When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

Don't forget Babcock and Hockey Canada, who dosent see Subban as you and most HabFans do.

Did you forget anything else to compline about?

In an exhibition game near end of season, he plays fringe players a bit more than golden boy...so what. Galchenyuk will be back for 16-17 season, Mitchell and others may not be and are fighting for a spot.

(or you actually wanted a win yesterday?)

I disagree Don. Chucky is feeling it. If he is taking the next step it needs to be nurtured and encouraged now. Regardless of rookies. Knowing his future role is key before the offseason for free agent signing. I questioned whether or not he could take the next step. Now I'm thinking it may be possible. He needs key minutes and lots of ice time now.

I disagree Don. Chucky is feeling it. If he is taking the next step it needs to be nurtured and encouraged now. Regardless of rookies. Knowing his future role is key before the offseason for free agent signing. I questioned whether or not he could take the next step. Now I'm thinking it may be possible. He needs key minutes and lots of ice time now.

I agree, let Chucky get as much ice time as he can handle, let him continue this torrid pace as long as possible.

Plekanec, Mitchell and Byron may be the worst line Plek has ever played with in his time here, so let them ride the pine and let Chucky and Patch work on their game for next year.

Don't forget Babcock and Hockey Canada, who dosent see Subban as you and most HabFans do.

Did you forget anything else to compline about?

In an exhibition game near end of season, he plays fringe players a bit more than golden boy...so what. Galchenyuk will be back for 16-17 season, Mitchell and others may not be and are fighting for a spot.

(or you actually wanted a win yesterday?)

First of all, I am hardly a knee-jerk Therrien critic. Indeed, I'd suggest that he did a pretty good job for much of this season, considering that the team regularly outplayed its opponents - despite constantly losing - through most of December and January and even into February. Whatever he was selling, the team was buying. Only over the last few weeks has the team really started to look lacklustre, and I don't think that's MT's fault; it's human nature to lose your mojo at some point, when you keep trying and keep trying and never, ever get rewarded.

I'm simply pointing out that Therrien is slow to adapt. This is a valid criticism of his coaching.

As for the specific case of Galchenyuk, BChabnut and KoRP are correct. Let the kid taste success and validation as much as possible. We NEED him to be a major player for us, a star. Fer chrissakes, let him get the wind in his sails and come to next camp brimming with confidence, ready to take that Next Step. Take the training wheels off.

Guest Stogey24

So Mitchell and Byron both had more ice time than Galchenyuk tonight. And we're bringing this guy back??

Ridiculous.

In your mind is a valid criticism, I am not a professional GM or coach, so maybe you are correct, but you seemed to pile up all the crap you can to make your point and some of that stuff I totally disagree with.

You do know he got 20minutes 2 of last three games, is back to back games this week and for past couple weeks it has been exhibition season for this team. So to be cussing about him only playing 15minutes is overboard reaction...especially for you.

Guest Stogey24

Paul Byron has no goals and 2 assists in his last 26 games. Ya! Let's play that dude over our future players.

Therrien will never change. If you play a defensive style you'll get the presidential treatment.

In your mind is a valid criticism, I am not a professional GM or coach, so maybe you are correct, but you seemed to pile up all the crap you can to make your point and some of that stuff I totally disagree with.

You do know he got 20minutes 2 of last three games, is back to back games this week and for past couple weeks it has been exhibition season for this team. So to be cussing about him only playing 15minutes is overboard reaction...especially for you.

Well...if Galy had not been second-fiddle to an impotent DD for so much of this season, last night's game probably wouldn't have triggered this response.

The 'slow to adjust' criticism isn't unique to me, it's a common argument about this coach. And perhaps a lot of coaches. Nonetheless, it has validity.

I'm not sure where this militant desire to defend Therrien is coming from. He's one of an interchangeable mass of non-elite NHL coaches, coming off a disaster of a season. I can certainly see not being adamant that he be fired, but if he is replaced by a qualified NHL coach (say, Crawford) do you really believe this team is going to suffer significantly in consequence? It's no skin off our noses if he does get canned.

Well...if Galy had not been second-fiddle to an impotent DD for so much of this season, last night's game probably wouldn't have triggered this response.

The 'slow to adjust' criticism isn't unique to me, it's a common argument about this coach. And perhaps a lot of coaches. Nonetheless, it has validity.

