Nov. 2, Montreal vs Colorado, 10 PM

dlbalr

I missed game, but its pretty funny to read through the posts and listen to mostly* everyone throw this team under the bridge after a loss.

Chill out!

Not fair... I threw them under the bus, just like MT did to PK after the game. :)

I thought we played a pretty good game, but didn't get the bounces and a few mistakes did us in. It was great to see Patches make a strong return in the third, and Galchenyuk at centre looked good (albeit with our two best wingers, and not sure Eller deserved the demotion). PK cost us ONE goal (not two as Therrien thinks) and was sloppier than usual, but he wasn't the biggest issue on the blueline of course. I'm starting to think that Bouillon should get the night off on back to backs, and the first goal was caused by Murray's fumbling.

All in all we deserved better from these two games, so it's disappointing to come home with two losses. Tuesday against the Blues will be tough.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Neech. Despite his man-crush on DD. This constant knee-jerk overreaction is very hard to take. Sometimes you win games and sometimes you lose games, and sometimes your best players aren't at their best and sometimes DD plays over his head between two hulking behemoths that make him look far better than he is thus enabling him to sign a contract he probably didn't deserve leading us to today where we can mock him and complain about a horrid contract. Deep breath.

MT calling out Subban is fine, because your superstar shouldn't be handing pucks to the opposition in his own zone. Not like that. Calling him out publicly is also fine, because if MT didn't do that, the media would have blown it all out of proportion. It's called getting out in front of the situation and dealing with it quickly. MT calls him out, it's done and dusted, we move on. Well, the team has probably moved on. *We* on the other hand, seem to want to bash and criticize and knee-jerk endlessly.

Not sure which league some people are watching, but every team goes through ups and downs and transitional teams like Montreal will go through more of those. After a couple of games, is it really necessary to call for MT's firing? Is it really necessary to deride so many decisions? Look, MT has tried to play DD out of his doldrums. He *had* to do that. You can't decide after five games that a player is no good and bench him and waive him and pray he never comes to see the light of day again. That's just not how things work. MT tried line combos, in-game benchings, and probably numerous meetings. DD hasn't figured it out, and the consequences are growing. In case anyone hasn't noticed, Subban isn't playing at his best for the last five games. Should we bench and press-box him?

Sometimes a loss is just a loss. Sometimes you lose against the best team in hockey and, even though it seemed winnable, it's still a loss. Doesn't mean we're a disastrous mess, it just means we lost against the best. I know it hurts all the more when we consider our finish last season and when we think of how close the game actually was - it's hard to lose at any time, but when you see the potential and just how close things are... well then performances like DD's are that much more remarkable. I mean, if he played like he did two years ago, maybe we win that game, so yeah, understandable knee-jerk!

Bottom line for me: keep an even keel. That's what the best teams and players do. In my opinion, it's also what the best fans do. Yes, point out the troublesome and worrisome, but don't gut the team after a loss or praise the Stanley Cup route after a win.

Otherwise, we might as well be Leaf fans.

• Upvote 2

I agree with Neech. Despite his man-crush on DD. This constant knee-jerk overreaction is very hard to take. Sometimes you win games and sometimes you lose games, and sometimes your best players aren't at their best and sometimes DD plays over his head between two hulking behemoths that make him look far better than he is thus enabling him to sign a contract he probably didn't deserve leading us to today where we can mock him and complain about a horrid contract. Deep breath.

MT calling out Subban is fine, because your superstar shouldn't be handing pucks to the opposition in his own zone. Not like that. Calling him out publicly is also fine, because if MT didn't do that, the media would have blown it all out of proportion. It's called getting out in front of the situation and dealing with it quickly. MT calls him out, it's done and dusted, we move on. Well, the team has probably moved on. *We* on the other hand, seem to want to bash and criticize and knee-jerk endlessly.

Not sure which league some people are watching, but every team goes through ups and downs and transitional teams like Montreal will go through more of those. After a couple of games, is it really necessary to call for MT's firing? Is it really necessary to deride so many decisions? Look, MT has tried to play DD out of his doldrums. He *had* to do that. You can't decide after five games that a player is no good and bench him and waive him and pray he never comes to see the light of day again. That's just not how things work. MT tried line combos, in-game benchings, and probably numerous meetings. DD hasn't figured it out, and the consequences are growing. In case anyone hasn't noticed, Subban isn't playing at his best for the last five games. Should we bench and press-box him?

Sometimes a loss is just a loss. Sometimes you lose against the best team in hockey and, even though it seemed winnable, it's still a loss. Doesn't mean we're a disastrous mess, it just means we lost against the best. I know it hurts all the more when we consider our finish last season and when we think of how close the game actually was - it's hard to lose at any time, but when you see the potential and just how close things are... well then performances like DD's are that much more remarkable. I mean, if he played like he did two years ago, maybe we win that game, so yeah, understandable knee-jerk!

Bottom line for me: keep an even keel. That's what the best teams and players do. In my opinion, it's also what the best fans do. Yes, point out the troublesome and worrisome, but don't gut the team after a loss or praise the Stanley Cup route after a win.

Otherwise, we might as well be Leaf fans.

Thanks Colin. Your post is the one I should have written as it reflects my view on the extremely fickle fan base as demonstrated on the forum. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion but the constant scapegoating of players and coaches is getting tiresome. I thought that the Habs played a damn good road game and except for some defensive breakdowns could have won. Teams on a roll get or create those breaks a la the Avs while those in a slump often do not.

It is a long season and this young and injury plagued team will have its ups and downs. I am much more elated, for the most part, by the play of Bournival and Leblanc (who seems to have found his game again, TTDOYC (thank the deity of your choice), than I am deflated by the growing pains of the team. The fact that this team never quits, even when behind, bodes very well for our future.

I have absolutely nothing of substance to add. My three comments, however: Once we settled into our seats, my son asks me (quite loudly, in that outdoor-volume-level voice of a nearly 4 year old) "Dad, are we at the Bell Centre?" . He also got all sorts of attention when he was crying when the Avs scored the first goal. Not loudly, but tears running down his cheeks. As the game when on, he cheered equally for both teams. It was a bit odd when he chimed in on the Lets Go Avalanche chant while wearing his Habs jersey.

Lastly, I got some dirty (albeit) friendly looks when I jumped up and shouted for the Gally goal.

• Upvote 1

I have absolutely nothing of substance to add. My three comments, however: Once we settled into our seats, my son asks me (quite loudly, in that outdoor-volume-level voice of a nearly 4 year old) "Dad, are we at the Bell Centre?" . He also got all sorts of attention when he was crying when the Avs scored the first goal. Not loudly, but tears running down his cheeks. As the game when on, he cheered equally for both teams. It was a bit odd when he chimed in on the Lets Go Avalanche chant while wearing his Habs jersey.

Lastly, I got some dirty (albeit) friendly looks when I jumped up and shouted for the Gally goal.

hahaha Awesome. My mom likes to remind me that I used to cry and skip the game when Pat Burns or Demers were playing the backup instead of Patrick Roy. So cheering for his team while wearing a Habs jersey is ok with me. :)