Jan.25th Habs vs. Caps 7pm est

Helmethead

I've been in the car with my kids for the last hour waiting for my wife to get out if a fabric store. Dblar has been begging for someone to do it and I figured now would be a good time to take the plunge.

Don't know much about the caps roster. Only that Ovie is questionable. Part of me thinks the habs sticks up the joint. Part of me thinks they bust out of this lethargy.

Truth be told they have sucked so much that I have turned my attention to fantasy baseball research - 2mths before the first pitch...

Sorry for the rant...please someone - anyone, feel free to edit and add the lineups.

Would post a pic of my kids fighting in the back seat but my iphone won't let me..

Oh well - go habs go!

• Upvote 1

I've been in the car with my kids for the last hour waiting for my wife to get out if a fabric store.

Now that's a lead-in to a game thread...

A stat to ponder: The Habs and Caps have combined for a total of 15 5-on-5 goals in their past seven games each (so basically, two per game between the teams). Why do I have a feeling that taking the over tonight may be the wise way to go?

The caps might be the only team in the league playing worse than us.

Caps have lost 5 in a row and are 2-6-2 in their last 10.

The good news is that one of these teams are going to end their loosing streak tonight!

It's the same lineup for the Habs meaning Diaz sits again. As I tweeted earlier, Montreal has lost 7 of their last 9 without him in the lineup dating back to last season (1-4 this year).

Better news is that Rick Ball is CBC's play-by-play guy tonight. I've heard him on some of the late broadcasts and he has sounded pretty good.

It's the same lineup for the Habs meaning Diaz sits again. As I tweeted earlier, Montreal has lost 7 of their last 9 without him in the lineup dating back to last season (1-4 this year).

Better news is that Rick Ball is CBC's play-by-play guy tonight. I've heard him on some of the late broadcasts and he has sounded pretty good.

I'd rather sit Bourque and play Diaz. play 7 D, keep Murrey under 15 minutes, Markov under 22 minutes and gorges at around 18 minutes

Use Bourque's wasted ice time by giving more time to kids like Bournival and Bourque who deserve a look and may actually learn and contribute.

Another guy who should play more is Eller. It's ridiculous that a bum like Bourque gets more ice time then Eller.

I could hope for some of this, if I didn't know MT is an idiot.

Eller averages two minutes per game more than Bourque does.

Bourque played more then eller last night

What is going on with Diaz? He hasn't stunk it up nor blown games with dumb plays has he?

At best, that should have been coincidental minors... Leblanc hooked, but the other guy held his stick and hauled him down with it.. Allowing caps to get significant extra time with the goalie out.

Notice... Mild book g against Ovie...only on the PP... Not constantly the whole game.

Not home yet for the game, anything worth mentioning happen?

Nothing at all. Grabovski isn't playing so there have been no cat fights. The most noteworthy event was Eller managing to take a double minor while we have an extra skater for a delayed penalty.