I'm not sure where this militant desire to defend Therrien is coming from. He's one of an interchangeable mass of non-elite NHL coaches, coming off a disaster of a season. I can certainly see not being adamant that he be fired, but if he is replaced by a qualified NHL coach (say, Crawford) do you really believe this team is going to suffer significantly in consequence? It's no skin off our noses if he does get canned.

For me as I have said before, his system does not work, he has been exposed as a poor coach. The guys want to win they play hard, they try to implement what he tells them but it doesn't work. We need a new voice and a new plan, thus a new coach.

No skin whatsoever. I was fan the first few years, but if he gets fired it's not as if he had all these ideas that didn't see the light of day. We're seeing what he's got out there...zippo.

Crawford for Therrien seems similar to trading Subban for Karlsson, simply a sideways move, that puts you no farther ahead and waste of Bergevin's time to deal with.

Militant defense of Therrien? I have never once even said I was even a fan of his? And you and most HabFans call for his head would be categorized as?

Crawford for Therrien seems similar to trading Subban for Karlsson, simply a sideways move, that puts you no farther ahead and waste of Bergevin's time to deal with.

Militant defense of Therrien? I have never once even said I was even a fan of his? And you and most HabFans call for his head would be categorized as?

Like I said, no skin of our nose if Therrien is canned; so my point was I don't see why you (or anyone) would be so seemingly agitated in coming to his defence. In terms of the benefits of firing MT, I think they amount to, first, a pre-emptive strike against his going stale, which would then force us to replace him mid-season or risk losing yet another year; and the need to turn the page on the debacle of 2015-16 and get a fresh voice and fresh approach in the room. The latter is really a psychological issue: last year is totally behind us, it's a fresh start, etc.. It's hardly an open and shut case, but it's not insignificant either.

Most teams in our position would fire the coach, I think.

Guest Stogey24

You get upset everytime anyone says anything remotely close to criticism about Therrien

Not surprisingly I disagree that it is a sideways move. New ideas and a different approach, maybe a coach who understands that in order to score 3 goals a game, you need a system that is geared towards it. Maybe a coach who is willing to let the young guys have a little leash even if they make some mistakes. Maybe a coach who supports his star players instead of throwing them under the bus. Crawford has been a successful coach, and would be a good candidate, maybe there are others. But Le Genius has got to go. We cannot have another disaster like this year. We need a coach who can adapt and formulate new plans if the old ones did not work. We need a coach who can think farther ahead then dump and chase. We need a coach who will utilize the talent on the team to it's best advantage. I know every coach has a blender of sorts, but maybe we could wait till the end of the 1st period before rolling it out. Just a few of my rambling thoughts, I have more. :)

Not surprisingly I disagree that it is a sideways move. New ideas and a different approach, maybe a coach who understands that in order to score 3 goals a game, you need a system that is geared towards it. Maybe a coach who is willing to let the young guys have a little leash even if they make some mistakes. Maybe a coach who supports his star players instead of throwing them under the bus. Crawford has been a successful coach, and would be a good candidate, maybe there are others. But Le Genius has got to go. We cannot have another disaster like this year. We need a coach who can adapt and formulate new plans if the old ones did not work. We need a coach who can think farther ahead then dump and chase. We need a coach who will utilize the talent on the team to it's best advantage. I know every coach has a blender of sorts, but maybe we could wait till the end of the 1st period before rolling it out. Just a few of my rambling thoughts, I have more. :)

I like much of what you say, but this "blender" criticism doesn't hold water...I can almost guarantee that MT's successor will also have a "blender." 99% of coaches do, and 99% of coaches get criticized in their home market for it. So, don't be disappointed when the new guy's blender comes out.

I don't have a problem with a blender per se. I do have an issue when you are blending dale weisse with maxpac, or blending Byron on the top 2 lines. Mix up your lines, but keep people in roles that are within the limits of their abilities.

I like much of what you say, but this "blender" criticism doesn't hold water...I can almost guarantee that MT's successor will also have a "blender." 99% of coaches do, and 99% of coaches get criticized in their home market for it. So, don't be disappointed when the new guy's blender comes out.

Your analogy doesn't hold. Coaches have a certain shelf life. IMO, MT's shelf life has run its course. In honestly I think he didn't even deserve a second chance after costing us the Carolina series over a decade ago, just like Mario Tremblay should never be considered for ANY job in Montreal again.

What puzzles me is you are always extremely critical of subban, but hunky dory with everything MT does. He isn't a relation or something is he?

