Canada vs. Sweden Gold medal Game

sim.on

Well, there's no question about THAT - the women's game was one for the ages for sheer drama ;) All I'm saying is that I don't know how a knowledgeable hockey fan could not appreciate what they witnessed from the last two games by the men. That's as good as a hockey team gets.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really happy Syd scored on that breakaway. He played a great all-around game even without racking up the points. Kunitz also proved the doubters wrong. Bergeron is just a hell of a player. I thought Benn would have got on the all-tournament team, but I guess the numbers just weren't impressive enough.

I wish we had more of these guys on the Habs.

Can someone remind me the relevance of being on the all-star team? Just a footnote to add to one's resume? I don't think they go out and do a skills competition or play a game together, do they?

And how does Price not make it, after being voted the tournament's best goalie?

I agree that this was an extraordinary team. I have never seen a team so dominant against such elite competition.

To those who say these games were boring, I say that they were hockey games for connoisseurs - just as Sidney Crosby is a hockey player for connoisseurs, not those looking for flash and dash. The entertainment lay in seeing devastatingly perfect hockey being executed by the winning team.

SOOOO happy for Carey Price. Not only did he deliver in the big games, he put on a clinic of masterful, controlled goaltending. This was exactly what I was hoping for - that Price emerge from the tournament as a gold medal champion and with the full mantle of greatness that was always his to claim. He was already a leader in the Habs' room - imagine the aura he will now command both with his teammates and with his opponents. Awesome. :thumbs_up:

Great comment Cucumber. You said it all.

I agree that this was an extraordinary team. I have never seen a team so dominant against such elite competition.

To those who say these games were boring, I say that they were hockey games for connoisseurs - just as Sidney Crosby is a hockey player for connoisseurs, not those looking for flash and dash. The entertainment lay in seeing devastatingly perfect hockey being executed by the winning team.

SOOOO happy for Carey Price. Not only did he deliver in the big games, he put on a clinic of masterful, controlled goaltending. This was exactly what I was hoping for - that Price emerge from the tournament as a gold medal champion and with the full mantle of greatness that was always his to claim. He was already a leader in the Habs' room - imagine the aura he will now command both with his teammates and with his opponents. Awesome. :thumbs_up:

Agreed. I would describe it further as a clinic. I think there is a lot of CROW to be eaten on this board.

5-0, 0.59 GAA, .972 SV%.

It was a team effort, but the numbers remain unbelievable.

Hahaha

Look at Getzlaf on the team picture. Says it all about Carey's amazing performance !

image.jpg

What a great experience for our two young stars. It will make both of them better.

I really like Getzlaf - both his game, and how he came across on "NHL Revealed." Seems like a smart, grounded guy. Plus you don't see too many NHLers that bald :halm:

Perry, Duchene, Benn and bout 10 others would look darn good in a Hab jersey also.

Quite happy for Price, even though the handling of Subban looks justified when they win gold.

In four years, he might be the questionable best defenceman in the NHL but his handling in Sochi will make him a question mark.

Wont need to worry about Olympics and NHL in 4 years, hopefully.