Nov. 15/16, Bulldogs vs Monsters home-and-home

dlbalr

Bulldog475.jpg

It's the first half of a home-and-home with Lake Erie (7-6-0) tonight as the Bulldogs (5-6-3) look to snap a 5-game losing streak as they host the Monsters. Christian Thomas will make his Hamilton debut after being activated off SOIR earlier today.

Projected Lake Erie Lines:
(based on +/- data from last game)

Carey - Olver - Agozzino

van der Gulik - Malone - Hishon

Lerg - Smith - Wyman

Desbiens - Heard - Desjardins

Siemens - Elliott

Barrie - Stollery

Tam - Beaupre

Aittokallio

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Tarnasky - St. Pierre - Thomas

Andrighetto - Macenauer - Leblanc

Courtnall - Dumont - Blunden

Quailer - Nattinen - Fournier

Tinordi - Pateryn

Beaulieu - Ellis

McIver - Nygren

Mayer

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM for Game 1, AM900 will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

I think I would only blame Robert for one of the four. The fourth one pinballed off about three bodies and up over Robert's shoulder and in. I'm still seeing too much Beaulieu too. I think (IMO) we actually dominated a great part of the game but the garbage goals took the wind out of the team's sails :Bulldogs:

ps-Tarnasky looks like he's labouring getting back up ice. Not the fastest guy to begin with but has slowed down a lot recently. Not sure if he's nursing an injury. Power play pretty pathetic again especially when we had almost a full two man advantage for over a minute an a half. Referee Knorr missed calls both ways and called some bizarre ones too. Sly seemed to let some of the D like Pateryn and Tinordi pinch way too late after the game was pretty well decided. Tinordi had a long discussion with Knorr at the start of the third re a penalty call on him for "holding" in the offensive zone when it appeared the reverese.

Ex Bulldog ass't coach Randy Ladouceur is an assistant with Cleveland. Ex Dog JT Wyman did a fair bit of damage tonight.

I guess I am getting ticked off because of the team record but little things like sponsored power plays, sponsored penalty kils, sponsored box office (!), late goal and penalty announcements are becoming truly annoying

Some ugly +/- numbers from this one:

St. Pierre/Nygren: -4

McIver/Tarnasky/Thomas: -3

Nattinen had a pair of points, nice to see him do well. I still think he has zero chance of moving out of that 4th line spot though, he seems locked in there no matter what.

Game 2 goes tomorrow in Lake Erie.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1011309

I just edited my original post with some game thoughts.....................

new referee tonight (in training)-Leduc

It went to a shootout but the strangest thing happened...the Bulldogs scored 1 goal in the shootout. Even stranger, they didn't allow any. Interestingly enough, Dumont got the goal and he's in the same situation Desharnais is, looking for goal #1 on the year. Hamilton wins in a shootout, this is not a typo. :1banana:

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1011324

• Upvote 1