When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

38 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Ya. Must Have.

I will miss Mikey. Still not sure why vast majority, English and French, hated him from the get-go? But, guess most coaches have expiration date and we will see how DD, Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, etc are utilized by a different; but supposedly very similar and strongly defense-first coach.

16 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

I never hated MT. I just thought it was time for a different look. I do think that his system exhausted the players by the end of the season. 

Hated may be bit much, but many (vast majority it seems) disliked his hiring and were vocal about how bad a coach he was from game 1 of his tenure. 

I was surprised when therein was hired, but overall I was pleased with his results. I just think that his system takes a lot of energy and wears down players over the  course of a season. I also felt that his adjustments were too frequent and players never experienced the stability of playing on somewhat set lines. He wouldn't make systemic adjustments in game to fix an issue. It always seemed to be line adjustments. We know that all coaches do it, but MT did it a bit too much for my liking. 

Well, lets just hope the new coach lights a fire under some players and can string some wins together.:clap:

But, sorry to say and given same roster, I still think is simply swapping a Pepsi for a Coke deal and no real upgrade on coach, hope am wrong. 

3 hours ago, DON said:

Well, lets just hope the new coach lights a fire under some players and can string some wins together.:clap:

But, sorry to say and given same roster, I still think is simply swapping a Pepsi for a Coke deal and no real upgrade on coach, hope am wrong. 

More like swapping Walmart battery acid cola for Pepsi 

20 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

More like swapping Walmart battery acid cola for Pepsi 

We shall see, I think you have unrealistic expectations to come from coaching change, hope you are correct but doubt it.

For the record, I didn't think MT was a terrible coach, but he should have been fired after last year in lieu of trading our franchise defenceman in order to please him; and besides that, the team - supposedly built to win NOW- has been uninspired and uninspiring over a span of almost three months. It was, simply put, time for a change. It's just a shame it didn't happen nine months earlier, which is what any normal organization would have done.

20 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

For the record, I didn't think MT was a terrible coach, but he should have been fired after last year in lieu of trading our franchise defenceman in order to please him; and besides that, the team - supposedly built to win NOW- has been uninspired and uninspiring over a span of almost three months. It was, simply put, time for a change. It's just a shame it didn't happen nine months earlier, which is what any normal organization would have done.

I completely agree.  Makes you wonder what would have happened had Julien been available last year.

Guest Stogey24
14 minutes ago, Chris said:

That was sarcasm, Weber brings more to the table IMO, including goals, points and defense. Obviously not as good of a skater

So was mine. 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

That was sarcasm, Weber brings more to the table IMO, including goals, points and defense. Obviously not as good of a skater

Subban has had an injury plagued season while Weber has been healthy. Subban has admitted his legs aren't doing what he wants them to do and it's hurting his game since he's not 100% in tune with his game yet. Post-major injury seasons are common for drops in performance (you know, like what Price is going through right now).

They both have 0.55 PPG, even after Weber's dominant October performance. Weber has a goal advantage at 0.22 GPG but Subban is not far at all behind with 0.18 GPG.

When you check the splits, Subban's +/- completely comes from injury months in October and December (-7 and -5). Weber meanwhile posted a +12 and +6 in October and November but afterwards is carrying a -5, and has been a -6 in February (if you care about +/-). 

The one point I won't argue is "IMO", since that's really Shea Weber's advantage in a debate. In only opinion does Weber have a clear advantage over Subban as a defenceman.

3 hours ago, lazy26 said:

I completely agree.  Makes you wonder what would have happened had Julien been available last year.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

A lot of assumptions and what-ifs...boring game to play.

Gee, what if we had signed Eric Staal and grabbed Drouin when his value was seemingly low, that would of been great moves and cheap...

I don't think that CJ is the answer but he is one of the best French coach's out there at this time. How much worse can it get, maybe now we will have a power play after 3 or 4 years and if CJ does not work out I am sure that MB will bring back MT

37 minutes ago, kickass528 said:

I don't think that CJ is the answer but he is one of the best French coach's out there at this time. How much worse can it get, maybe now we will have a power play after 3 or 4 years and if CJ does not work out I am sure that MB will bring back MT

If Julien doesn't work out, Bergevin is getting fired. He's out of bold moves.

