Flo Rida vs. Montreal | December 15th, 2013 | 1800 EST

Trizzak

canadiens_20logo.jpg VS Flo+Rida.jpg

Habs won last game 1 - 0 in OT, but is the slump truly busted? I don't have a Good Feeling.

Projected Habs lines:

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gionta

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Briere

Bournival-Eller-Gallagher

Moen-Prust-White

Markov-Subban

Gorges-Emelin

Bouillon-Diaz

Price

Lazily projected Flo Rida lines:

Huberdeau-Bjustad-Upshall

Hayes-Barkov-Bergenheim

Kopecky-Goc (raise his ceilings)-Fleshman

Boyes-Mathias-Winchester

Cambell-Gilbert

Gudbrandson-Olsen

Kulikov-Weaver

Markstrom

Hopefully many Habs score and throw their hands In The Ayer in celebration.

Going to the game tonight as long as the guy on CL is legit when I meet him. If it all goes to plan ill be in section 304.

Hopefully the team picks up the 2 points in more convincing fashion then they did last night.

This is a sad end to his career. Ryan Whitney and Matt Gilroy are also reaching the end of their careers in the South Florida graveyard. But hey, it's great weather down here!

I just don't understand what happened to Gomez. He was such a dashing player in his prime, a premiere playmaker and a real artist at rushing the puck - one of my favourites. I guess he hit the big payday and lost his edge? Or, lost his edge and then his confidence? It's always puzzling when quality players just suddenly evaporate. Strictly from an "entertainment" standpoint, the game is poorer for Scott Gomez's disintegration as a legitimate NHL player. A shame.

I just don't understand what happened to Gomez. He was such a dashing player in his prime, a premiere playmaker and a real artist at rushing the puck - one of my favourites. I guess he hit the big payday and lost his edge? Or, lost his edge and then his confidence? It's always puzzling when quality players just suddenly evaporate. Strictly from an "entertainment" standpoint, the game is poorer for Scott Gomez's disintegration as a legitimate NHL player. A shame.

He actually had a strong season in San Jose as a bottom six center. I thought he was going to rebound in Florida. The silver lining in it all is that Gomez can return to Alaska where he puts tons of time and money into supporting the hockey programs there. He's one of the most charitable players in the league.

My guess is steroids. It's either that or he forgot to play hockey. But most likely, the pressure of playing in two huge hockey markets, and the league trending towards size and strength were too much for him.

Steroids? i dont think so. I think he simply lost a step and can't compete at the level he once did. It really is too bad cause he was a hell of a hockey player at one time. From all reports he was a great team mate and locker room guy who really tried to get it back together but just couldn't anymore.

1 goal in the last 13 periods of regulation hockey. Not good.

They need a shake up with the lines and the forwards need to do something on the PP, the points are covered now, it's a 3 on 2 down low every time.

They need a shake up with the lines and the forwards need to do something on the PP, the points are covered now, it's a 3 on 2 down low every time.

Their PP in the 1st looked better. The forwards recognized the defence overplaying the points and actually generated a couple of scoring chances down low. That's a step in the right direction.

For cripes sake, get that clown Briere off the team! He ruins every line he's on. Can anyone think of a worse (big) offensive signing, dating back to Sergei Samsonov? Man he sucks!

Czerkawski (acquired via trade for very little, that's like a free agent signing) springs to mind but he came before Samsonov (but had a very similar impact).