck once, surely we have better d-men to pick.

Pietroangelo, sure glad he isn't a Hab, simply not very good.

Would you trade Weber for Subban straight up?

There are hardly any players for whom I would trade Subban straight-up. Doughty'd be a pointless lateral move. Stamkos maybe, but as a rule I always pick D over FW. Crosby is one concussion away from retirement. Malkin, maybe. Ovechkin at the point has to be seen as a real question mark in clutch situations. I dunno.

That said, the question isn't really relevant to who should dress for Canada. Weber is older than Subban and that's why nobody would make the deal. But it's not inconceivable that right now Weber is as good as or better than Subban.

Guest Stogey24

There are hardly any players for whom I would trade Subban straight-up. Doughty'd be a pointless lateral move. Stamkos maybe, but as a rule I always pick D over FW. Crosby is one concussion away from retirement. Malkin, maybe. Ovechkin at the point has to be seen as a real question mark in clutch situations. I dunno.

That said, the question isn't really relevant to who should dress for Canada. Weber is older than Subban and that's why nobody would make the deal. But it's not inconceivable that right now Weber is as good as or better than Subban.

Weber's clapper is deadly. I've been really impressed with him. He always seems to back when necessary, but knows how to score goals too.

Only 4 years difference,Weber in his prime @28, who the heck knows if Subban will be hall of famer and just how high his upside really is?

Only 4 years difference,Weber in his prime @28, who the heck knows if Subban will be hall of famer and just how high his upside really is?

I got an idea let's wait and see. And a fun ride it will be.

I got an idea let's wait and see. And a fun ride it will be.

Really like Subban's play and agree

Just the negative reaction to him as a spare part on a stacked d, is just a bit much, sure it is debatable but not a "major idiotic' call by Babcock and I am not gonna burn my passport and pull for USA, nor even predict they will beat us and just hope is a good game by both teams.

Really like Subban's play and agree

Just the negative reaction to him as a spare part on a stacked d, is just a bit much, sure it is debatable but not a "major idiotic' call by Babcock and I am not gonna burn my passport and pull for USA, nor even predict they will beat us and just hope is a good game by both teams.

and that Canada wins. Just finished that for you. :)

and that Canada wins. Just finished that for you. :)

I just hope i can avoid all media and conversations till after i catch replay of game. But, darn near impossible unless i hide in the bush till end of day, but every frickin logger no matter how remote is connected these days.

I just hope i can avoid all media and conversations till after i catch replay of game. But, darn near impossible unless i hide in the bush till end of day, but every frickin logger no matter how remote is connected these days.

i hear ya man

Depends on the number if year's on Dought's contract - I can't remember how many years he signed for, or the amount. If it's under $7m and there is at least 5 years, it wouldn't be a bad move.

I wouldn't trade for Weber, unless Subban is asking for $9m+ - which isn't a stretch, given the rising cap. Thanks for not going 8 years at $6m, which would have got it done (maybe less), given Karlsson's deal.

Malkin, stamkos, Tavares would be the other players.

I wouldn't trade for Weber, unless Subban is asking for $9m+ - which isn't a stretch, given the rising cap. Thanks for not going 8 years at $6m, which would have got it done (maybe less), given Karlsson's deal.

Subban's reported asking price was 5 years at $5.5 million...do you honestly think he would have given up 3 UFA years for $6 M or less coming out of the lockout? Heck, the 5th year of the 5 year request would have been over that amount given that it would have been a backloaded contract (as most long-term deals off ELC's are). That means he'd be taking a pay cut in your hypothetical to go to 8 years from year 5 to 6. At 8 years out of the lockout, the cap hit would have likely been in the high $6 M range, not $6 M or less.

Given that Kane, sequin and a couple of other players younger than him were locked up smartly by their teams BEFORE the lockout, I could see Subban getting locked up for less money than Kane or Seguin got. If the habs were smart they would have taken advantage of backloaded deals and locked him up longer. I also think at that time the contract if the reigning Norris winner would have served as a cap for Subban.

Subban's reported asking price was 5 years at $5.5 million...do you honestly think he would have given up 3 UFA years for $6 M or less coming out of the lockout? Heck, the 5th year of the 5 year request would have been over that amount given that it would have been a backloaded contract (as most long-term deals off ELC's are). That means he'd be taking a pay cut in your hypothetical to go to 8 years from year 5 to 6. At 8 years out of the lockout, the cap hit would have likely been in the high $6 M range, not $6 M or less.

Given that Kane, sequin and a couple of other players younger than him were locked up smartly by their teams BEFORE the lockout, I could see Subban getting locked up for less money than Kane or Seguin got. If the habs were smart they would have taken advantage of backloaded deals and locked him up longer. I also think at that time the contract if the reigning Norris winner would have served as a cap for Subban.

Kane and Seguin could have got the exact same deal after the lockout, neither of them are on 9+ year contracts. As for Karlsson's deal being a cap if Subban signs then, you're probably right. But 8 years trumps his contract length and it's not unreasonable to think that in those extra years, he'd have been seeking Karlsson money or more, which, when added in with the other lower or equal years, would yield a mid-high $6 M cap hit, not $6 M or maybe lower. That's the only point I'm trying to make.

I hope price stands on his head, but as much as I hate the USA, this moronic coaching staff deserves to lose 1-0.

Subban a scratch again today, in spite of the offensive struggles the team has had. Babcock is a moron.