When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

He does as well as most coaches would. Besides the flash in the pan Jack Adams winners who are usually one and done, there are only 3-5 premier coaches in the NHL like Barry Trotz, Mike Babcock and Joel Quennville who can win with just about any roster.

He's not great, he's not bad, he's an above average coach.

you think pat burns was flash in the pan? or have i misunderstood you?

Therrien would be 2-2

0-1 to MacLean

2-1 to Cooper, Julien and Vigneault

We get bounced in the first round? Therrien's in the hot seat. We get bounced in the second round? It's a wash. We get to the Eastern Conference finals again? Therrien is up. We get to the Cup finals, even if we lose? Therrien looks good.

sounds about right

Arrrrrggghhhh....the Pope should excommunicate you for that one

I know...just got off the phone with Francis!

Apparently he's pretty funny .. and I'm not!

quote from Eric Engels:

Can't help but wonder if Bergevin put Bourque on waivers to take him out of Therrien's mix. Bergevin and Rick Dudley don't decide who plays and who sits, but there have been some rumblings that neither of them were happy about Sekac being scratched for seven straight games, especially when it was in favor of Bourque.

Is there some disagreement between MB and MT?

quote from Eric Engels:

Can't help but wonder if Bergevin put Bourque on waivers to take him out of Therrien's mix. Bergevin and Rick Dudley don't decide who plays and who sits, but there have been some rumblings that neither of them were happy about Sekac being scratched for seven straight games, especially when it was in favor of Bourque.

i am sure sometimes they feel the need to interject. heard that last year therrien had to be told to get vanek off the gionta pleks line and put him with max and dd. they will give therrien the final say, as long as they dont strongly disagree.........but no i do not think there are many 'disagreement' issues between the two.

but on this one nobody could figure out why sekac was not playing for seven games..................other than he is new?

i am sure sometimes they feel the need to interject. heard that last year therrien had to be told to get vanek off the gionta pleks line and put him with max and dd. they will give therrien the final say, as long as they dont strongly disagree.........but no i do not think there are many 'disagreement' issues between the two.

but on this one nobody could figure out why sekac was not playing for seven games..................other than he is new?

I really do think it was credit earned from his playoff contributions. A couple of games wouldn't have seemed just. I think that's just part of the unspoken pact that exists between players and management.

No excuses for Bergeron's suits of course.... that's more serious.

quote from Eric Engels:

Maybe which flavour of hot wing is best!

or can MB look for a replacement for Lecroix (and not be a coach from Hamilton)?

Maybe which flavour of hot wing is best!

or can MB look for a replacement for Lecroix (and not be a coach from Hamilton)?

...AND fire the moron in Hamilton!

• Upvote 1

I know dlbalr has good examples of Lefebvre's ineptness and kooky moves, but I think he is doing all exactly as Hab Mgmt tells him to.

Did Bergevin sign Corey Locke or couple of other top offensive AHL vet, No. So maybe Lefebvre is told to make do and if lose, not priority #1 anyways?

Dogs PP went 1-11 on weekend and maintains a much worse % than Habs.

You would think having both teams simply suck on PP would be a bit of concern for Bergevin.

I know dlbalr has good examples of Lefebvre's ineptness and kooky moves, but I think he is doing all exactly as Hab Mgmt tells him to.

Did Bergevin sign Corey Locke or couple of other top offensive AHL vet, No. So maybe Lefebvre is told to make do and if lose, not priority #1 anyways?

Dogs PP went 1-11 on weekend and maintains a much worse % than Habs.

You would think having both teams simply suck on PP would be a bit of concern for Bergevin.

third straight season the dogs have sucked on the powerplay.

• Upvote 1

To some degree, perhaps. I don't think Bergevin told Lefebvre to give Nick Tarnasky and Zack Stortini top six minutes with powerplay time or to bench an actual prospect in Darren Dietz to play Joel Chouinard though. Winning clearly isn't their top priority, player development is. That said, if career AHL'ers are playing ahead of actual prospects (which happened a ton last year), that goes against the idea of player development.

In terms of Bourque getting ice over Sekac, why are people so dismissive of the possibility that the Habs were shopping him and therefore dressing him in the hope that he'd play well enough to persuade other teams to take a flyer on him? This theory eliminates any "issues" between coach and management altogether, and seems pretty plausible to me. When you're trying to trade a guy, you don't, traditionally, depress his value by benching him.

In terms of Bourque getting ice over Sekac, why are people so dismissive of the possibility that the Habs were shopping him and therefore dressing him in the hope that he'd play well enough to persuade other teams to take a flyer on him? This theory eliminates any "issues" between coach and management altogether, and seems pretty plausible to me. When you're trying to trade a guy, you don't, traditionally, depress his value by benching him.

