Canada vs. USA Semi-Final February 21st.

sim.on

Rematch of the Gold medal game from four years ago, winner goes on to play for gold.

Sorry for the sloppiness, I just put this together last minute.

Canada

Chris Kunitz—Sidney Crosby—Patrice Bergeron

Jamie Benn—Ryan Getzlaf—Corey Perry

Patrick Marleau—Jonathan Toews—Jeff Carter

Patrick Sharp—Matt Duchene—Rick Nash / Martin St. Louis

Duncan Keith—Shea Weber

Marc-Edouard Vlasic—Drew Doughty

Jay Bouwmeester—Alex Pietrangelo

Dan Hamhuis

CAREY PRICE

USA

Dustin Brown – David Backes – Ryan Callahan
Zach Parise – Ryan Kesler – Patrick Kane
James van Riemsdyk – Joe Pavelski – Phil Kessel
Max Pacioretty – Paul Stastny – T.J. Oshie
Blake Wheeler

Cam Fowler – Kevin Shattenkirk

Brooks Orpik – Paul Martin
Ryan Suter – Ryan McDonagh
John Carlson

Jonathan Quick

For what its worth, I predict that the winner of this one will go on to win GOLD.

GO CANADA GO!!

I'm a tad worried about the common assumption that if we win this, the gold medal game will be a cakewalk. Sweden isn't going to roll over.

Anyway, no question, this is the marquee matchup of the Olympics. I doubt it'll be an all-time classic to rival yesterday's game, but it should be a humdinger. I give the USA a slight edge - they're due, and they've been a better team so far in this tourney. But go Price go!!!

Oh, I agree that the winner of this game will be favoured against an injury-ravaged Sweden. But the win isn't automatic, especially for a Team Canada that barely beat a decimated Finnish and a pathetic Latvian roster.

But the win isn't automatic, especially for a Team Canada that barely beat a decimated Finnish and a pathetic Latvian roster.

They barely beat them on them score board but Canada dominated in both those games.

I think goals might come a little easier against the US who will be sending more than one man into the Canadian zone. When Canada went up 2-1 against Latvia and Latvia started attacking to tie it up and their defence went to crap and gave up a lot of chances. That said, Canada has to make the chances count.

Team USA is pretty weak on defence when Suter or McDonaugh are not out.

Canada is playing a good boards game though. USA is gonna have to out-speed the defence because their cycle game is almost always collapsed on. USA is boxing in Canada wonderfully though.

Cherry ripping Keith. Imagine if that'd been PK getting blown by on the outside :rolleyes:

Phil Kessel looks deadly out there. Yes, Seguin is a strong player and Armstrong will be good for years, but the fact is that that trade has never been as terrible as it's made out to be. Kessel is a legitimate top-10 NHL forward and scoring threat.

Patches had some good moments too.

Crosby, Kunitz (!) and Doughty stood out to me for Canada.

Good, exciting hockey with Canada having the edge in play so far. USA's dodgy D could prove their undoing.

I thought Canada was the better team through 1st period.

Quick is going to be tough to beat.

Id like to see Canada use the stretch pass a bit. It give them an opportunity to catch the US sleeping and even if they dont score on one it backs of the american D and makes it easier to generate speed through the neutral zone.

Guest Stogey24

Cherry ripping Keith. Imagine if that'd been PK getting blown by on the outside :rolleyes:

Phil Kessel looks deadly out there. Yes, Seguin is a strong player and Armstrong will be good for years, but the fact is that that trade has never been as terrible as it's made out to be. Kessel is a legitimate top-10 NHL forward and scoring threat.

Patches had some good moments too.

Crosby, Kunitz (!) and Doughty stood out to me for Canada.

Good, exciting hockey with Canada having the edge in play so far. USA's dodgy D could prove their undoing.

I've noticed that a few times with Keith.

Even better second period from Canada.

Its such a tight game, one shot or bounce and the US are right back even but one more from Canada and this one could be done. Canada so good defensively!

It's exciting, but frankly Canada's control is near-total so far. From Price on out the team has been impeccable.

EDIT: that's that. Considering the quality of the opposition, that might be THE single most commanding performance I have ever seen a hockey team play. Canada was absolutely superb. And A SHUTOUT FOR OUR MAN CAREY PRICE!!! :habslogo: