Jan. 30, Montreal vs Boston, 7 PM

dlbalr

For the first time in six matchups, this won't be a battle for 1st place in the division. But it's still a rivalry game and it will be interesting to see if the Habs can string together consecutive good games.

MTL_325_LOGO.jpg

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher

Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta

Prust - Eller - Bourque

Moen - Briere - Parros

Gorges - Subban

Markov - Emelin

Murray - Beaulieu

Budaj

BOS_325_LOGO.jpg

Lucic - Krejci - Iginla

Marchand - Bergeron - Eriksson

Soderberg - Kelly - Smith

Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Boychuk

Hamilton - Krug

Bartkowski - Miller

Rask

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM on RDS, TSN Habs, and NHL Network (US).

But it's still a rivalry game and it will be interesting to see if the Habs can string together consecutive good games.

Yeah, that's all I'm really hoping for: a good game. The Bruins are a great team that have us overmatched in all areas (except for maybe Price). We're a bubble team playing like a cellar-dweller. I hope we can get something from the Eller line, because the top two won't be enough. Big game for Bourney!

Dave Stubbs reported that Christian Thomas may have been recalled by the Habs. Unsure if that means he'll play tonight. Hard to see the Habs sitting Parros against the big bad Bruins, but you never know. Maybe Therrien wants to bench Briere?

Source: https://twitter.com/Dave_Stubbs/status/428881651503230976

Guest Stogey24

Dave Stubbs reported that Christian Thomas may have been recalled by the Habs. Unsure if that means he'll play tonight. Hard to see the Habs sitting Parros against the big bad Bruins, but you never know. Maybe Therrien wants to bench Briere?

Source: https://twitter.com/Dave_Stubbs/status/428881651503230976

There is no way he plays tonight. We might as well waive Parros right now if Thomas is in for Him.

There is no way he plays tonight. We might as well waive Parros right now if Thomas is in for Him.

Why?

Thomas is natural goal scorer and they say best release and hardest shot on Hamilton.

Maybe a young Gionta-type?

I would take that option on struggling PP, over Parros playing 4 shifts? Wouldn't you?

(gotta love an ex-Leaf goalie stoning San Jose for Oilers and he said he had his worst warm-up in long time and couldn't envision a game like that playing out)

• Upvote 1

Mainly because the habs currently ice 25% of the hobits in the nhl. They just can't sit Parros against the B's for another hobit. Doesn't make any sense.

I'm guessing someone is ill and may be a gametime decision. Or i do think there are some moves coming around the corner.

Guest Stogey24

Mainly because the habs currently ice 25% of the hobits in the nhl. They just can't sit Parros against the B's for another hobit. Doesn't make any sense.

I'm guessing someone is ill and may be a gametime decision. Or i do think there are some moves coming around the corner.

Yeah, exactly. We basically have Parros to play the Bruins and Leafs.

Budaj has played well, it's his turn, and frankly, if we get blown out, it won't be Price getting lit up.

I am not too confident tonight. Boston has been lighting up every team they have played lately. Still, this team often shows up when you least expect.

Boston is one of the NHL's truly mighty teams, along with St. Louis and Chicago and maybe one or two others. As painful as it is to say, you really have to respect the way they've built that organization - a franchise that has won a Cup and become a perennial contender despite throwing away one #1 C (Thornton) and losing another to the kind of premeditated assault the NHL celebrates (Savard). In addition to those two elite players, they also lost deadly W Phil Kessel and turned him into drafting gold; exactly the opposite of what we've done with assets like Ribeiro and Cammalleri. They dole out huge contracts to a Zdeno Chara even as we were taking on, say, Scott Gomez. They turn has-beens like Raycroft into Rask. The contrast between their consistent managerial strength and our mediocrity makes me want to puke.

That said, we almost always play them tough (rather like Toronto always does with us). Look for the Habs to bring their "A" game tonight; I'm not ruling out a win.

He's not up yet, they're only going to recall him if an injury strikes (or a trade, I suppose). The Bulldogs are off to Abbotsford for the next few days so he's staying back in case they need him today, Saturday, or Sunday.

And getting a couple of key players injured.

Been awhile since Habs have lost to Boston.

Like Leafs seem to have Habs number, Habs are same with Bruins (standings-strength of teams seems to be irrelevant)

whatever, should be a fun one.

If Parros does not play tonite then I will know that I am correct in saying they just paying him till the end of the season and his career is over, at least as a Hab. GO F'KING HABS GO. (it worked last time)

why in the world are we starting Budaj against the Bruins????

Price is rested, there is a day off before the next game.

This is the wonderful world of M Therrien. The great coach trying to bluff Boston into thinking we don't need our #1 to beat you jerk offs. Hell I don't know.

Varying theories:

- It's a road game and there seems to be a rule against playing Budaj at home; both weekend contests are at the Bell Centre.

- Budaj beat Boston in both matchups last year (1 start, 1 in relief).

- Budaj hasn't started in 3 weeks which is a long time for one of the better backups in the league.

- Therrien wants to force the team to pay more attention to detail defensively, one of the ways to do that is to put the lesser goalie in there and tell the players to make the smart, simple play. That has worked for them in the past.

Varying theories:

- It's a road game and there seems to be a rule against playing Budaj at home; both weekend contests are at the Bell Centre.

- Budaj hasn't started in 3 weeks which is a long time for one of the better backups in the league.

- Therrien wants to force the team to pay more attention to detail defensively, one of the ways to do that is to put the lesser goalie in there and tell the players to make the smart, simple play. That has worked for them in the past.

given how important points are right now, I'd be going with my number 1. There's back to back games this weekend and Budaj will probably get a start in one of those afternoon games anyways.

Last game's shutout notwithstanding, this is a pretty fragile group and Budaj hasn't look good in his previous starts or relief starts.

Varying theories:

or see my previous post. It is more likely knowing how MT works. :)

You can, and most of you do, argue many moves MT makes, remember last year when we were in a skid and MT started Budaj in Boston and he was outstanding in the win? Maybe that crazy coach is just playing a hunch..... Go Habbies!

Guest Stogey24

Varying theories:

Good post