A Keith Yandle (33)
PTS Mike Ribeiro (41)
+/- Zbynek Michalek (+7)
PIMS Martin Hanzal (71)
Injuries: Derek Morris
Scratches: Paul Bissonette, Brandon McMillan

Puck Drop: 9:00 PM EST TV: RDS, TSN Habs Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

Therrien isn't going to shake things up immediately but would love to see:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Vanek: Stack the top line. Make teams shudder in fear when we put on our first line. Vanek was used to Okposo and Tavares. Pacioretty is better than Okposo, which could at least distract Vanek a little from not having Tavares down the middle anymore.

Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher: Eller just took a benching, might take another tonight or on Saturday. Perfect time to re-unite the EGG line and see what kind of fire he has in him.

Moen - Plekanec - Gionta: A true shutdown line. Place that against top lines at home and you'll be able to make room for the top lines to attack.

Bourque - White - Weiss: When Prust comes back, Bourque sits. When Bournival comes back, Bourque sits. Either way he sits but with injuries this is the best way to go.

It's more likely we'll see either Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Vanek or Vanek - Plekanec - Gionta. Either is fine.

Guest Stogey24

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Vanek: Stack the top line. Make teams shudder in fear when we put on our first line. Vanek was used to Okposo and Tavares. Pacioretty is better than Okposo, which could at least distract Vanek a little from not having Tavares down the middle anymore.

Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher: Eller just took a benching, might take another tonight or on Saturday. Perfect time to re-unite the EGG line and see what kind of fire he has in him.

Moen - Plekanec - Gionta: A true shutdown line. Place that against top lines at home and you'll be able to make room for the top lines to attack.

Bourque - White - Weiss: When Prust comes back, Bourque sits. When Bournival comes back, Bourque sits. Either way he sits but with injuries this is the best way to go.

It's more likely we'll see either Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Vanek or Vanek - Plekanec - Gionta. Either is fine.

You read my mind. Put the kids back together and run a true top line with Pac-DD-Vanek.

Any word on Prust?

I bet Plekanec hasnt stopped smiling since Vanek trade announced (F-in A Bergy)!

Good for him and all his underrated work, he deserves more skill on his wing than a Mr Moan/Darche/Bourque or the like.

I doubt PP will go 0-for tonight. Hope they light up Smith!

Guest Stogey24

I bet Plekanec hasnt stopped smiling since Vanek trade announced (F-in A Bergy)!

Good for him and all his underrated work, he deserves more skill on his wing than a Mr Moan/Darche/Bourque or the like.

I doubt PP will go 0-for tonight. Hope they light up Smith!

Galchenyuk and Gionta?

Yep, right on!

Will be real interesting to see how Vanek fits into the line up. Any word on what is up with Price. Even if we have Dubnyk we are going to need carey before long.

Galchenyuk and Gionta?

Love Gionta's effort, but more a checker these days and Galchenyuk basically still a rookie and how many games has he even had alongside Plekanec?

I mean more like Kovalev-Vanek-Pacioretty and yes even AK46.

do you think DD will actually pass to Vanek? I'd rather split Vanek and Maxpac anyways. Give Pleks a scorer for once and move Gionta down.

do you think DD will actually pass to Vanek? I'd rather split Vanek and Maxpac anyways. Give Pleks a scorer for once and move Gionta down.

Agreed.

Split Vanek and MaxPac on two different lines!

Keep the MaxPac-DD-Gally line together. They have chemistry and they produce!

2nd Line: Vanek-Plex-Chucky Finally Plex gets a real sniper!!

3rd Line: Prust-Eller-Gio A solid checking line that will score its fair share of goals!

4th Line: Bourque-White-Weiss Crash and Bang line!!!

As soon as Bournival is healthy, Bourque sits!

So gorges is headed back to Montreal to see the doctors about his hand. Does anyone know how long we could expect him to be out?

Current guess is until the playoffs begin. The team is in "take no major risks" mode. Some are saying Price could play today if it was the playoffs but because it isn't, the team isn't going to push anyone harder than they have to.

For the record, the line combos in the 1st post are guesses at this time.

I really like those lines, it shows balance up and down the lineup. Very excited to see Vanek play tonight!

Current guess is until the playoffs begin. The team is in "take no major risks" mode. Some are saying Price could play today if it was the playoffs but because it isn't, the team isn't going to push anyone harder than they have to.

Agreed. From what I heard on the radio, there's a good chance that Gorges is out til the playoffs. Same thing with Price, had it been the playoffs, Carey would've played yesterday!

I am not a big fan of Gorges, but I have to tip my hat to him for his courage

I am a fan of his play and hope he is back sooner than later, he will be missed.

Outside of the projected line-up, a lot of folks are slotting Vanek on the right-side. Straight from the horse's mouth, he states that he's much more comfortable on the left and that's where he's played most of his time in Buffalo. A perfect spot to fill on Pleky's line up (and give him the minutes he deserves). And a better reason not to break up Max/DD/Gallagher.

Who knows, that Gally/Briere/Bourque line could do some damage. Was Eller a confirmed scratch?

As soon as Bournival is healthy, Bourque sits!

Its kinda sad the Bourque situation. I often wonder with guys like him, if he ever thinks to himself "I could be the big name trade guy". He has all the physical tools, just won't use them. Its a real shame.

I'm hoping Bourque can have a resurgent playoffs like last year. On the other hand, if Vanek is indeed a left winger then there doesn't look like there's room for Bourque above the fourth line, in which case I wouldn't want him out there instead of White or Moen.