Nov. 2, Montreal vs Colorado, 10 PM

dlbalr

I guess you can say the fighting debate is like all other political debates: a few liberal windbags and loser journos telling everyone what to think, and protecting people from themselves.

Admittedly Ken Dryden is a liberal. But so you are saying he is a loser and a windbag :crazy:

DD's line ices the puck again.

Admittedly Ken Dryden is a liberal. But so you are saying he is a loser and a windbag :crazy:

His last job in hockey was with the Leafs.

That's how ill remember him :)

DD's line ices the puck again.

His last job in hockey was with the Leafs.

That's how ill remember him :)

well if the habs hired him in the 90's rather then the unholy trinity that replaced Savard, we probably wouldn't have had a 20 year black hole to live through.

I have to read his article to get a jist of his stance, but the dogmatism in the fighting debate is ridiculous. 9/10 players and 4/5 fans I bet want fighting. With the speed the NHL adopted hybrid icing, and caving on no touch, fighting isn't going anywhere.

well if the habs hired him in the 90's rather then the unholy trinity that replaced Savard, we probably wouldn't have had a 20 year black hole to live through.

And how many banners did the Leafs raise during Dryden's tenure in TO?

And how many banners did the Leafs raise during Dryden's tenure in TO?

he did get them back to respectability and was the reason they got Joseph.

but you can only do so much with the dysfuntional ownership the leafs had

When Frank comes on the PP is over.

He's a black hole.

I really don't get why Markov an Subban aren't on the full 2 min pp. Pronger used to play the full PP in Edmonton and Anaheim

Frank honeslty is horrible.

Loses the race,

Backs away from the puck battle

Then leaves his guy alone in front.

I hope he retires soon.

I just hope MT doesn't convince MB to resign him.

Buds is playing very well.

I really don't get why Markov an Subban aren't on the full 2 min pp. Pronger used to play the full PP in Edmonton and Anaheim

I just hope MT doesn't convince MB to resign him.

He needs to play about 30 more games for the rest of the year.

He looks exhausted.

he did get them back to respectability and was the reason they got Joseph.

but you can only do so much with the dysfuntional ownership the leafs had

Dryden was never GM in Toronto, so I question exactly how much he contributed to whatever success they did have.

Dryden was never GM in Toronto, so I question exactly how much he contributed to whatever success they did have.

he was the one who approached Cujo.

The EGGs certainly are Grade A tonight.

if they play less then DD again, I'm going to be pretty pissed.

PK is a smaller, high energy Defenceman. Expecting him to play huge minutes doesn't fit his game. PK is typically exhausted at the end of the shift.

But surely he can play 2 min on a PP at the point?

I mean, there's nobody else!

he was the one who approached Cujo.

if they play less then DD again, I'm going to be pretty pissed.

Dryden was a name on the organizational chart, a PR prop and maybe an occasional sounding board, and Pat Quinn never wanted to deal with him.

PK is a smaller, high energy Defenceman. Expecting him to play huge minutes doesn't fit his game. PK is typically exhausted at the end of the shift.

Playing 2 min on the PP shouldn't be that taxing, unless the habs PP is going bad and they keep having to regroup. The only other guy until Emelin comes back is Diaz - and he hasn't looked that good without Markov.

Dryden was a name on the organizational chart, a PR prop and maybe an occasional sounding board, and Pat Quinn never wanted to deal with him.

pat Quinn was a good coach but a crappy GM. Cujo even said that he met up with Dryden and signed with the leafs because of him. That was the single most important signing to get the leafs back on track.