When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

I would have loved to read all comments by 30/31 this season. To bad he is not around.

Yeah I agree. I always loved to hear what he would say, some was completely off the wall and some was right on. Too bad he got run off. I tried to get him to come back but no luck. I had a lot of chuckles reading some of the stuff he said, too bad some people are so rigid.

The only whining I can hear is from many HabFans, not the players; but that's not news.

Once I put 30-31 on Ignore all was good, but in general, I had no use for his constant idiotic negativity and seems he pissed off numerous others more than anyone.

But some want him back, which is similar to Trump supporters...I don't understand it but to each their own.

The only whining I can hear is from many HabFans, not the players; but that's not news.

Once I put 30-31 on Ignore all was good, but in general, I had no use for his constant idiotic negativity and seems he pissed off numerous others more than anyone.

But some want him back, which is similar to Trump supporters...I don't understand it but to each their own.

"Make Habsworld Great Again"

We should be able to have different opinions, some of his were goofy, some were good, some not well thought out, but he always had an opinion. And i certainly hope we can express ourselves here. I am quite surprised you haven't put me on ignore, but then again maybe you have. :)

Guest Stogey24

Completely forgot about that dude. Funny people still bring him up

We should be able to have different opinions, some of his were goofy, some were good, some not well thought out, but he always had an opinion. And i certainly hope we can express ourselves here. I am quite surprised you haven't put me on ignore, but then again maybe you have. :)

He was full of opinions that sparked discussion, and the incident that drove him over the top was very Richard-ish, but he spent a lot of time on here discussing the same issues over and over again that people asked him to lay off of. There's a fine line between someone being censored and someone repeatedly doing things nobody wants them to do.

And since he's left, there have been no misspellings of Plekanec!

Frankly, I think he's stayed on the sidelines because he's a contrarian. Now that many of us feel like he did, he's lost his "schtick."

He was full of opinions that sparked discussion, and the incident that drove him over the top was very Richard-ish, but he spent a lot of time on here discussing the same issues over and over again that people asked him to lay off of. There's a fine line between someone being censored and someone repeatedly doing things nobody wants them to do.

And since he's left, there have been no misspellings of Plekanec!

Frankly, I think he's stayed on the sidelines because he's a contrarian. Now that many of us feel like he did, he's lost his "schtick."

Now that could be true. :)

Didn't Habs30 get caught up in name-calling and personal insults? Or am I thinking of a different poster - ?

Personally, I feel sorry for fans who always have to dwell on the negative. The three years prior to this one had an awful lot of positives. The debate was simply whether we were bona-fide contenders, or merely 'outside chancers.' Those who argued the latter were proved correct. But having a team that is in the second rather than first tier is not a reason to endlessly fume and rage and attack. Most teams are not even second tier. It's like complaining that you're 'only' a millionaire instead of a billionaire.

Now then. With Galy surging, I honestly don't know if Le Genius is going to get fired. I hope so, not because he's done a bad job but because I really think a change would benefit the team, and I am sure he is approaching his 'best by' date. The whole logic behind NOT firing him this season was that we wanted to wait until the talent pool of available replacements was optimally deep. If we keep him around until he does pass his 'best by' date - assuming he hasn't already - we will be forced to fire him mid-season (or else lose a whole other year). This would defeat the point of having kept him around through this agonizing, pointless season.

I don't really agree with the argument that the team has sucked, therefore we need a blood sacrifice. (I'd hate to work for an employer who fires people just for the hell of it, although this obviously happens all the time in today's pathological economic climate). There IS a case to be made for not tolerating these kinds of results, organizationally, however. It's an interesting question whether building a winning culture means riding out the bad times, or whether it means cutting off heads.

Well you are both probably right. As you know I want him gone. For the simple reason that his "system" doesn't work. His shortcomings have been exposed. Yes his #1 player was injured, but there was no change to what was being done. You have to compensate, formulate a different plan. His answer was to do exactly what they had been doing, mostly because it is all he knows how to do. He is a 1 trick pony and now it is there for all to see.

Not my favourite coach...not that I am really fond of any of them, but he is likely as good as most.

But, to not fire him will make many HabFans go berserk and create some 'lively' debate. :hyper:

Guest Stogey24

Seems like everyone's favorite coach will be sticking around :hyper:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-therrien-coach-canadiens-next-season/

If Therrien isn't gone, there something seriously wrong with this organization. If your aloud to go on the worst stretch in franchise history and keep your job, there's bigger issues than Therrien on this management team.

If Therrien isn't gone, there something seriously wrong with this organization. If your aloud to go on the worst stretch in franchise history and keep your job, there's bigger issues than Therrien on this management team.

Sylvain Lefebvre's held down a job through three straight playoff DNQs. Therrien's earned a firing. Even if they succeed next year, so what? What does that mean for Therrien? That he relies on Carey Price to keep a job? He might as well fill water bottles during the game.

I'm not too surprised. Quite frankly I was expecting this. when you consider lefebve is still the AHL coach, not surprising that le genius would get a pass.

Hey here's an idea let's sign Le Genius to a lifetime contract. Then we should change the name to the Maple Laffs and all will be good. I mean right now we are a joke. I for one am embarrassed to say I am a Hab's fan. Anyone who can be proud of this team is sick.

Seems like everyone's favorite coach will be sticking around :hyper:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-therrien-coach-canadiens-next-season/

Next story there was bits of an interview about goalie equipment changes etc, and when Price would return, and a quote from that article and Bergevin...

"Bergevin also downplayed a report that said the Habs are committed to bringing back Michel Therrien as head coach next season.

“Don’t believe everything you read,” he said."

So goes the speculation lol.

Next story there was bits of an interview about goalie equipment changes etc, and when Price would return, and a quote from that article and Bergevin...

"Bergevin also downplayed a report that said the Habs are committed to bringing back Michel Therrien as head coach next season.

“Don’t believe everything you read,” he said."

So goes the speculation lol.

Ha haaaa, so there is hope again :monkey:

So Mitchell and Byron both had more ice time than Galchenyuk tonight. And we're bringing this guy back??

Le genius is resting him for next year.

The most valid critique of MT's coaching is his general, excruciating slowness to make adjustments. Galy has been on an absolute tear, and Therrien is STILL carefully 'managing his minutes' behind plugs like Mitchell or, earlier in the year, DD? Ridiculous. It's kinda like how he was slower than everyone else in the known universe to recognize that Subban was an elite player who could have the training wheels taken off. It's almost comical.

• Upvote 1