Boston vs Montreal 7:30pm

Guest Stogey24

Brian Gionta should go back to New Jersey and retire when this season is done :clap: leadership skills are 0.001%...and even the 1 at the end is being friendly. Subban for captain in 2014-2015; at least he plays with emotion. PS: for those saying fire MT, is that your only solution? How many frigging coaches have we rolled over in Montreal in the past 7 seasons? give your heads a shake and realize its not the coach, it's the TEAM. Here's to hoping for a Carey Price return in the near future.

It's how the coach is deploying his players.

Gionta should be getting 3rd line minutes (and should actually have been traded last summer), while The Galley's should be play close to 20 minutes. Bouillon should not be playing. The defensive pairings make zero sense. The "balanced" lines kill any chance of skilled players being able to succeed. Subban is pretty much asked to play like gorges. WTF are Emelin and Bouillon doing on the PP?

We are never as good or as bad as we seem. This is an extremely poorly coached team.

If the habs would show some balls and hire the BEST available coach (and than stand behind him) instead of being an affirmative action program that lands them bafoon a like MT they wouldn't be in this mess.

Brian Gionta should go back to New Jersey and retire when this season is done :clap: leadership skills are 0.001%...and even the 1 at the end is being friendly. Subban for captain in 2014-2015; at least he plays with emotion. PS: for those saying fire MT, is that your only solution? How many frigging coaches have we rolled over in Montreal in the past 7 seasons? give your heads a shake and realize its not the coach, it's the TEAM. Here's to hoping for a Carey Price return in the near future.

It's how the coach is deploying his players.

Gionta should be getting 3rd line minutes (and should actually have been traded last summer), while The Galley's should be play close to 20 minutes. Bouillon should not be playing. The defensive pairings make zero sense. The "balanced" lines kill any chance of skilled players being able to succeed. Subban is pretty much asked to play like gorges. WTF are Emelin and Bouillon doing on the PP?

We are never as good or as bad as we seem. This is an extremely poorly coached team.

If the habs would show some balls and hire the BEST available coach (and than stand behind him) instead of being an affirmative action program that lands them bafoon a like MT they wouldn't be in this mess.

Nothing ever changes with the Canadiens.

The chances of Vanek signing here are nearing NIL from day to day.

They were nil to begin with as his wife wants to be in Minni, so may be for best anyways. He is just a rental and I hope he helps get Habs to 2nd or 3rd round.

Typical knee jerk reaction from many on here, let's fire everybody and the season is over. I would swear I was reading the comments section on TSN, not the intelligent, thought out forum that this is supposed to be. We just completed the hardest part of the our schedule without our MVP and were able to scrap together 7 out of 16 points. No that is not ideal but it's also not the end of the world. It's going to take some time for Vanek to settle in and for his linemates get comfortable with him. They created chances out there, they just didn't bury them, it happens. If they weren't able to create any scoring opportunities then it would be cause for panic but they did. Budaj has shown recently why he is a backup, many have been let in that normally wouldn't if Price was in. Everybody take a breath

• Upvote 1

Well, i'm not panicking, but I got to say I am disappointed with this teams lack of scoring skills. How many times this year have we heard that the Habs had some good scoring chances but were unable to convert.?!?!?! How many ######ing times did we hear this???

We've scored 3 goals in 3 games...

Why in the world is Bouillon playing 23 minutes when he hasn't played in over 1 month?

When will Galchenyuk play at Centre?

Stop trying to create balanced lines.

Get Gionta off the Vanek/Plex line and put someone who can score or at lease create some offense

I'm seriously looking forward to seeing Carey Price back in nets! I like Budaj, but he's a backup goalie, not a No.1

The habs are 29th in 5 on 5 scoring. The offense needs to wake up.

They will go no where fast unless that changes.

Price will make the score look more reasonable, but it will take him a few games to get back and the habs don't have that much time.

Well, i'm not panicking, but I got to say I am disappointed with this teams lack of scoring skills. How many times this year have we heard that the Habs had some good scoring chances but were unable to convert.?!?!?! How many ######ing times did we hear this???

We've scored 3 goals in 3 games...

Why in the world is Bouillon playing 23 minutes when he hasn't played in over 1 month?

