2014 World Junior Championships Thread

dlbalr

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the game last night. (Switzerland-Sweden)

Filip Forsberg played really well. My early candidate for the MVP.

Switzerland has come a long way. Maybe it's time to rename the "Big 7" to "Big 8".

Not impressed with Collberg.

another 2 goals for Reway

I didn't catch all of the game but from what I saw he was one of the standouts...good and bad. When the puck was on his stick, he does well. When it wasn't, I didn't like what I saw. He calls for the puck too often while it was frustrating seeing him coast through the neutral zone or park himself at the opposition blueline to wait for someone to gain the zone. That has been the book on him this year and it was evident in this one. On the happy side, he's a wizard with the puck on his stick and has the patience/confidence to make the difficult play look easy. Both of his goals were right in front of the net too, it's always good to see prospects driving the crease.

Reway was also named Player of the Game (not a big shocker since he scored 2/3 goals). He gets to enjoy that Malmo book (which is still a lot better than flowers...).

Hudon was great when they finally played him in the third period with Drouin and Mantha. Don't know why Sutter didnt try that two weeks ago given the success in the superseries.

Also Paterson sucked and Fucale has to play next game

Hudon was great when they finally played him in the third period with Drouin and Mantha. Don't know why Sutter didnt try that two weeks ago given the success in the superseries.

Also Paterson sucked and Fucale has to play next game

Hudon did play well. I wonder if he'll stay on that line or if he'll be dropped back to the 13th F again as I'm sure McDavid will get back on his line.

As for the goalie situation, Sutter hinted that Fucale will get the nod against the Slovaks although he wouldn't make it official.

https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status/417020655658209280

I didn't catch all of the game but from what I saw he was one of the standouts...good and bad. When the puck was on his stick, he does well. When it wasn't, I didn't like what I saw. He calls for the puck too often while it was frustrating seeing him coast through the neutral zone or park himself at the opposition blueline to wait for someone to gain the zone. That has been the book on him this year and it was evident in this one. On the happy side, he's a wizard with the puck on his stick and has the patience/confidence to make the difficult play look easy. Both of his goals were right in front of the net too, it's always good to see prospects driving the crease.

Reway was also named Player of the Game (not a big shocker since he scored 2/3 goals). He gets to enjoy that Malmo book (which is still a lot better than flowers...).

I don't think Reway will be a big PK player in near future and Collberg is quite similar away from puck isn't he?

De la Rose with another assist today (yes i know it was against Norway).

I love all the skills DLR has and my criticism of him has always been that given those skills he should score more points than he actually does. At this tournament he's produced at least 1 point in each of the first three games (plus some good performances in exhibition too). I wonder if he's finally turning that corner. If he does, he could be a heck of a pick.

Good news for the Canadiens' Canadian prospects - Fucale will start tomorrow and it appears Hudon now has a regular spot with Drouin and Mantha. Leier/McDavid now seems to be the forward rotation.

Finally ! Looking forward to see Fucale

Will Hudon get more than 3 shifts in 1st two periods?

He should since it appears he's going to get a regular shift.

It has been the day of the upset at the WJC's today. Finland - minus Lehkonen and Ristolainen - beats Russia 4-1 while Germany, less Draisaitl (suspension) shuts out the Czechs 3-0. If Slovakia beats the Czechs tomorrow, the latter goes into relegation while Germany would make the quarters.

Reway looked a lot better in this game than he did the prior one. He was at least semi-interested in back checking while his offensive zone prowess was top notch. Hudon was the quietest of his linemates but still played well. Fucale was okay but nothing more. It's hard to fault him on the goals but he looked shaky all game in terms of rebound control.

Reway looked a lot better in this game than he did the prior one. He was at least semi-interested in back checking while his offensive zone prowess was top notch. Hudon was the quietest of his linemates but still played well. Fucale was okay but nothing more. It's hard to fault him on the goals but he looked shaky all game in terms of rebound control.

With that performance, Reway is tied for the scoring lead

With that performance, Reway is tied for the scoring lead

He looked good at Hab camp and pre-season, haven't seen todays game yet, but 3 points against Canada is quite good showing. The kid seems to have lots of confidence, good vision and imagination with puck for sure.