Feb. 1, Tampa Bay vs Montreal, 1 PM

dlbalr

The Habs kick off their annual Super Bowl weekend doubleheader against the injury-depleted Tampa Bay Lightning. With a regulation win, Montreal could move within two points of 2nd in the Atlantic.

TBL_325_LOGO.jpg

Palat - Johnson - St. Louis

Kucherov - Killorn - Purcell

Brown - Thompson - Pyatt

Malone - Crombeen

Salo - Hedman

Carle - Gudas

Brewer - Barberio

Cote

?????*

MTL_325_LOGO.jpg

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher

Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta

Bourque - Eller - Thomas

Moen - Briere - Parros

Gorges - Subban

Markov - Emelin

Murray - Beaulieu

Price

* Tampa's goaltending situation is a mess right now...here's the breakdown:

Bishop: Injured vs Ottawa, questionable for Saturday (will start if healthy)

Lindback: Injured vs Ottawa, out until after the Olympics

Desjardins: In the AHL, started Friday suggesting he may not start tomorrow if needed

Gudlevskis: Also in the AHL, backing up Friday, has been up with Tampa already this year (also Olympic-bound)

Helenius: Former 1st rounder recalled to the AHL Friday, could be re-directed to the big club for Saturday

Puck drop is at 1:00 PM on RDS and CBC.

What did Ottawa do to TB's G?

Both were caused by Tampa oddly enough. Kucherov kneed Bishop in the head before the two minute mark of the 1st yesterday while Cote knocked someone (Conacher?) into Lindback, giving him an ankle injury.

Both were caused by Tampa oddly enough. Kucherov kneed Bishop in the head before the two minute mark of the 1st yesterday while Cote knocked someone (Conacher?) into Lindback, giving him an ankle injury.

That is odd. I assume one was able to finish the game?

This is a big game. Toronto has a pretty easy schedule so I assume they will win most of them if their offensive hot streak keeps going. The habs need to keep pace by putting their own winning streak together.

Ahhh yes, a win streak would be great! Price in both games this weekend, hopefully the team shows up. Wonder if Briere gets more ice time today? Wonder how long White and Galchenyuk are going to be out? I wonder, I wonder..... :halm:

Guest Stogey24

I was watching an interview with Bishop and he was saying he was mostly just shook up after the collision. I bet he plays tonight.

Is Prust a healthy scratch - ? If so, weird season, what with both Emelin and Prust having had this treatment. Which would say a lot about our problems, with two of our most "blood and guts" players being scratched like that.

Guest Stogey24

got to love the bob cole commentary

Take a shot of whiskey for every time Bob Coles makes a mistake. I can promise you wont be awake for the third