Prayers for Tim Bozon

JMMR

As the press release says, He's got a long road of recovery ahead, but I'm just glad we are no longer talking about things that are life threatening.

Even if he never plays hockey, he will still live a full life.

As the press release says, He's got a long road of recovery ahead, but I'm just glad we are no longer talking about things that are life threatening.

Even if he never plays hockey, he will still live a full life.

Really like walking talking?

no brain damage?

Really like walking talking?

no brain damage?

Too early to know. He's going to be slow right now... as they said, he's trying to talk and trying to feed himself, but he can't do those things on his own today. With time some functions will come back, maybe all of them, maybe in 6 months he's back to exactly where he was, maybe at some point he hits a wall, and his recovery is that far but no farther. We just don't know enough right now.

It's fantastic news. Although I still can't get over the horror story that has befallen this poor kid. A complete random act of brutality by the universe...the sort of catastrophe that could befall any of us at any moment, really. Thank God he seems to have a strong system of support.

Awesome news, those doctors must have done one heck of a job. The wonders of medical science on display; I wonder how treatment would have gone even 10-15 years ago. It also must help that he's young and in peak physical condition.

They say he'll need a few months of rehabilitation, but the goal is a full recovery. Quite the story, but imagine if he made the NHL? I can see Farber's segment on it already.

• 2 months later...