Briere - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust
Moen - White* - Parros
Markov - Subban
Gorges - Emelin
Murray - Diaz
Price
* may not play
Sorry for the lo-fi version, but I'm at work and the computers are older than I am.

I wish the game was in Toronto.....

Hopefully not a series of almost comical breaks going the Laff's way,(as per in Mtl) and the Habs kick their ass like they should.....

Bournival needs to play on the Eller line, Prust on the 4th....

Hopefully not a series of almost comical breaks going the Laff's way,(as per in Mtl) and the Habs kick their ass like they should.....

100% agree. Galchenyuk looks lost without another skilled guy and it's ridiculous that Bournival us getting Parros type minutes.

100% agree. Galchenyuk looks lost without another skilled guy and it's ridiculous that Bournival us getting Parros type minutes.

In those couple shifts he and White managed to be -2.

Guest Stogey24

Bournival was a minus 2 last night with those minutes... Sorry Don didn't see your post.

It was a 4th line vs 2nd line matchup. One of the goals was entirely on Budaj. Plus minus don't tell the whole story.

In those couple shifts he and White managed to be -2.

Even if Bournival had a bad game last night, why does that negate the fact that he has been a revelation all season long? I get that rookies are on a short leash, but a one-game leash for a guy who has been a strong contributor for 30% of a season seems pretty strange to me.

I hate these Saturday matchups vs. Toronto. We seem to lose more than we win, often in weird ways (c.f. parros's bizarre face-plant in Game 1) and you have to listen to endless B.S. about the "great Montreal-Toronto rivalry" and all the cheerleading from the hopefully-soon-to-be-euthanized HNIC boobs. Blech. :angry:

I agree with that too. It would benefit the whole line in terms of putting up points. Prust is a great players, brings a ton of energy and grit, he even has a little skill, but bournival brings a different element that Galchenyuk and Eller need, which is more finish. He's speedy as f#^% also. He's kind of doing what Gallagher did last year but with less of an opportunity

I think Bournival was good last night even if his statline was bad. One goal was Budaj's gaffe, and the other he made some strong plays in the corner before Briere lost the puck, and then Emelin was lost in the defensive zone. On the other hand, Bourny made some strong plays on offense and looked dangerous in limited minutes. I'd like to see him back up with Pleks or given a shot with Eller.

This is the type of game that Parros should play if he plays at all, but it's shooting ourselves in the foot if we put him in in the spot of real contributors. So what, he'll fight Colton Orr, and the rest of the time he's on the ice we'll be at risk.

Even if Bournival had a bad game last night, why does that negate the fact that he has been a revelation all season long? I get that rookies are on a short leash, but a one-game leash for a guy who has been a strong contributor for 30% of a season seems pretty strange to me.

I hate these Saturday matchups vs. Toronto. We seem to lose more than we win, often in weird ways (c.f. parros's bizarre face-plant in Game 1) and you have to listen to endless B.S. about the "great Montreal-Toronto rivalry" and all the cheerleading from the hopefully-soon-to-be-euthanized HNIC boobs. Blech. :angry:

The HNIC boys are a drag from MTL point of view but be grateful for the level of coverage they provide. In the states we have the joke shop of Pierre, Milbury, Jeremy Roenick and Doc Emerick.

Easy solution to the lineup issue. Tonight White sits, Prust plays 4th line center, and Parros draws in on the wing. Moen and Prust insulate Parros, White doesn't get beat up, and Parros earns his ridiculous salary. Murray slots in for Bouillon, because of the Leafs poor possession game, and because Bouillon is irrelevant.

Bournival is getting almost same icetime Galchenyuk got last year and what Gallagher got for most of last year.

And someone mentioned Bournival was a -2 because he had to play against their 2nd line and I am not sure what was the point?

And why would you watch CBC crap if you don't like it? I simply don't watch any early games or pregame on CBC (butternuts Don Cherry stays awake and shows up on a Western 2nd game telecast once in a while, which is very annoying, but infrequent thank Harper)

I think Bournival was good last night even if his statline was bad. One goal was Budaj's gaffe, and the other he made some strong plays in the corner before Briere lost the puck, and then Emelin was lost in the defensive zone. On the other hand, Bourny made some strong plays on offense and looked dangerous in limited minutes. I'd like to see him back up with Pleks or given a shot with Eller.

Same here. I strongly considered giving him the honourable mention. He made a big impact on the game (positively) despite seeing very little ice time, that's a pretty good accomplishment. Given that Bournival seems to be a spark for whatever line he's on and the fact he can play all three positions (although the RW is his weakest), I wouldn't mind seeing him with Galchenyuk and Eller either. Gallagher was a spark on that line, perhaps Bournival could be one for them as well.

Against the leafs I'd definitely have Murray in over Boullion. Not necessarily for him to drop the gloves but just someone who can be strong and physical in front of the net and make sure we don't get pushed around in the scrums.

They are sitting Bournival, which is stupid.

Take away speed, bring in Parros.

Dumb, so very dumb.

I wouldn't play Parros at all, but if you insist on it, at least sit white and not Bournival.

I agree about Bournival, but this is one of the few games Parros has any value, so imo either play him or trade/waive him. I bet in the last ten games between Tor/MTL they combined for more fights than the 2011-2012 Detroit Red Wings. No Parros is a guaranteed beating for Prust/Moen/White.

I'm all for fighting fire with fire, since I'm not in the game and all. People, especially local hippies Mike Boone and Dave Stubbs, forget that until the Parros injury, we flat out kicked their ass on the scoreboard and in the fights before the freak accident with Parros. We were reborn!

Parros in for Bournival eh, not exactly an upgrade and seems more of an bush-league embarrassment than anything else.

Hopefully Orr and Paros knock each other out and are gone from game on first shift.

I disagree. When we get sucked into their goon game, we usually lose.

I agree about Bournival, but this is one of the few games Parros has any value, so imo either play him or trade/waive him. I bet in the last ten games between Tor/MTL they combined for more fights than the 2011-2012 Detroit Red Wings. No Parros is a guaranteed beating for Prust/Moen/White.

I'm all for fighting fire with fire, since I'm not in the game and all. People, especially local hippies Mike Boone and Dave Stubbs, forget that until the Parros injury, we flat out kicked their ass on the scoreboard and in the fights before the freak accident with Parros. We were reborn!