2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

If Julien doesn't work out, Bergevin is getting fired. He's out of bold moves.

It looked to me that Le genius simply could not adapt, he had his system and that was that. Last ear and this year he appeared completely lost when things went bad. I will say that he was a lot more mature behind the bench, damned near looked professional. They real really should have let him coach 1 last game with his mustart coloired jacket just for old times sake. He will get a job or he will get paid by until 2019. Not a bad deal if you can get. it. He can also fall back on his previous career as a bouncer. So long Le Genius it was fun while it lasted (NOT REALLY)

9 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That's the thing. For me, this doesn't really feel like a huge change. In my lonely opinion, we've cut one of the main reasons to fire a coach in half by reinstating a coach who has already been down that road on this team. I was alright with Therrien for the most part but I'm not at all up in arms about him leaving. I just wish we had hired some completely fresh new blood into the organization after already having recycled a coach.

What I will admit is that I'm looking at it from a fan's perspective. All but 2 of the players on the team weren't playing for Julien last time around, so for them, it is a little bit of a shock to the system. I still stand by what I said though and this coaching change feels different to me than every other coaching change in the league this year so far. Julien may do well because he can coach but I don't see the change as having as much of an immediate impact as some of the other changes made for this season.

6 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Subban has had an injury plagued season while Weber has been healthy. Subban has admitted his legs aren't doing what he wants them to do and it's hurting his game since he's not 100% in tune with his game yet. Post-major injury seasons are common for drops in performance (you know, like what Price is going through right now).

They both have 0.55 PPG, even after Weber's dominant October performance. Weber has a goal advantage at 0.22 GPG but Subban is not far at all behind with 0.18 GPG.

When you check the splits, Subban's +/- completely comes from injury months in October and December (-7 and -5). Weber meanwhile posted a +12 and +6 in October and November but afterwards is carrying a -5, and has been a -6 in February (if you care about +/-). 

The one point I won't argue is "IMO", since that's really Shea Weber's advantage in a debate. In only opinion does Weber have a clear advantage over Subban as a defenceman.

If Subban gets injured it's an excuse but if Weber is hurting he's old. So this season doesn't count? Alright well if Weber gets injured in 3 years due to his age, let's just not count that year in our assessment.

You're missing the point.

Weber played better 2 months ago.

Subban is playing better right now. 

The concerning thing is that this has been a recurring pattern with Weber, getting worse later in the season. It was something mentionned around the time of the trade. 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

You're missing the point.

Weber played better 2 months ago.

Subban is playing better right now. 

The concerning thing is that this has been a recurring pattern with Weber, getting worse later in the season. It was something mentionned around the time of the trade. 

Subban's point total by month:

October 5 

november 10 

December 2

January 1

February 4

Weber's point total by month:

October 10

November 8

December 3

January 10

February 1

Two months ago would put us in mid December. Are we talking about when Weber got a whopping 3 points to Subban's 2? Or are we talking about November when Subban got 10 points to Weber's 8? Or are we just trying to create a narrative. Based on stats alone, Subban's arguably had a better February, I agree. I guess that's what people have been waiting for. It looks to me like Weber was able to bounce back after a mediocre December as well though.

We're not talking about stats? Oh okay, Weber's defensive play has been the cause of our slump and the reason our coach got fired, while Subban has been exquisite in his defensive play. That's what I was missing. :sarcasm_on:

• Upvote 1

Yes, cause when I said stats, i meant only points.

Oh wait, I meant that Webers defensive play has fallen off.  That his 5v5 play has fallen off, giving up more high quality chances against. That he's also been part of the reason our PK unit has been so much worse over the last two month?

Oh ok.... yeah, thats exactly what I meant. 

But sure, Tell me again how Weber from the last 40 games has been the same guy he was in the first 20.. 

We also traded for his character and leadership.  He was supposedly so much better in the room.  Is that leadership helping this team get out of the slump they are in.