A P.K. Subban (35)
PTS Thomas Vanek (54)
+/- Tomas Plekanec (+8)
PIMS Brandon Prust (112)
Injuries: Michael Bournival, Josh Gorges
Scratches: Rene Bourque, George Parros, Mike Weaver, Ryan White

Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST TV: RDS, CBC Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

I'd be happy if he left things alone for one game

Very much looking forward to see how these lines workout. Just hope M.T can leave things alone for a few games

• Upvote 1

I hadn't even look at the defensive pairings. Looks like Bouillon found more photos of MT with goat!

I still hate those defensive pairings, but the forwards look ok. Maybe we can finally have three offensive lines...

Chance of Carey being back in net.

With Price back in the net, it'll be interesting to see what happens. Apparently the "advanced stats" show that the Habs have been playing damned strong hockey lately despite a mediocre record. With our star goalie in the pipes, that should start translating into results. I just hope that Price is fully healed and not pushing it - he is clearly, along with Pleks and PK, the irreplaceable man on this roster.

That's why I don't put much stock in those stats.

With Price back in the net, it'll be interesting to see what happens. Apparently the "advanced stats" show that the Habs have been playing damned strong hockey lately despite a mediocre record. With our star goalie in the pipes, that should start translating into results. I just hope that Price is fully healed and not pushing it - he is clearly, along with Pleks and PK, the irreplaceable man on this roster.

Advanced stats say we are playing a strong game? Bullshat on the advanced stats..... only two stats that I see that are important, we can't score goals, and looking at the standings stats, we are in trouble. Look at the schedule ahead, it ain't pretty.... apparently, we indeed need Price to save us from falling out... the one line leafs have blown by us, and we seem to have the chemistry of a meth lab..... crazy train and the conductor is Therrien. It's hard to keep giving him the benefit of the doubt when the team is losing, but I do like these lines for tonight, other than the fact Briere and Gionta are still on the team.....maybe Cube will get less than 23 mins tonight...sheesh!

If we had a coach with a brain, Bouillon and Beaulieu would be swapping spots

Advanced stats say we are playing a strong game? Bullshat on the advanced stats..... only two stats that I see that are important, we can't score goals, and looking at the standings stats, we are in trouble. Look at the schedule ahead, it ain't pretty.... apparently, we indeed need Price to save us from falling out... the one line leafs have blown by us, and we seem to have the chemistry of a meth lab..... crazy train and the conductor is Therrien. It's hard to keep giving him the benefit of the doubt when the team is losing, but I do like these lines for tonight, other than the fact Briere and Gionta are still on the team.....maybe Cube will get less than 23 mins tonight...sheesh!

• Upvote 1

We finally traded for some offense, and didn't give up much. Now our coach says Vanek "Has to make adjustments to his game". As time goes by, I'm starting to believe Therrien isn't qualified to make that assessment. Meanwhile, D are continuously played on their wrong side.

D pairings are odd, it does not seem to make sense that a Norris winner is playing with bouillion.

Id do

Markov Subban

Emelin Weaver

Weaver is a smart strong defender and I think he an Emelin would be a pain in the ass for any line to play against, especially when they re both playing on their natural sides.

So much for MT being patient with the Vanek Plek combo as he said he would but it will at least be interesting to see how the staked top line will do and Briere does seem to be at his best with Plek and Geo. If the EGG line gets going this team could put up some points.

Yep, Vanek, like Subban, need to "make adjustments" to the Great Therrien's Vision of How the Game Should be Played. This is like asking some 5-star chef to take orders from the head chef at McDonald's.

• Upvote 1

Yep, Vanek, like Subban, need to "make adjustments" to the Great Therrien's Vision of How the Game Should be Played. This is like asking some 5-star chef to take orders from the head chef at McDonald's.

Ouch! It hurts me to say I'm starting to believe you and Retired29....

I like the Vanek, Max Pac, DD idea. With the E G G line finally back together we may have some scoring. I wonder if anyone took DD aside and introduced him to Vanek and explained in short sentences that he is on the Habs team and it is ok to pass to him?

I say :gohabsgo: but really I would like MT to go. Maybe to the ECHL.

Hey don't question MT here. He turned us around from our worst year then even the Houle years. MT is a genius. If MT says he should become a checker, then he must be right. As long as Price gets a shutout, it's great winning 1-0 in a shootout.

We finally traded for some offense, and didn't give up much. Now our coach says Vanek "Has to make adjustments to his game". As time goes by, I'm starting to believe Therrien isn't qualified to make that assessment. Meanwhile, D are continuously played on their wrong side.

Hey, I doubt if your beloved coach wants us to score 10 goals in 5 games, so I think 10-0 would be a stretch.

Hell, if he had Gretzky in his prime, he'd probably replace kurri with Mactavish, so Gretzky would be defensively responsible.

And also if the lines were exactly how you wanted them and they won 10-0, then maaaybe you'd be happy

I want to hear Prevost Linton. You can barely hear the crowd in the beginninh. Is MB trying to save money for the inevitable Bourque buyout?!

i want to see Bourque gone yesterday. But I'd rather offer someone Bourque and a 3rd for a 5th then use up cap space on a buyout. We already are stuck with Briere next year as well.

and of course Briere scores!

makes a big diff when you aren't on the 4th line!

:halm: Whoa, that was the Briere of les bonx vieux temps.

And a sweet hit by PK!!

I thought the anthem was great - the crowd was really into it, and all in French to boot. Hard not to see that as a big collective F.U. to the sovereignty push of Queen Pauline.