Jan.25th Habs vs. Caps 7pm est

Helmethead

Having been a founder and an administrator of a widely used discussion forum for the past 5 years, I totally accept responsibility for any offensive statements. I would first like to apologize to the admins and members of this board.

I'm very sorry about my part in all that, wasn't trying to be a bigot, just prefer Canadian players as a general sense. A preference, a matter of choice, and only my opinion. Sometimes stuff like I said gets turned into bigotry, when it wasn't intended, when all it really was is pride in ones country and heritage. I did not say Euros were inferior, I only said I would prefer a high Canadian player count, especially at the Draft in light of the present roster's needs. Bigot or proud? Countries all through time have touted themselves with pride and had friendly rivalries, and wars over xenophobe ideas. I'm a proud Canadian, that doesn't hate anyone. I'm ok with what I am and my faults, I have more than a few, but I maintain I was saying it with pride in mind not bigotry. There were a lot of snowballing statements and assumptions to what I meant, I didn't intend to be judgemental and don't think I was harsh unnecessarily.

I realize I am new here, and didn't mean to get into a so politically charged discussion/argument so I would like to express my apologies to all on the board, even Habs29Retired. :canada:

Edited by KoRP

Guest Stogey24

Having been a founder and an administrator of a widely used discussion forum for the past 5 years, I totally accept responsibility for any offensive statements. I would first like to apologize to the admins and members of this board.

I'm very sorry about my part in all that, wasn't trying to be a bigot, just prefer Canadian players as a general sense. A preference, a matter of choice, and only my opinion. Sometimes stuff like I said gets turned into bigotry, when it wasn't intended, when all it really was is pride in ones country and heritage. I did not say Euros were inferior, I only said I would prefer a high Canadian player count, especially at the Draft in light of the present roster's needs. Bigot or proud? Countries all through time have touted themselves with pride and had friendly rivalries, and wars over xenophobe ideas. I'm a proud Canadian, that doesn't hate anyone. I'm ok with what I am and my faults, I have more than a few, but I maintain I was saying it with pride in mind not bigotry. There were a lot of snowballing statements and assumptions to what I meant, I didn't intend to be judgemental and don't think I was harsh unnecessarily.

I realize I am new here, and didn't mean to get into a so politically charged discussion/argument so I would like to express my apologies to all on the board, even Habs29Retired. :canada:

I just shed a tear from that sincere apology. :D