When will Galchenyuk play at Centre?

Stop trying to create balanced lines.

Get Gionta off the Vanek/Plex line and put someone who can score or at lease create some offense

I'm seriously looking forward to seeing Carey Price back in nets! I like Budaj, but he's a backup goalie, not a No.1

Boullion's play had little to do with outcome of game.

When Galchenyuk is defensively responsible.

Dont know what unbalanced lines would do or why balanced (if that is what you call it) lines is bad?

I like Gionta and Plekanec together, but may not be best line for Vanek (and he did get a point on another line, but a good player would produce even with Darche-Gomez as linemates).

But, Murray outshooting Plekanec and Gionta combined not good.

Overall not a bad game by Habs and 1 stat was difference .972% vs .875%.

After 1st period I thought; '1st home game after road trip' jinx maybe not gonna come in to play, but Budaj helped it along.

I've just been way too busy to watch much of these recent games, and it sounds like that's a good thing, because distance can afford some objectivity:

1. Price is the team's MVP; everybody knows it; it is folly to evaluate the team in his absence.

2. Vanek will need time to get comfortable. Everybody said that when he was acquired, now we've forgotten it.

3. We just went through a brutal schedule and this was the first game back.

The point being, this stretch is aberrant rather than representative and should not be used to draw conclusions about the "real" Montreal Canadiens. I would start the evaluation next game...but even then, did anyone ever think the team could win lots and lots of games without Price? So what is the point of panicking when we fail to do so?

• Upvote 1

Boullion's play had little to do with outcome of game.

When Galchenyuk is defensively responsible.

Dont know what unbalanced lines would do or why balanced (if that is what you call it) lines is bad?

I like Gionta and Plekanec together, but may not be best line for Vanek (and he did get a point on another line, but a good player would produce even with Darche-Gomez as linemates).

But, Murray outshooting Plekanec and Gionta combined not good.

Overall not a bad game by Habs and 1 stat was difference .972% vs .875%.

After 1st period I thought; '1st home game after road trip' jinx maybe not gonna come in to play, but Budaj helped it along.

So you consider DD defensively responsible???

I've just been way too busy to watch much of these recent games, and it sounds like that's a good thing, because distance can afford some objectivity:

1. Price is the team's MVP; everybody knows it; it is folly to evaluate the team in his absence.

2. Vanek will need time to get comfortable. Everybody said that when he was acquired, now we've forgotten it.

The point being, this stretch is aberrant rather than representative and should not be used to draw conclusions about the "real" Montreal Canadiens. I would start the evaluation next game...but even then, did anyone ever think the team could win lots and lots of games without Price? So what is the point of panicking when we fail to do so?

It's not that the team is expected to win without Price. It''s how they are playing and how the coach is deploying the players. MT is handcuffing the team from the get go with his "balanced lines" and ridiculous defensive pairings. I think we are seeing now that the team's success is pretty much a result of Price's play over-coming bad coaching.

Typical knee jerk reaction from many on here, let's fire everybody and the season is over. I would swear I was reading the comments section on TSN, not the intelligent, thought out forum that this is supposed to be. We just completed the hardest part of the our schedule without our MVP and were able to scrap together 7 out of 16 points. No that is not ideal but it's also not the end of the world. It's going to take some time for Vanek to settle in and for his linemates get comfortable with him. They created chances out there, they just didn't bury them, it happens. If they weren't able to create any scoring opportunities then it would be cause for panic but they did. Budaj has shown recently why he is a backup, many have been let in that normally wouldn't if Price was in. Everybody take a breath

That's fair. But there's a fine line between taking a breath, and waving pom poms with Habs underpants on. I come here for intelligent talk. But I like how hab29 seems ready to throw a tv through a hotel window at any moment.
  • Upvote 1

So you consider DD defensively responsible???

He kicked ass on faceoffs, scored only goal and was even +/- in game!!!

He is +2 for season while Alex is -11 and is only 20 years old with a lot to learn.

Well put sir.

That's fair. But there's a fine line between taking a breath, and waving pom poms with Habs underpants on. I come here for intelligent talk. But I like how hab29 seems ready to throw a tv through a hotel window at any moment.