If had a good reason to back all your 'mild' mindless never ending criticism of past 4 years, I might grab my torch and pitchfork also. But, it is same ol BS complaints that were tossed at Martin and coach before him and the next coach will see the fickle HabFandome freaking out in short order. You know it will play out that way and hasnt changed since 1979, has it?

So why bother, simply need another scorer or two, pray for few injuries and results should improve, no matter who is coaching.

If had a good reason to back all your 'mild' mindless never ending criticism of past 4 years, I might grab my torch and pitchfork also. But, it is same ol BS complaints that were tossed at Martin and coach before him and the next coach will see the fickle HabFandome freaking out in short order. You know it will play out that way and hasnt changed since 1979, has it?

So why bother, simply need another scorer or two, pray for few injuries and results should improve, no matter who is coaching.

True. The argument for a new coach concerns the need for a fresh voice and thus to turn the page on a horrible disaster, the need to avoid MT going stale and therefore producing yet another disaster, and perhaps the idea that a season like this one is simply unacceptable, and therefore someone has to pay.

It can't be based on the 'blender,' or the idea that the coach tends to prefer veterans, emphasizes defence, likes things low-risk, or makes specific lineup or line-matching decisions that some fans disagree with. The characteristics are true of almost all modern NHL coaches.

As for Therrien putting players in roles for which they're not suited, I see that more as a symptom of a shortage of talent up front. Weise got time in the top-6, NOT because Therrien had a hard-on for him, but because we lack legitimate top-6 FWs. Period.

• Upvote 1

i agree that the coach will have a blender, but maybe, will use it with a little less enthusiasm.

True. The argument for a new coach concerns the need for a fresh voice and thus to turn the page on a horrible disaster, the need to avoid MT going stale and therefore producing yet another disaster, and perhaps the idea that a season like this one is simply unacceptable, and therefore someone has to pay.

It can't be based on the 'blender,' or the idea that the coach tends to prefer veterans, emphasizes defence, likes things low-risk, or makes specific lineup or line-matching decisions that some fans disagree with. The characteristics are true of almost all modern NHL coaches.

As for Therrien putting players in roles for which they're not suited, I see that more as a symptom of a shortage of talent up front. Weise got time in the top-6, NOT because Therrien had a hard-on for him, but because we lack legitimate top-6 FWs. Period.

And DD playing more than Galchenyuk was because? Or for that matter who can forget Frankie boo, Weaver etc. CC: "It can't be based on the 'blender,' or the idea that the coach tends to prefer veterans, emphasizes defence, likes things low-risk, or makes specific lineup or line-matching decisions that some fans disagree with. The characteristics are true of almost all modern NHL coaches" The trouble is when it doesn't work can you adjust? Or do you simply do the same thing and hope it will work this time. Anyone of those things is not a reason to fire him, but put it all together with the complete collapse this team endured, and yup, time to go. I will say it again, the players are trying to follow his system, he has not lost the room. He simply does not have the answers anymore. I remember what he looked like before Markdown gave him that ridiculous vote of confidence. He looked like dead man walking, he knew he should be fired, he thought he would be. He did not know what to do next, even to save his job. It is time to move on. New voice new plan.

I was a Boullion fan and Weaver did his best. What do they have to do with Therrien being fired? Again someone is just piling on all they can to make their case and in the end a pretty weak statement, basically want change for sake of change, which Bergevin likely aint doing.

If he is fired in April,fine. If he isn't, also fine by me. As Mr.Prine says "that's the way the world goes round." ..."your in a 1/2 in of water and you think your gonna drown".

I was a Boullion fan and Weaver did his best. What do they have to do with Therrien being fired? Again someone is just piling on all they can to make their case and in the end a pretty weak statement, basically want change for sake of change, which Bergevin likely aint doing.

If he is fired in April,fine. If he isn't, also fine by me. As Mr.Prine says "that's the way the world goes round." ..."your in a 1/2 in of water and you think your gonna drown".

You really need to read my posts. in full. Yes there are a lot of reasons to fire him. The Weaver Boullion thing is playing vets who were not that good ahead of young guys who need to play. He still does it today. DDis just hurt that is all or he would be right in there. If you can show me how his system is working so good, I will back off, but I have been saying since he got here that his systems do not work. If that is a weak statement, I think you need to research some other teams and see what happens when they have systems that work. If a coach can't make his system work what use is he? It is all he has.

Sorry your uncle has to go.