When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

For all those (me included ) hopping that Quebec gets a team we will be waiting a long time. My good friend just came back from Quebec he meet some big wigs they told him that there is no money to support a team right now and into the near future the Canadian dollar was a big factor. And for the people that havened heard Price and PK are officially done for the season and may be the Worlds. Maybe next season and maybe M.T will have a better system or maybe Mr. Molson will fire him over the summer there a big stretch. And now we don't Roy as a coach we can do way better than that come on guys

Edited by kickass528

I think the feeling about Roy is pretty unanimous. Has his stock ever fallen since he left the Q. Probably should have stayed there. That's likely where he'll end up again.

On another potential candidate, I heard on Toronto Talk radio this morning that the feeling in Boston is that both Cam Neely and Claude Julien may be out at the end of the season. I think Claude would be a fabulous choice for us, if he was willing to return!

What do you think about Claude as our coach?

I think the feeling about Roy is pretty unanimous. Has his stock ever fallen since he left the Q. Probably should have stayed there. That's likely where he'll end up again.

On another potential candidate, I heard on Toronto Talk radio this morning that the feeling in Boston is that both Cam Neely and Claude Julien may be out at the end of the season. I think Claude would be a fabulous choice for us, if he was willing to return!

I just hate the guy. Everything he said in the past 5 years was full of shit.

To be honest, I'd be more happy if we'd hire Carbo back than Claude Julien.

Claude is an excellent coach. I'd take him back for sure.

He'd be top of my list if fired (only AV would be higher, but looks like AV will keep his job)

Claude is an excellent coach. I'd take him back for sure.

He'd be top of my list if fired (only AV would be higher, but looks like AV will keep his job)

The irrationalism of the anti-Julien attitude is perhaps not surprising, but I still find it bizarre. He's an accomplished, Cup-winning, bilingual coach that any clear-thinking organization in need of coaching would snap up. For fans of THIS organization to turn their noses up at a guy with that c.v., who is also bilingual, is borderline insane IMHO.

That said, I think he will end up in Vancouver with his old pal Jim Benning.

Claude Julien was supposed to be fired back in 2011 but the Habs didn't win game seven and Tim Thomas sold his soul to the devil.

He was once again going to be fired the year the Bruins went to the ECF but Neely wanted him to stay.

He then became a part of a weird situation where the GM was fired and kept him, and the Bruins are on the verge of missing the playoffs.

He got fired in a winning season by Lou in New Jersey because Lou saw he wasn't as good as the record suggested.

No thanks to Clod. Looking at his track record, he doesn't make teams better but his teams prop him up (sound familiar?). Bruins fans hate the guy. We might as well keep Therrien for another year if Julien is the top candidate. At least that doesn't mean 3-5 years of Julien.

Well Don according Darren Dreger your uncle will be back next year. I of course would like to see a change. Que Sera.

A depressing thought. Let's hope Dreger is wrong. I continue to feel that a change would be good for the team, psychologically. It would also reflect the 'no excuses' philosophy that was SUPPOSED to be the mantra of this management group. Bah.

Therrien over the three years prior to this one surpassed my expectations as a coach. Each year we finished higher than I expected. This year I predicted low again - a regression to around 100 points, but we were blowing by that with Carey in the lineup. There's every reason to believe that with a healthy core and some major additions at forward that we'll be back at 100+ points with the same regime.

Now, can someone fix the powerplay? That's something the whole organization should work on in the offseason if we're coming back with Therrien, and is perhaps the largest indictment of his tenure.

The only reason to think that Crawford would do better with this bunch is the newness effect. Seeing as it's doubtful that he'll get hired by any NHL team without a language requirement, we could always save that for next season.

Claude Julien was supposed to be fired back in 2011 but the Habs didn't win game seven and Tim Thomas sold his soul to the devil.

He was once again going to be fired the year the Bruins went to the ECF but Neely wanted him to stay.

He then became a part of a weird situation where the GM was fired and kept him, and the Bruins are on the verge of missing the playoffs.

He got fired in a winning season by Lou in New Jersey because Lou saw he wasn't as good as the record suggested.

No thanks to Clod. Looking at his track record, he doesn't make teams better but his teams prop him up (sound familiar?). Bruins fans hate the guy. We might as well keep Therrien for another year if Julien is the top candidate. At least that doesn't mean 3-5 years of Julien.