Very good possibility. However we can't absolutely rule the disagreement angle all together, however it must be said that they may disagree on some stuff and it isn't a problem. After all MB is the boss, we have all disagreed with out bosses at some point and carried on. It was a posit by Eric and worthy of discussion.

sekac played well proving therrien wrong.......again. ( :clap:

next up....lose the two kids on d , put in gonchar and have mt bring back his buddy cube

you were doing so good there for a minute.

sekac played well proving therrien wrong.......again. ( :clap:

I don't see how Sekac is proving Therrien wrong. You can bet that Therrien is glad to be able to play Sekac and not be stuck trying to boost Dourque's trade value every night.

I don't see how Sekac is proving Therrien wrong. You can bet that Therrien is glad to be able to play Sekac and not be stuck trying to boost Dourque's trade value every night.

Anything to create the narrative that Therrien is this evil moron trying to ruin the Habs for his mysterious RDS agenda.

Don't worry, Therrien haters are a dying breed!

All will be singing his praises come May! :ph34r:

i see things differently. (This is not unique to Habs fans - this is sports fans in general.)

Let's assume great things, and say the Montréal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup in 2015. (Humor me.)

-People will still be complaining about Therien if they complained before - the team will have won despite him, not because of him.

-Likewise, whichever players they hate most will still be in their doghouse. If they don't like Plekanec, 70 points and a Stanley Cup won't be enough to change their mind. If they think Desharnais is too small, it won't matter if his line catches fire in the playoffs, he'll be a passenger. If they don't think the Habs are a contender, the cup run will be a fortunate fluke, the team still sucked.

Fan negativity is usually not solved by results.

you think pat burns was flash in the pan? or have i misunderstood you?

No, not all winners, but looking at the list, there are more than a few coaches who had a big year and didn't do much else.

Roy (still early, but the Avs stink)

MacLean

Tippett

Boudreau

Francis

Barber

Nolan

Anything to create the narrative that Therrien is this evil moron trying to ruin the Habs for his mysterious RDS agenda.

He does look pretty ominous in those pinstripe suits as of late. Plus, I'm sure you read about his behavior in Terry Ryan's book. Slicked back hair, expensive watch, gold bracelet, he looks like a Francophone gangster.

I can say with confidence that I'm probably one of the one percent of Habs fans who actually like Therrien.

He does look pretty ominous in those pinstripe suits as of late. Plus, I'm sure you read about his behavior in Terry Ryan's book. Slicked back hair, expensive watch, gold bracelet, he looks like a Francophone gangster.

I can say with confidence that I'm probably one of the one percent of Habs fans who actually like Therrien.

I think you and Don are in that phone booth I talked about. :)

Awww ya know what? MB has him totally under control. Over play some guy who don't deserve it, MB ships him out. Play him now Michel.

I think you and Don are in that phone booth I talked about. :)

Awww ya know what? MB has him totally under control. Over play some guy who don't deserve it, MB ships him out. Play him now Michel.

I don't know Therrien and cant say he would be my ultimate golf partner for a day, but the team has performed well under him.

I like many of moves by MB and roster changes by MT have done, they seem to be doing well in improving team each year, have stockpiled some interesting prospects and Montreal seems to be a more highly sought destination for UFAs.

Could be worse, like the Brian Burke 5 year truculence master plan (poor Flames).

Don't worry, Therrien haters are a dying breed!

All will be singing his praises come May! :ph34r:

I pray your correct.

Probably if he still has a job. :)

Hahaha you believe he can be fired this year?

What do you think it would take?

i see things differently. (This is not unique to Habs fans - this is sports fans in general.)

Let's assume great things, and say the Montréal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup in 2015. (Humor me.)

-People will still be complaining about Therien if they complained before - the team will have won despite him, not because of him.

-Likewise, whichever players they hate most will still be in their doghouse. If they don't like Plekanec, 70 points and a Stanley Cup won't be enough to change their mind. If they think Desharnais is too small, it won't matter if his line catches fire in the playoffs, he'll be a passenger. If they don't think the Habs are a contender, the cup run will be a fortunate fluke, the team still sucked.

Fan negativity is usually not solved by results.

I agree to an extent.

I however would be over the moon if the Habs won the Cup with whomever was coaching even if I disagreed with every decision he made.

With the parity in the league and 29 teams to beat every year I would give any coach that won a cup a 5-7 year cushion where I wouldn't fire him regardless of how the team preformed.