Habs new RDS Deal

hab29RETIRED

Is the new RDS deal the habs signed for next year just for regional coverage??? Will habs fans outside of Quebec be blacked out?

That

Probably, can't see a cable giant letting us watch all 82 games for 5 bucks a month anymore....

that sucks.

Is the new RDS deal the habs signed for next year just for regional coverage??? Will habs fans outside of Quebec be blacked out?

Yes, we'll be blacked out unless you're in the 'broadcast region' (the same one that TSN has for their regional games). There's a discussion about it in the NHL season thread that has some more details if you're interested.

because if you live in BC like we do, you have no other choice. But I have never done that uh uh nope not me.

Ha ha, I may have to PM you at some point for advice about not using illegal feeds. You know, the best sources not to use, etc. ;)

32. 22 on Saturday, 10 between the other two days. Again, I'll note that all of this info and more can be found in the NHL Season thread.

Thanks

I am on a cable system here in N.S. and I pay for Sportsnet, 5 channels of it, and I get it right up until there is a hockey game on the west channels, then the black out hits, Sportsnet will black out everything they can, the goal is for the viewer to pay for each game in the end, whether you are watching it on your phone, your tablet, your PC or your satellite, the deal for RDS for $5 per month is a thing of the past sadly.....

Whatever happens, after being spoiled watching 82 Habs games a year, I'll be getting whatever subscription I need to watch 82 next year, cause it's a long winter here in N.S.

With Center Ice, can you get all games for all teams?

I would imagine that if games are being not aired due to local restrictions on regular TV, they will also be blacked out on Center Ice and Game Center. I got Center Ice one year for free by accident and bought Game Center to watch on the Roku I got, specifically for hockey since I didn't want to keep paying for Xbox Live. Comparing the two, Game Center Live is BY FAR the way to go. I have the lowest internet speed available in the area (2 MB) and I still get near HD quality streams. On Center Ice, they only have one or two games in HD a night, rarely (if ever) Montreal. You get DVR control over the stream, though you can't see the video when you fast forward or rewind. If you miss a game, they usually have it loaded (minus commercials and intermissions) within a couple hours. Even games that are blacked out are loaded 48 hours after the game, which is fantastic for me, since in the states it is not that hard to go two days without seeing the score.

Hard to believe with all the technology and entertainment content these days that they're making it harder for Canadians to watch the Canadiens.

Ha ha, I may have to PM you at some point for advice about not using illegal feeds. You know, the best sources not to use, etc. ;)

any time happy to share what I have heard about these things. For discussion points only.

any time happy to share what I have heard about these things. For discussion points only.

Absolutely ;)

Another question about this. How is it likely to ramify for the playoffs? OK, we get 32 regular-season games, but then what? Frankly, I can live with missing a big chunk of regular season games, but the playoffs, that's another story.

Absolutely ;)

Another question about this. How is it likely to ramify for the playoffs? OK, we get 32 regular-season games, but then what? Frankly, I can live with missing a big chunk of regular season games, but the playoffs, that's another story.

I think between Sportsnet/City/CBC, the playoff games will be covered nationally.

• 2 months later...

If it makes you feel any better, the Columbus' MLS team just signed a new TV deal (two days before the season) with a channel only carried by a single cable provider. Only 48% of the fan base uses that provider, so 52% of the fans (myself included) won't even be able to watch the games locally.

How long does it take to not install it? Is there a good lack of reception?

If it makes you feel any better, the Columbus' MLS team just signed a new TV deal (two days before the season) with a channel only carried by a single cable provider. Only 48% of the fan base uses that provider, so 52% of the fans (myself included) won't even be able to watch the games locally.

That's garbage.

Can you subscribe to MLS TV?

If so will that give you access to live games?

All I want to know is how many game can I see with my current provider, in my current abode......

Shaw satelite living in Lively ON.......

You're in the exact situation as me (unless Lively falls in the Montreal viewing region, I've never heard of it) as I too have Shaw satellite. You're guaranteed 32 national English games next year, 22 on Saturday, 10 between Wednesday/Sunday. That's it unless you get Centre Ice or the Habs find their way to SNET regional and onto this proposed mini Canadian CI pack.