Nov. 29th, Habs vs Capitals, 5 PM

dlbalr

We are done. Too bad, but that is what you get when you sit on a lead. Worse, lost ground in the east, especially if the leafs beat Buffalo.

Worse shootout performance by Budaj in a long time.

I wish our guys would snipe more often, instead of getting in too tight.

That's too bad. A tough loss but at least we get to try and avenge it tmrw vs. the leafs. Surprised we scored so many in the shootout. usually if you get two you win but Washington was too good at the individual game

They're playing Buffalo. Even the way they're playing, they s

hould be able to get that one.

Tranna loses in OT! Perhaps a fenwick predicated collapse is in order! Buffalo is said to have the worst posession in the league, and when I flipped through they were swarming Toronto's zone. Might as well play Parros, maybe he can start a mean cycle game.

I play both Bourque and Parros. Too much of a perimeter game againt the Capitals. No one driving the net, no one forcing penalties, no one hitting. Typical soft JM special get a lead and hope it holds up.

Instead of sitting back they need to continue to pressure the puck.

Oh, well can't complain too much, points in 5 straight, I believe.

Good test tomorrow, Leafs play well against the habs.

For tonight, there are at least half a dozen guys I'd pick before Pleks for the shootout. Why does he still shoot, he's awful.

Max, Gallagher, Subban, Markov, Briere, Gionta, Bournival... .thats 7.

As for the leaf game.

Oh and I'd still sit Parros. Maybe draw in Bourque and Murray, maybe not.... but definitely not Parros.

You give Carlyle the advantage when you stoop to that level.

Guest Stogey24

For tonight, there are at least half a dozen guys I'd pick before Pleks for the shootout. Why does he still shoot, he's awful.

Max, Gallagher, Subban, Markov, Briere, Gionta, Bournival... .thats 7.

As for the leaf game.

Oh and I'd still sit Parros. Maybe draw in Bourque and Murray, maybe not.... but definitely not Parros.

You give Carlyle the advantage when you stoop to that level.

So we signed Parros to eat popcorn in the press box? I'm sure Bournival is out and Parros in.

So we signed Parros to eat popcorn in the press box? I'm sure Bournival is out and Parros in.

Bournival deserves better than that, it guys like Boullion and Ryan White that sit out, whether that is for Bourque and Murray or Parros and Murray, I still don't think Bournival, who has more goals than the entire 4th line combined gets to eat popcorn just because he is the rookie on the team.

Indeed...Bournival should, if anything, be given a bigger role, not a smaller one.

Bournival is basically getting same icetime that Galchenyuk did last year, what is the issue?

Bournival is basically getting same icetime that Galchenyuk did last year, what is the issue?

There wasn't a stretch last year where Galchenyuk played six straight games on the fourth line, getting less than ten minutes in each as Bournival is in the midst of. The ATOI is close because Bournival spent some time on the Plekanec unit which plays 15-18 minutes per game.

There wasn't a stretch last year where Galchenyuk played six straight games on the fourth line, getting less than ten minutes in each as Bournival is in the midst of. The ATOI is close because Bournival spent some time on the Plekanec unit which plays 15-18 minutes per game.

And the team would win more with him in top 6? Or his development is being stunted, could be?

I am all for him to play 12-13m/game, but at the moment team is doing quite well and once Emelin shakes off the rust and gets up to speed, should do even better.

So I really have few complaints and don't see Bournival's present icetime as a big issue at all.

And the team would win more with him in top 6? Or his development is being stunted, could be?

I am all for him to play 12-13m/game, but at the moment team is doing quite well and once Emelin shakes off the rust and gets up to speed, should do even better.

So I really have few complaints and don't see Bournival's present icetime as a big issue at all.

His ice time isn't the worst thing in the world, especially with the team playing well, but he's not a 7-9 minute type of player. Certainly he's a better fit than Prust in the top-9, the same goes for Moen (who sometimes just closes off periods/games with Plekanec but other times plays regularly). I'm not saying he should play major minutes but when he gets things going when he's out there, give him an extra shift off the fourth once in a while with some players who have a bit of a clue what they're doing offensively. That would get him into the 10-11 minute mark and with everyone healthy up front, that's a reasonable amount of TOI.

His ice time isn't the worst thing in the world, especially with the team playing well, but he's not a 7-9 minute type of player. Certainly he's a better fit than Prust in the top-9, the same goes for Moen (who sometimes just closes off periods/games with Plekanec but other times plays regularly). I'm not saying he should play major minutes but when he gets things going when he's out there, give him an extra shift off the fourth once in a while with some players who have a bit of a clue what they're doing offensively. That would get him into the 10-11 minute mark and with everyone healthy up front, that's a reasonable amount of TOI.

Who is more reserved Emelin or Bournival? In those 24ch shows, both seem like very quiet dudes win or lose; or total opposite of Gorges/White/Subban

Chucky is pretty loud too.

But in those shows you do see AG "fooling around" with Prust, Gally etc

But Bournival seems very quiet and serious, which is neither better nor worse, just he always seems very stoic in the background...that's is all, not important just a trivial observation.

But in those shows you do see AG "fooling around" with Prust, Gally etc

But Bournival seems very quiet and serious, which is neither better nor worse, just he always seems very stoic in the background...that's is all, not important just a trivial observation.

Well, he is the rookie on the team, so a quieter profile is to be expected. I would think that Emelin is quiet because his english isn't great.