Mar. 15, Sens vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Sigh. I don't know what it is about the Sens. When they play us, everything seems to go their way.

Any time you completely own a team in the first period and come out tied, the odds tilt against you. Lehner was good, but it had more to do with the Habs not finishing. By contrast, the Sens have been "opportunistic" par excellence.

If we lose, it'll be a worrisome one, standings-wise.

They're playing pretty well, though. Just have to keep at it. I get a sense that if Vanek pots one the floodgates might open.

EDIT: GRRRR. That should do it. Obviously we should have traded for Hemsky not Vanek! :bonk:

• Upvote 1

This isn't just against the Sens. This has been happening a lot this year. Hell, that was pretty much the script against the bruins.

Sigh. I don't know what it is about the Sens. When they play us, everything seems to go their way.

Any time you completely own a team in the first period and come out tied, the odds tilt against you. Lehner was good, but it had more to do with the Habs not finishing. By contrast, the Sens have been "opportunistic" par excellence.

If we lose, it'll be a worrisome one, standings-wise.

They're playing pretty well, though. Just have to keep at it. I get a sense that if Vanek pots one the floodgates might open.

Well, Habs29, we can't have it both ways. If the Habs are outplaying teams and just not getting goals, then that isn't really Therrien's fault, or the fault of the system, or whatever. It's about the players not getting the damned job done. What I will say, though, is that defensive breakdowns have killed us tonight. It hasn't been vintage Price, but really - this business of putting defenders on the wrong side, of getting a hard-on every time Bouillon suits up, etc., could stand to stop.

What a pathetic bunch of dross this team is.

If you cant play hockey at this point of the season, then they dont deserve to be near the playoffs. At least if we miss, we get our 2nd round pick back.

And certainly that pick is used on a shifty winger under 5'11 from Quebec or Europe. Nothing ever changes...

Well, Habs29, we can't have it both ways. If the Habs are outplaying teams and just not getting goals, then that isn't really Therrien's fault, or the fault of the system, or whatever. It's about the players not getting the damned job done. What I will say, though, is that defensive breakdowns have killed us tonight. It hasn't been vintage Price, but really - this business of putting defenders on the wrong side, of getting a hard-on every time Bouillon suits up, etc., could stand to stop.

Not scoring on the PP is the coaches fault. The defensive breakdown's are a result of lousy defense pairings is coaching. The no shows in the 2nd are poor preparation that isn't being addressed. the "balanced" lines are a reason for lack of finish. Not playing your young skilled players more (i.e. Galchenyuk/Galleghar), is poor coaching. The third period/OT playing Gionta with Pleks while Galchenyuk/Gallagahar sit on the bench is poor coaching. The overall play not to lose approach and mindset is coaching.

• Upvote 1

Now, now - they played two strong periods and weren't rewarded. It's not unusual for the air to go out of the balloon under those circumstances.

Still, I'm NOT defending Therrien the Great, not by any means. His defensive pairings were dodgy and the D-zone coverage really broke down as the game wore on. One good thing that could come of a late-season sag is that it would open the door to a coach that doesn't think his mission in life is to "fix" superstars so they become more like Frankie Boo Boo.

Can we give up on Eller now? Jay-zus, what a sorry-assed excuse for a "promising young player" he is.

Watch Collberg blossom in the Islanders system.

From what I read, Collberg was one of our top offensive prospects, but I liked this deal, given the usual price for a guy like Vanek. If we gave up a 1st and Collberg, i'd be pissed, but this was an amazing deal. What hurt is that we also needed to solidify the D, or at least get the infusion in from Hamilton. Not upgrading the D and playing Bouillon over Beaulieu is moronic.

Now, now - they played two strong periods and weren't rewarded. It's not unusual for the air to go out of the balloon under those circumstances.

Still, I'm NOT defending Therrien the Great, not by any means. His defensive pairings were dodgy and the D-zone coverage really broke down as the game wore on. One good thing that could come of a late-season sag is that it would open the door to a coach that doesn't think his mission in life is to "fix" superstars so they become more like Frankie Boo Boo.

Can we give up on Eller now? Jay-zus, what a sorry-assed excuse for a "promising young player" he is.

Eller is a guy who will thrive soon as he is moved. That is entirely on MT. None of the young players has progressed under MT. Even Galchenyuk who's shown great flashes is being held back.

Guest Stogey24

Eller is a guy who will thrive soon as he is moved. That is entirely on MT. None of the young players has progressed under MT. Even Galchenyuk who's shown great flashes is being held back.

Besides Gallagher that's fairly true

Collberg isn't anything special and he is another midget.

Hopefully this epic collapse and not making the playoffs will open MB eyes to start getting size, strength and actual talent.

The only thing the core has proven is when the going gets tough, they vanish. It's been happening for a while. They have a lot of ufa's and some decent cap space at the end of the year. No excuse not to get bigger, faster, and some right handed D and a power forward.

• Upvote 1

Eller - that was a long time coming!

How can therrien possibly put Markov Emelin pair back out? Gotta have Subban Markov the rest of this game

even when we are losing, he plays what he THINKS is playing not to lose!

PP - need to score now!!! better take a timeout!

eller scoring and breaking the PP slump would be huge!