All I Want For Christmas Is...

Trizzak

All I want for Christmas is for Habs fans to be thankful for what we have. Including David Desharnais, who happens to be inspiring. Habs fans are absolutely, unquestionably terrible fans. No way around it.

Can you name a fan base that isn't? :P

Everyone clammers for trades, signings, draft picks, whatever it is. No fan is ever 100% content until they win a cup, and then only until for a month max.

I want to see cup 25, smurfs or no smurfs, lets just score more than the team we are facing nearly every night......

I want to see a right winger that can skate, score and be a force physically, I know, I don't want much do I?

I'd like our Hamilton D-men to move up to the NHL, play Pateryn, Beaulieu and Tinordi.

Send Murray, Diaz, and Gionta to another team for a fast skating big winger (I know Santa, sounds like something hard to do)

Have media that isn't headline driven but news driven. (when the Habs win, they're the best and when they lose, they're the worst- I dislike this yoyo mentality)

Hire the best managerial candidates regardless of language.

Size in the top nine.

Continuation of good health.

Well said. Throw in a big D-man who's smart and that wish list would be complete.

• Upvote 1

I wish for the usual things, more size, goal scoring sniper, a Stanley Cup. But i also wish that as fans we weren't so hard on ourselves. One thing you can never claim is that habs fans have no passion. Sometimes there is an ugly side to that, but as I've said before, passion has to outweigh empty stadiums and disinterested media.

I've enjoyed this site immensely once again this year and hope you all have a safe and happy Christmas.

• Upvote 1

Vermette Hanzal Boedker Klesla Rundblad

Desharnais Plekanec Bourque Holland Diaz Ellis

OR

Fleishmann Matthias Kulikov Racine

Desharnais Briere Nattinen Diaz Nygren

OR

Couturier Downie Meszaros Morin

Desharnais Briere Quailer Diaz Pateryn Tokarski

Guest Stogey24

All I want for Christmas is for Habs fans to be thankful for what we have. Including David Desharnais, who happens to be inspiring. Habs fans are absolutely, unquestionably terrible fans. No way around it.

Hash Tag Clown.

Vermette Hanzal Boedker Klesla Rundblad

Desharnais Plekanec Bourque Holland Diaz Ellis

OR

Fleishmann Matthias Kulikov Racine

Desharnais Briere Nattinen Diaz Nygren

OR

Couturier Downie Meszaros Morin

Desharnais Briere Quailer Diaz Pateryn Tokarski

We win every one of those trades hands down, see the problem there? not even Santa can pull one of those out for you

We win every one of those trades hands down, see the problem there? not even Santa can pull one of those out for you

Geee.. thanks reality police. I don't know where I'd be without your sound logic and stout rationale.

Maybe you should actually READ the title of the thread you're deciding to Pierre McGuire. There are plenty of options for ridged inside the box thinkers whom lack imagination and the stones to share because of probability.. on this site and elsewhere.

But, ugh, ya, thanks again, Captain Obvious! *Queue 80's celebratory music..

There is only one thing any of us want for the Habs, and that is Stanley Cup #25. Everything else is a means to that end.

That said, I agree with Psycing. A last go-round by Saks would be neat. Won't happen, of course. Also...I'm not so sure the fans would embrace him with the deep feeling that he deserves. There was always some ambivalence in the fan-base regarding Koivu IMHO; I'm not sure why, but you can argue that Kovalev was more warmly embraced by the fanbase as a whole than Koivu was.

There is only one thing any of us want for the Habs, and that is Stanley Cup #25. Everything else is a means to that end.

That said, I agree with Psycing. A last go-round by Saks would be neat. Won't happen, of course. Also...I'm not so sure the fans would embrace him with the deep feeling that he deserves. There was always some ambivalence in the fan-base regarding Koivu IMHO; I'm not sure why, but you can argue that Kovalev was more warmly embraced by the fanbase as a whole than Koivu was.

Koivu was missed expectations. He was always accused of being a second line center expected to be a first line center, despite almost always being a Top 30 center in scoring when he played a full season. He wasn't the Koivu we thought he'd become when he led the league in scoring before getting hurt but the expectations on him were too much. He was a very good player, but we wanted more at a time when beggers shouldn't have been choosers.

Kovalev felt like a first line winger. His 84 point season was the kind of thing Koivu never commanded. Kovalev was the superstar Koivu was too humble to be. Canadiens fans loved that bravado, especially after years of mediocrity.

I loved both when they were Habs but when Gainey let them both go, I was happy. The fanbase stuck too long to players who weren't getting us where we needed to be. Gainey should have cleared house in 06-07 but instead only traded Rivet. Koivu should have never received an extension and instead should have been dealt, same to Souray. People look to 08-09 as the year we should have got something for our UFAs but that was a year we were going all in. 06-07? Hardly.

Anyway, it's all old news. The city showed nothing but love and appreciation for Koivu last time he was in town. They'd appreciate him coming back at the deadline. It likely won't happen though. It ain't like the Ducks are a basement team.

Guest Stogey24

Geee.. thanks reality police. I don't know where I'd be without your sound logic and stout rationale.

Maybe you should actually READ the title of the thread you're deciding to Pierre McGuire. There are plenty of options for ridged inside the box thinkers whom lack imagination and the stones to share because of probability.. on this site and elsewhere.

But, ugh, ya, thanks again, Captain Obvious! *Queue 80's celebratory music..

Easy there stallion.

No its my bad for expecting objectivity in a thread involving trade talk lol

Hey, lets just erase all threads and have more standardized forums. Like 2. And, we'll take all the color off the site. Just grey scale.

We'll call the 2 threads. For serious thoughts. And improbable thoughts. You can moderate. You'd do great!

Hey, lets just erase all threads and have more standardized forums. Like 2. And, we'll take all the color off the site. Just grey scale.

We'll call the 2 threads. For serious thoughts. And improbable thoughts. You can moderate. You'd do great!

We used to have an all-grey skin for the boards, it's no longer compatible with the version of the boards we now have. I miss that, that was the one I always used.

Oh, and we can do without the sarcastic jabs, thank you.