Montreal vs. St. Louis | December 19th, 2013 | 8:00 EST

Habsfan84

If Therrien strategizes this game like he did against the Kings I hardly give the Habs a chance.

I've already saw the plan to play four scoring lines which... does not bode well I don't believe.

I also wonder if they'll finally recognize that Subban is being covered on PPs and have him move up instead. Use his exceptional pass instead of his point bomb.

I also wonder if they'll finally recognize that Subban is being covered on PPs and have him move up instead. Use his exceptional pass instead of his point bomb.

Would be interesting if they used a 1-3-1 on the powerplay. I think Subban had some experience with that in Junior - even playing from the slot.

Good.

I think it has to be a positive thing for the team's morale to see a guy like Briewhere scratched in favor of White, who makes the most of his limited potential and plays exactly like the coaches want him too. (This year). Who knows, maybe a trade in happening for him, we can dream.

Guest Stogey24

Update: Briere is benched/White draws in.

I had a feeling he might get scratched tonight.

I think it has to be a positive thing for the team's morale to see a guy like Briewhere scratched in favor of White, who makes the most of his limited potential and plays exactly like the coaches want him too. (This year). Who knows, maybe a trade in happening for him, we can dream.

Amen

This would never had happened when Martin was coach

I bet if Martin was the coach Gallagher would be an AHL callup, and Galchenyuk would be a scratch or a fourth liner. Competition breeds success. On this new edition of the Habs, if you can't hang there are 12 other second liners who can hang!

I like Briere centering Ray Ferraro and Pierre Maguire in the penalty box area of the stands/TV coverage stuff..... he can't hang with the smallest St Louis player.....

Yay Ryan White is in!

I wonder what a line of Briere centering Eller and Bourque would look like? It would be nice to get him going. He has sort of been used as a spare part lately. Not exactly set up for success.

I'd like to see him tried as a centre, period. We all knew from last year that he struggles on the wing yet the overwhelming majority of his shifts have been on the right side. If Desharnais goes back to struggling in the next little bit, flip them and put Desharnais on the wing. Neither are ideal on the wing but if Briere can get going at centre, you at least then have two players on that line (with Pacioretty) that are producing.

I like Briere centering Ray Ferraro and Pierre Maguire in the penalty box area of the stands/TV coverage stuff..... he can't hang with the smallest St Louis player.....

Yay Ryan White is in!

I'd like to see Ferraro replaced with PJ Stock or Jack Edwards in that equation. Irritating company.