Jan. 14, New Jersey vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

This a bit off topic, but I really hate the new goal song. I hate it so much, I prefer the Panther's goal song-"Don't Stop the Party" by Pitbull.

"Le But" by Locos Lacass? I think that's the name. The entire song is in French, the second song in my life I've heard only in French besides "Alouette." I'd prefer "Alouette" as the goal song, to be honest. I think MTL has the only goal song that isn't recognizable, and imo it's the worst in the league.

This a bit off topic, but I really hate the new goal song. I hate it so much, I prefer the Panther's goal song-"Don't Stop the Party" by Pitbull.

"Le But" by Locos Lacass? I think that's the name. The entire song is in French, the second song in my life I've heard only in French besides "Alouette." I'd prefer "Alouette" as the goal song, to be honest. I think MTL has the only goal song that isn't recognizable, and imo it's the worst in the league.

To quote the entirely English song Sexy Bitch by David Guetta and Akon :

I'm tryna find the words to describe this post

Without being disrespectful

Guest Stogey24

Are you surprised at all by the song choice.

I don't see what's the problem with having a French song as the goal song in Montreal. And you seem to be proud of your ignorance of French songs for some reason.

I think the song's OK, it's grown on me a bit. The chorus part that's played after a goal mentions Montreal. Keep in mind we had Simple Plan as a goal song for a while, so we're far from rock bottom at this point.

I liked that one that they brought back last year, it was silly but hey who cares.

Habs have gone 0 for last 18 on PP. Maybe Murray/Moan or any big body really does need to be planted in front of net (or something different). Gallagher seems more than willing to do it and is effective, but he needs another 30-40lbs.

Bourque actually had 6 shots.

74 was physical and Moan had good game.

Habs only gave up 20 shots and 2 in the 3rd period.

Brodeur played very well, but not really tested in 3rd period. A parting gift to him after Price outplayed him in his last visit home.

Who are the Habs? Why do some night they outskate and dominate even te best of the nhl, and the very next day lose a blowout game to the worst in the nhl? Why does this happen?

I feel like this is why fans are so polarized and quick to jump at lofty goals and the cup and the next day be talking about a lottery pick. Because literally the Habs can look the best one day, an the worst the next day.

Where's our consisentancy and what do we need to become a consistent threat in the league? What do the best teams in the league seem to have?

Who are the Habs? Why do some night they outskate and dominate even te best of the nhl, and the very next day lose a blowout game to the worst in the nhl? Why does this happen?

I feel like this is why fans are so polarized and quick to jump at lofty goals and the cup and the next day be talking about a lottery pick. Because literally the Habs can look the best one day, an the worst the next day.

Where's our consisentancy and what do we need to become a consistent threat in the league? What do the best teams in the league seem to have?

Top teams have more all-star forwards than the 1 the Habs have.

When unsure of what quality team you got, simply look at standings. And 3 points out of 1st place in an eastern division is what they are.

At present, higher than 99% of "experts" prognosticated in Sept/Oct and team simply doing well and above average, not great/not shitty.

Main goal is make playoffs and is looking like that may happen.

And Habs didn't play a shitty game yesterday, Brodeur simply is still a good goalie (at times), whom every goalie wishs they could handle puck 1/2 as well as he does and basically be a 3rd d-man on each and every dump in.

I used to teach music in adult ed programs and play 30-50 nights a year, I apologize if I haven't heard any French music, but when you have 700 records and zero words en francais it has more to do with French music not being popular than a lack of music appreciation.

As for the goal song? No surprise scoring is down, no motivation to hear the song! The song they had last year, which they brought back from years ago kicked ass.

I have some records in Spanish, perhaps they can switch to "Hey Baby, Que Paso?" Nah...probably Eiffel 65 and an extension for Briere.

I used to teach music in adult ed programs and play 30-50 nights a year, I apologize if I haven't heard any French music, but when you have 700 records and zero words en francais it has more to do with French music not being popular than a lack of music appreciation.

You do realize that there are different cultures outside America, and that what you are familiar with could differ from what people are familiar with in a far away place? For instance, in French-speaking places, French music is popular. But excuse me, your 700 records surely equal the sum total of human music.

Remember the U2 goal song? People bitched a lot about that one too, but it was perhaps the most fitting for our perenially low-scoring team: 'how long, how long'...

