Jan. 30, Montreal vs Boston, 7 PM

dlbalr

That was one hell of a win. Can't say I expected it!

Don't know why, dosent matter where anyone is in the standings but, when Habs play the Leafs, it is always a total flip of coin - 50-50 chance who will win.

But, Habs vs the Bruins, for whatever reason it seems, just to me, a 60-40 chance Habs win.

If only they could bring that effort in even 2 out of 3 games consistently.

Well that was two wins with eight goals scored and one allowed consecutively.

The team came out but Therrien still had some serious issues. Holding back Daniel Briere when he was an offensive dynamo each shift was just ridiculous. That game could have been 5-1, 6-1 maybe some chemistry created but instead he plays what, six minutes while Rene Bourque gets powerplay minutes and more and whiffs on everything?

I'm not ready to say much has changed. Boston didn't look ready to play. Woke up maybe twice and the rest of it was a sleeping bear. Lucic was embarrassing for the Bruins. Chara got pick-pocketed every other shift. David Krejci doesn't get enough love in Boston. Dougie Hamilton is a beast.

Great to beat the Bruins. They were chirping as far back as Monday on Twitter.

Wow, what a game. I watched from the bar, so I couldn't watch the game too closely, but holy crap is Dougie Hamilton a disaster defensively. Makes me think twice about keeping Beaulieu and Tinordi in the minors. Hamilton got burned by everyone. Marchand is still a puke, and I hate to say it, but when he gets a knee or an elbow to the head, he has to eat that, no one feels bad for him. Way to take a penalty after the whistle and give up a pp goal ten seconds later. I'm not too crazy about the open season on Gallagher, it would be great if he had someone like Chris Stewart on his line, I've never seen a player get his helmet ripped off, or get crosschecked into the net 3-5 times a night.

regarding Thomas-in the games I've seen him play in Hamilton, he seems to be on his keester a lot. Maybe this is a problem with so many AHL games only having one referee, thus there still seems to still be a lot of interference behind the play. :Bulldogs: Beaulieu will be great if he can learn to be a little more humble but he will disappoint by being reckless at times and getting caught out of positon

was at the dentists again for more fillings after the 1st period. I'm 2-0 at the dentists. Guess I should get fillings more often :P what the heck happened to Florida? I thought we'd catch the leafs tonight

was at the dentists again for more fillings after the 1st period. I'm 2-0 at the dentists. Guess I should get fillings more often :P what the heck happened to Florida? I thought we'd catch the leafs tonight

I wouldn't fret too much there. We have played two less games than the Leafs.

On pucks first, and no floating, and Dougie Hamilton is terrible.....nice win! Nice to see Chara so slow and ineffective, and knocked down a fair bit. How bout Doug Murray!

Guest Stogey24

Briere!!! Best signing ever!

Haha

On pucks first, and no floating, and Dougie Hamilton is terrible.....nice win! Nice to see Chara so slow and ineffective, and knocked down a fair bit. How bout Doug Murray!

You have to think Murray is getting a contract extension.

Chara is Old timer softball age and 35 is a cut off age for a reason, especially as a pro athlete. I know some still play fine till they are 40, but low % and why I wouldn't go more than any 2 year deal for Markov.

Agreed Don, but don't you maybe think it is indeed time to trade him? His value is at the highest it's going to be, somebody else can teach our young guys to stick check and gamble on breaking up plays, player development department is all new isn't it? Still rebuilding/re-tooling is what MB's plan is me thinks.... me hopes. Maybe after the Olympics we get to find out what MB's plan looks like.

Edited by KoRP

Agreed Don, but don't you maybe think it is indeed time to trade him? His value is at the highest it's going to be, somebody else can teach our young guys to stick check and gamble on breaking up plays, player development department is all new isn't it? Still rebuilding/re-tooling is what MB's plan is me thinks.... me hopes. Maybe after the Olympics we get to find out what MB's plan looks like.

I kinda thought early Dec. his value was highest, but just 3 months into season and team riding big winning streak, Bergevin wasn't (and maybe still isn't) looking to make any significant in-season trades?

Chara is Old timer softball age and 35 is a cut off age for a reason, especially as a pro athlete. I know some still play fine till they are 40, but low % and why I wouldn't go more than any 2 year deal for Markov.

Age generally shows more on bigger/taller athletes...wear and tear on the body from the extra weight it bears and forces generated. Seems to be the case for Chara.

Age generally shows more on bigger/taller athletes...wear and tear on the body from the extra weight it bears and forces generated. Seems to be the case for Chara.

Is too bad the Bruins have depth at d and when Chara finally packs it in, their d-core should still be pretty good.

Sorry I missed the fun!. Was this the game what we signed Briere for?

I remember a healthy team playing a lot of good hockey earlier in the year.

Sure would be nice.

Personally, I hope Chara packs it in tomorrow for good, it's bizarre what he gets away with, and in some games has more control than the refs, and that's saying something. Hate him as much as I hated Sundin whining to the refs for 5 mins at every whistle when the Leafs were trailing..... When he does pack it in, he'll still be 6'9" and still a goof, good riddance from this Hab fan.