Montreal vs. Florida | December 29th, 2013 | 1700 EST

lazy26

Boy, Habs29, you sure called it on Bourque. What a piece of human garbage. I know Cammy had a bloated salary, but I maintain to this day we could have gotten more for a bona-fide scorer like that.

Everyone rips DD, but he's been a PPG player for the past 20 games. That doesn't excuse his first 20 games of this season, but the bottom line is he's producing, and at a pretty high level, notwithstanding his obvious limitations.

Boy, Habs29, you sure called it on Bourque. What a piece of human garbage. I know Cammy had a bloated salary, but I maintain to this day we could have gotten more for a bona-fide scorer like that.

Everyone rips DD, but he's been a PPG player for the past 20 games. That doesn't excuse his first 20 games of this season, but the bottom line is he's producing, and at a pretty high level, notwithstanding his obvious limitations.

DD is producing, but he's producing playing with the best two wingers we have. I have to wonder what kind of production would they would get playing with Eller or Pleks.

Guest Stogey24

You're suggesting Bourque is going to help increase MaxPac's compete level and get the testasterone going??? Despite his size, Bourque is probably the laziest, softest player in the league. He may decide to play physics lack ine out of five games and that is a complaint about him during his last 2 years in Calgary. His compete level reminds me of Malakov.

I'd take DD over him any day of the week.

I've bashed Bourque from the beginning. He's the laziest prick around. Last year in the playoffs though he became a different player. Maybe a line of big bodied players who can also score sparks his game. Eller is bumped around so much because he's a spark plug and Pac is a natural goal scorer. Why not try and plug Bourque into that combo? Desharnais makes his living off of Pac. We've yet to see a big checking line put together that can score. Honestly what do we have to lose. Besides last night our scoring has been minimal.

DD is producing, but he's producing playing with the best two wingers we have. I have to wonder what kind of production would they would get playing with Eller or Pleks.

Lars Eller is a third line center. His offensive instincts aren't there, he's trending towards being a big body who can play up in the lineup, but he's no cigar as far as what habs fans think he is.

That's exactly what everyone was saying about Pleks 4 years ago

Lars Eller is a third line center. His offensive instincts aren't there, he's trending towards being a big body who can play up in the lineup, but he's no cigar as far as what habs fans think he is.

Well, a point-per-game pace is about as good as it gets in today's NHL. It's fine to say that DD owes it all to his wingers, but what are we saying? That Pleks or Eller would become 100-point men playing with those guys? I'm no big Desharnais booster either, but credit where due. He's been putting points on the board like crazy and that's nothing to sneeze at.

Eller: he's learning to play a 200-foot game. That's not cause to dismiss his offensive potential. 60 points is not a crazy guess for his eventual ceiling IMHO.

Last night was his 250th NHL game. You can argue successfully that his first year after the trade he should have been in the AHL, but for most centers of that caliber, 4 years worth of seasoning is enough to become that 60-80 point guy.

Plekanec's 4th year was his best one, playing with Kovalev and Kostitsyn, but he got 70 points that year.

DD may not be worth what we are paying him, but MB did not have much choice in that regard. Lately he has been a very hard worker, getting goals and assists, if he is able to keep this up then I have no real problem with him. I would still trade him in a heartbeat if we could a bigger guy with the same potential scoring wise.