700 records is nothing to sneeze at, especially when today's crowd doesn't pay more than .99 cents for music, if at all on ITunes. That's more CD's in my spare room than most people on a city block have. Lighten up, it's a French rap song. I listen to Muddy Waters, Johnny Guitar Watson, the Ventures, Ray Price and the Texas Tornadoes on my way to work, I'm too worried about being culturally illiterate.

U2 is a great choice for a goal song because people actually like it, and other teams have used U2 as their goal song. Choosing a French rap song whose lyrics are totally unintelligible is stupid. On TV, I doubt even francophones can understand it, what it sounds like to most is a bunch of gibberish. Even Simple Plan, that's something you might hear in an arena. Sometimes it doesn't pay to try to be unique. 29 teams have goal songs that you might hear in an arena setting. Even when it comes to picking a goal song, the Habs are waylaid by hubris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8uvomoa-Es

I mean look at these guys? What an embarrassment. Do the Detroit Red Wings have "What is a Juggalo?" by the Insane Clown Posse because ICP is from Michigan? Even young kids are probably embarrassed by this.

I think this team has bigger problems than it's goal song. Like how to score forking goals for instance. I could care less what frigging song they sing, I just want them to sing it a lot.

hahaha I'm no fan of Loco Locass, and by that video it's clear that they're better heard and not seen, if heard at all. But you're wrong that the chorus is unintelligble - it's pretty easy to make out. And for me it fits reasonably well in an arena setting, although something more upbeat would work better, and yes, with a little more punch too.

There's something circular to your argument that 'stuff that works in an arena is stuff that you might hear in an arena'. If Simple Plan works, give me something that doesn't! It looks like you're mainly upset that the song choice was a) French and b) out of your frame of reference. Simple Plan was chosen for similar reasons to Loco Locass: French-speaking local boys who supposedly tie the club to the local culture. But they didn't have the audacity to sing in French, so you didn't have a problem with them.

I haven't paid attention to the other 29 goal songs around the league, but Minnesota and some other team had this call and response guitar solo wankery that I found awful and embarrassing for everyone involved. At least we haven't sunk to that level yet.

And by the way, in the digital age, 700 records is sneeze-worthy. Sure, you can brag about all the money you dumped into them if you're so inclined, but plenty of people have more music on their hard drive (and more variety too, it would seem). Edit: you probably have a lot of rarities in there.

hahaha I'm no fan of Loco Locass, and by that video it's clear that they're better heard and not seen, if heard at all. But you're wrong that the chorus is unintelligble - it's pretty easy to make out. And for me it fits reasonably well in an arena setting, although something more upbeat would work better, and yes, with a little more punch too.

There's something circular to your argument that 'stuff that works in an arena is stuff that you might hear in an arena'. If Simple Plan works, give me something that doesn't! It looks like you're mainly upset that the song choice was a) French and b) out of your frame of reference. Simple Plan was chosen for similar reasons to Loco Locass: French-speaking local boys who supposedly tie the club to the local culture. But they didn't have the audacity to sing in French, so you didn't have a problem with them.

I haven't paid attention to the other 29 goal songs around the league, but Minnesota and some other team had this call and response guitar solo wankery that I found awful and embarrassing for everyone involved. At least we haven't sunk to that level yet.

And by the way, in the digital age, 700 records is sneeze-worthy. Sure, you can brag about all the money you dumped into them if you're so inclined, but plenty of people have more music on their hard drive (and more variety too, it would seem). Edit: you probably have a lot of rarities in there.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't have an issue with the French culture, but the majority of le bleu blanc et rouge are English speakers. Where's their goal song? I stand by my arena argument, this year the Panthers tried to do something different, (a different goal song for each player) and it sunk like a lead balloon. An easy approach to the goal song is to basically do what everyone else is doing.

French Canadiens do have good taste in music. There's this harmonica player, Bharath Rajakumar and his Rhythm Four, he's from Montreal, and the amount of support he gets for basically duplicating 50's harmonica styles wouldn't be supported to the extent that he is by most Americans.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't have an issue with the French culture, but the majority of le bleu blanc et rouge are English speakers. Where's their goal song? I stand by my arena argument, this year the Panthers tried to do something different, (a different goal song for each player) and it sunk like a lead balloon. An easy approach to the goal song is to basically do what everyone else is doing.

The goal song is for fans, not players. And it's not like a French song excludes English people; by that logic, the francophone fanbase has been excluded for a long time now.

And an 'easy approach' to anything is to do what everyone else is doing, doesn't make it the right approach. They could certainly find a goal song that's better, but I don't want some retread from 10-20 years ago or to steal from another fanbase.