When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

Last year, giveaways by D looked like this:

6. PK Subban: 83

7. Drew Doughty: 82

8. Andrei Markov: 82

9. Slava Voynov: 75

Having the puck a lot means lots of giveaways.

yes it does ...... so what does that have to do with gilbert?

repect your opinin..............my on ly point is i like both the kids playing more than weaver. he should be the seventh. but hey, they dont pay me to develope dmen.....they pay the coaches for that. seems there are some real good young defenseman playing every night..............just not in montreal under therrien

Reality check:

Knuckles and the Flower aren't the best company. As entertaining/insightful as Nilan can be when it comes to talk about being a player, he was a tremendous failure as a coach.

So what has Dan Lacroix brought to the table?

reality check.

you have not been much of a coach either........... does not mean you dont make some good points every now and then. same goes for knuckles and the flower. ya think?

come to think of it your boy MT "was a tremendous failure as a coach" too............ and MB hired him.

So i would not right everything every failed coach has to say simply because they dont have dee amazing resume that Michelle has. :thumbs_up:

reality check!

And still waitin for the huge list of realistic Therrien's replacement upgrade options (that Bergevin hasn't already interviewed & passed over), when you fire him ASAP.

For the nth time: unless you think this team is some sort of super-talented powerhouse somehow being held back by MT's awful coaching, you have zero grounds to advocate his firing. The end.

reality check!

And still waitin for the huge list of realistic Therrien's replacement upgrade options (that Bergevin hasn't already interviewed & passed over), when you fire him ASAP.

As in my prior post i listed what you are referring to. Therriens greatest asset.....the lack of bi lingual coaches. Therrien would be back on the radio if not for the fact that the Habs have the smallest pool in all of sports to draw from when selecting a coach.

Sure glad the habs dont select players the way they select head coaches...................man would we suck

For the nth time: unless you think this team is some sort of super-talented powerhouse somehow being held back by MT's awful coaching, you have zero grounds to advocate his firing. The end.

Right on...

And...

If this 9th time could only be the end of it,

as it should be,

but it won't...

:wall: :wall: :wall:

As in my prior post i listed what you are referring to. Therriens greatest asset.....the lack of bi lingual coaches. Therrien would be back on the radio if not for the fact that the Habs have the smallest pool in all of sports to draw from when selecting a coach.

Sure glad the habs dont select players the way they select head coaches...................man would we suck

By having choice of all the best Quebec players is big reason Habs won so many cups, isn't it?

It didn't hurt having Dryden, Robinson, Gainey, Shutt, the mahavolich's, ferguson, Harvey, Jarvis, langway and englom either.

They also didn't hurt any by not having the French connection, bossy, potvin, or Dionne either.

Too much is made of the Habs having the best French players and not enough credit given to the Habs having a front office and coaching that for 30 years was miles ahead of the rest of the league.

By having choice of all the best Quebec players is big reason Habs won so many cups, isn't it?

Montreal won the cups between the 40s and 60s because they scouted better and the Norris family always kept one of their teams bad to make another team good. They bought a league to get Beliveau.

Montreal won the cups in the 70s because Pollock took advantage of inexperienced GMs and new teams.

The 86 Cup was the right mix of youth and veterans. The 93 Cup was youth and depth.

If Michel Therrien were named Joe Blow, there'd still be no reason to fire him. His team has reliably performed up to its potential. That's the bottom line.

these days in montreal it seems to be .............carbs and julien had winning records when they were canned.

ask the pens coach about perfomance vs keeping your job.

i just think that therrien is not the man to get it done. but hey thats just me. i could be wrong, but it aint been proven yet. we'll see

If mt was named joe blow he would never have been hired.

If Michel Therrien were named Joe Blow, there'd still be no reason to fire him. His team has reliably performed up to its potential. That's the bottom line.