I'm actually in my hotel room right now :D And yeah, that was pretty much my feeling during the game last night. Both at the lack of finish in the first period and the no show in the second.

I'm not sure they are knee jerk reactions. These feelings are often reiterated after a win. "We got lucky to come out with 2 points" or "I don't like that we won 7/8 games in OT" types of things are said a lot.

The problem is many of us aren't happy (me included) with the way we win a lot of games. We lack scoring, and it's frustrating. I have a lot of friends who are leafs fans, and despite a nearly identical record, are much happier with the team, because boy can they score and entertain (I know, it hurts.)

On top of this, bizarre coaching decisions compound the frustration. I'm happy Bergeron acquired Vanek. I like what it means. But I still don't think this team has what it takes with the way it is put together mixed with price and gorges out.

He kicked ass on faceoffs, scored only goal and was even +/- in game!!!

He is +2 for season while Alex is -11 and is only 20 years old with a lot to learn.

Well put sir.

+/- is dependent on line mates. Maxpac and galleghar are scoring. The turds like Bourque or grinders like Prust who Galchenyuk has been playing with are not.

I'm not sure they are knee jerk reactions. These feelings are often reiterated after a win. "We got lucky to come out with 2 points" or "I don't like that we won 7/8 games in OT" types of things are said a lot.

The problem is many of us aren't happy (me included) with the way we win a lot of games. We lack scoring, and it's frustrating. I have a lot of friends who are leafs fans, and despite a nearly identical record, are much happier with the team, because boy can they score and entertain (I know, it hurts.)

On top of this, bizarre coaching decisions compound the frustration. I'm happy Bergeron acquired Vanek. I like what it means. But I still don't think this team has what it takes with the way it is put together mixed with price and gorges out.

100% agree. We haven't won a game in regulation since February 8th. Friggin FEBRUARY 8th!!!

Vanek was only the second move by MB that i've been happy with (when the goalie coach change is the other one, that's not a great endorsement of MB).

Clearly Budaj is worn out.

He needs a vacation.

Call up DD and play Tokar.

Goalies can kill momentum.

Peter has done it a lot latley.

Tokar will be in for the 3rd and the Habs will score at least 2.

I so agree with you!!!! it sucks the wind out of you when your goalie can bail you out every now and then.

Truth is we played like the best team in the Atlantic in the first but just couldn't break one of the best goalies in the NHL. Then we had our usual second period meltdowns and aside from one pure garbage goal with some of our best players on the ice, there was zero recovery.

The worst part of it all for me is that when this team is on, it's just as good as the best teams in the league. But our ability to do that for three periods is not there. Our average play is held back by the coaching.

And Francis Bouillon was on the ice longer than everyone except the goalies, referees and linesmen.

100% agree. We haven't won a game in regulation since February 8th. Friggin FEBRUARY 8th!!!

Vanek was only the second move by MB that i've been happy with (when the goalie coach change is the other one, that's not a great endorsement of MB).

So you dont like Prust nor Murray?

Nor DD signing?

Galchenyuk, de la Rose, Thrower, Fucale etc drafting by MB?

Outstanding Win Loss record since he took over?

Me thinks your endorsement is lacking a bit of credibility.

What next, you think should toss in the towel, fire MB-Therian and try tanking i suppose? :blush:

Price and Pacioretty's contracts were signed by Bergevin and the Pacioretty one is especially genius. Five years of Patches at $4.5M per season. No clauses attached at all. Emelin doesn't have any clauses either.

Bergevin's worst moves have come from staff choices, with Waite and Dudley being the best of them.

If Bergevin decided to change the culture of the team it wouldn't be difficult in the summer. It ain't like in Vancouver where Alquini might keep Mike Gillis and John Torterella because's paying them $2M a year each for the next four years and doesn't want to fire them, pay them and then hire someone else. This team has considerable flexibility.

Habs had their chances to change the outcome early, hockey games go like that..... yeah Budaj isn't Price, and yeah, he wasn't Rask either. Yeah the lines and lineup sometimes don't make sense, but we are ok..... till next game :halm:. Would really like to see Vanek on with Patcioretty and DD, and let the Gally's play together, the rest, flip a coin like MT does.