Nov. 1, Toronto vs Hamilton, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

130102-lowres-30-TSG_3499.jpg

The Bulldogs (4-2-2) look to get revenge on their arch-rival Toronto (5-3-0) as they play them for the second time in a row...spanning 5 days of course. Despite taking the loss last Sunday, Robert Mayer is expected to make his second straight start, breaking up the rotation used thus far. Patrick Holland is with the team and will play for Hamilton.

Projected Toronto Lines:
(based on +/- data from last game)

Leivo - Carrick - D'Amigo

MacLeod - McKegg - Abbott

Broll - Smithson - Biggs

Ross - Crescenzi - Devane

Brennan - Marshall

MacWilliam - Granberg

Percy - Holzer

MacIntyre

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Andrighetto - St. Pierre - Holland

Tarnasky - Dumont - Aliu

Nystrom - Duffy - Macenauer

Quailer - Nattinen - Fournier

Tinordi - Nygren

Beaulieu - Chouinard
Schiestel - Ellis

Mayer

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM, AM900 will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

How would DD look down here?

Could be best place for him (even for a short stint), but Bergevin first would need to admit the extension was bit wacky and way too long a deal and that may not ever happen?

Nygren with 7 points in 9 games, is he possibly going to get a look if Diaz or Boullion get banged up? Boullion on the PP isn't a great option and Nygren's shot would likely result in some more offense.

But, can he defend at NHL level yet?

Nygren with 7 points in 9 games, is he possibly going to get a look if Diaz or Boullion get banged up? Boullion on the PP isn't a great option and Nygren's shot would likely result in some more offense.

I'd say probably not. He's still behind Tinordi and Beaulieu (plus Pateryn who's up with the big club). Maybe later in the year he gets a look if he keeps playing well but it's a bit early yet for him.

I'd say probably not. He's still behind Tinordi and Beaulieu (plus Pateryn who's up with the big club). Maybe later in the year he gets a look if he keeps playing well but it's a bit early yet for him.

Sure, likely so, but I think Tinordi-Pateryn fill different role than Beaulieu-Nygren.

And other than my ignorance of cap implications, I see no harm in calling up Nygren, slot him in Murray's spot for a game (say vs a smaller "softish" opponent) and see how he handles 7-10 minutes with some PP duty.

But, don't really expect it to happen anytime soon, just me being more curious to see how he would do defending vs NHLers, that's all.