Yeah, but the Pens hired the 3rd or 4th worst GM in hockey (after mactavish and snow, and possiblly a tie with Dale Tallon), as part of their house cleaning, so I wouldn't use them as an example. They also were the only other team to hire MT.

these days in montreal it seems to be .............carbs and julien had winning records when they were canned.

ask the pens coach about perfomance vs keeping your job.

i just think that therrien is not the man to get it done. but hey thats just me. i could be wrong, but it aint been proven yet. we'll see

leafs had same choice over ontario players........did they win 6 cups in the 70's?

Not so, they also went to other teams like NY-Boston-Chicago, whereas Habs get a walk-on like Guy Lapointe or if French player wouldn't come to Habs, they bought the whole league he played in to get him, etc etc

They had first dibs on the cream of crop for Quebec kids forever didn't they? Which wasn't quite the same for ONT kids and Leafs, was it?

Montreal could only get a pick of Quebec born players who never signed a contract with a team. The best player they picked up through the rule was Rejean Houle, and that was in the rules second life.

For those who don't know their Habs history, this is what helped make the Habs dominant:

- Trading for Toe Blake

- Nobody taking Maurice Richard when he was an often injured youngster on the trade block

- Signing Elmer Lach after the Rangers didn't want him.

- Buying a league to get Jean Beliveau when he was the third highest paid hockey player behind Richard and Howe.

- Hiring Selke Sr. after the Leafs fired him, who mentored Sam Pollock and created the first farm club.

- Valuing the draft before other clubs.

Did French Canadian players have a tendency to sign with the Habs over other teams? Sure, but that's no different to Toronto getting Ontario born players. A lot of the other teams were owned by the Norris family, which was a different problem.

If mt was named joe blow he would never have been hired.

Totally agree. I was highly vocal in condemning the hiring, as I have been in attacking the whole idea that the Habs' coaching position is an affirmative action program for francophones. But that's different from the question of whether his actual job performance has been sufficiently poor to warrant his firing. Sadly for the haters, there is a grand total of ZERO evidence suggesting that it has.

But some haters, actually don't curse him every game anymore and if you measure success as Wins-Losses and making playoffs, not much of an argument how he has done.

I know some will say that a chimpanzee could steer this team into playoffs and a competent coach would have won a cup with the last 2 years rosters. :ph34r:

lol. The list of "nobody out there" to relace Therrien is where they found therrien. He was on top of that lousy list. the end

Let's face it Pierre Mcquire was a runner up as GM. That about says everything as to who they had on their lists of available BI-LINGUAL candidats. If they ever hire that moron I may stop cheering for the Habs

He does as well as most coaches would. Besides the flash in the pan Jack Adams winners who are usually one and done, there are only 3-5 premier coaches in the NHL like Barry Trotz, Mike Babcock and Joel Quennville who can win with just about any roster.

He's not great, he's not bad, he's an above average coach.

I'm no expert on coaching, but I'm pretty darnded happy with my last year of habnosity.

We are all so ruthless! Like this guy I know when his girlfriend left.

ya,.,."Ruth"

I know... sorry...

I'm no expert on coaching, but I'm pretty darnded happy with my last year of habnosity.

We are all so ruthless! Like this guy I know when his girlfriend left.

ya,.,."Ruth"

I know... sorry...

Arrrrrggghhhh....the Pope should excommunicate you for that one

lets see what he does over this full season.

when you have the best goalie in the world, a young norris trophy dman, a star vetren dman, a forty goal scorer, thats a darn good start.

in the east that team gets in the play offs with my grandmother coaching.

lets see what mt does this season and this play offs ..........to date he has one decent play off year, one where they were blown out of the water in the first round.

two years ago and last year play offs count for nothing........dont think so? see rene bourque.

Therrien would be 2-2

0-1 to MacLean

2-1 to Cooper, Julien and Vigneault

We get bounced in the first round? Therrien's in the hot seat. We get bounced in the second round? It's a wash. We get to the Eastern Conference finals again? Therrien is up. We get to the Cup finals, even if we lose? Therrien looks good.