Jan.25th Habs vs. Caps 7pm est

Helmethead

Bourque played more then eller last night

For one game (one in which Eller played quite poorly), it's not a big deal. Over the course of the year, Bourque is playing less. Given that Eller hasn't played well in a while, averaging 17 minutes a game (he's at 16:57) is more than enough.

Though the shots are 12-3, the attempts are much closer at 22-16. The Habs had some prime chances in the 1st...and missed most by about 25 feet it seemed.

I agree that it was a pretty even period, but I wouldn't call many (or any) of those chances 'prime'.

You know...changing the coach would at best give them a temp boost. I suspect they will give up on any coach they hire.

We need some changes. Replace Bourque with any player who plays with some heart.

Four nothing.

Pull him, he doesn't need to play behind these clowns.

Prust gets a diving call.

Just for the record... If Diaz, Boo boo, or Gorges had caused two goals like Beaulieu did, people would be screaming. Kid isn't ready defensively.

Tinordi Time. I haven't seen Habs hockey this bad since Louis Leblanc's extended call up in 2011. There might be a weird synchronicity there.

I blame a coach when I see bad game plans... Bad strategies...

Thus is horrible and lazy execution...that is on the players and the team leaders. Seriously...if a coach yelling at them makes a difference, then we have serious problems.

• Upvote 1

Prust wasn't getting called for a dive, he was getting called for a high stick (and he did high stick him). Yeah, there should have been a penalty on the other side too but what he did was completely and utterly unacceptable. He completely dogged it coming back up the ice and coasted by the guy he was supposed to pick up in transition. That player happened to score. That should have landed him on the bench for the rest of the game. To then go and throw a temper tantrum and get yourself thrown out of the game? That's taking the cowardly way out. He better not be in the lineup for the next game, the coaches have to send a message that those actions simply cannot be tolerated.