Ya know I had forgotten about the New Jersey thing, that was weird. The guy had a hell of a record and Lou kicked his ass to the curb, but I think there some locker room issues. He has been a winning coach in the NHL but he looks too goofy for me. :)

Therrien over the three years prior to this one surpassed my expectations as a coach. Each year we finished higher than I expected. This year I predicted low again - a regression to around 100 points, but we were blowing by that with Carey in the lineup. There's every reason to believe that with a healthy core and some major additions at forward that we'll be back at 100+ points with the same regime.

Now, can someone fix the powerplay? That's something the whole organization should work on in the offseason if we're coming back with Therrien, and is perhaps the largest indictment of his tenure.

The only reason to think that Crawford would do better with this bunch is the newness effect. Seeing as it's doubtful that he'll get hired by any NHL team without a language requirement, we could always save that for next season.

Hey let's bring Crawford in and Carbo as the guy in charge of the P/P. The last time we had a power play is when Carbo was coach.

Julien is a moron, that stupid look on his face when he is crying like a victim, turns my stomach.

I would rather keep MT, as change to Julien, and listen to his "we are victims" attitude.

He tries to convey intelligent, but only succeeds at looking like an idiot with a very low IQ.

Maybe he isn't bad at X's and O's, but he is a dumbass, caveman, old NHL goon mentality asswipe in this day and age of 2016.

• Upvote 1

Julien is a moron, that stupid look on his face when he is crying like a victim, turns my stomach.

I would rather keep MT, as change to Julien, and listen to his "we are victims" attitude.

He tries to convey intelligent, but only succeeds at looking like an idiot with a very low IQ.

Maybe he isn't bad at X's and O's, but he is a dumbass, caveman, old NHL goon mentality asswipe in this day and age of 2016.

Did you ever think the the 'old NHL goon mentality' you're accusing him of was a calculated decision based on the players he had? You get Lucic and Chara on your team, along with a bunch of agitators like that prick Marchand, wouldn't you look at it and say, 'OK, this team's strength is intimidation?' Sounds like solid coaching to me, especially considering that it worked. As for Lamorello firing him, that says more about Lou being a complete bastard than it does about Julien. In any case, I'm not arguing he's a genius. Just that his track record says he's a strong coach.

Did you ever think the the 'old NHL goon mentality' you're accusing him of was a calculated decision based on the players he had? You get Lucic and Chara on your team, along with a bunch of agitators like that prick Marchand, wouldn't you look at it and say, 'OK, this team's strength is intimidation?' Sounds like solid coaching to me, especially considering that it worked. As for Lamorello firing him, that says more about Lou being a complete bastard than it does about Julien. In any case, I'm not arguing he's a genius. Just that his track record says he's a strong coach.

I don't have a problem with Julien using his tools. If there's an issue with his coaching (that can be better explained by Bruins fans in case you want me to find quotes from them as to why they can't stand him being their coach for 5+ years) it's the way he always tried to act like his team was the victim of everything. Which is the World vs. Boston mentality, but if that's his toolbox, what's he gonna do in Montreal? The same? Doesn't really work here when refs think we're a team of divers and never make calls when someone hooks or trips Gallagher in front of the net.

I don't have a problem with Julien using his tools. If there's an issue with his coaching (that can be better explained by Bruins fans in case you want me to find quotes from them as to why they can't stand him being their coach for 5+ years) it's the way he always tried to act like his team was the victim of everything. Which is the World vs. Boston mentality, but if that's his toolbox, what's he gonna do in Montreal? The same? Doesn't really work here when refs think we're a team of divers and never make calls when someone hooks or trips Gallagher in front of the net.

Actually that sounds like a coach trying to win and giving his team every opportunity.

Did you ever think the the 'old NHL goon mentality' you're accusing him of was a calculated decision based on the players he had?

Yes I did think of that, still doesn't change my opinion. Hate that he would go there, look that that in a Habs bench? No way.

Exactly!

Actually that sounds like a coach trying to win and giving his team every opportunity.

I don't care how it sounds, I don't like his attitude in general, or his coaching style, but alas, I'm not hiring and firing, so it's just my unimportant opinion, which I am done discussing ;)

Well from what I hear (living here in MTL ) MB is suppose to have a press conference next week we're the will praise MT looks like there will be one more year with no PP, no system except put Price in nets and give the puck to Subban on the PP. What is MT and MB backup plain if Price goes down next year

As per Julien no thanks we can do better than that

Except for one issue.

He doesn't speak French? Ya know you gotta speak french in Montreal because so many of the players speak french and of course the coach must communicate with the team? no?