Mar. 15, Sens vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

I thought we signed him for 2 years, playoffs and REGULATION season. we're not paying him to just play in the playoffs. Whatever, though, i think i'm done responding to you.

Actually they don't pay him for the playoffs at all.

The bitterness on Ottawas side is high. Lots of complaiing about the reffing, which i can agree with, but bad calls on both sides all night

NO EXCUSES

There was a million defensive lapses. There wasn't much to be proud of in this game.

Au Contraire, my stodgy friend, the fact that the team didn't give up and kept battling to the final whistle is an important source of pride. I am extremely proud of the effort not withstanding the defensive lapses.

Regardless of the faults of the team, which I will leave to others to dissect, they are fighting scratching and clawing to get to the playoffs and may have just put a stake in the Sens playoff hopes in the bargin :-)

Now for Vanek to have a big game against the Sabres as the pumped Habs blow-out the listless Sabres.

GOOD MORNING!!

Actually watched the game to the end. Could've been 6-1 as well. The defence is still horribly coached. Enjoyed to see my fellow countryman Lehner pissed off though.

I'm still smiling this am! Gotta agree with the posters on the defense being horrible, but the 2 points helps:)

IllWill, it seems you are aptly named.... I do however agree the negativity gets old, but so does combating it every time you post. People are people man, not everyone has the good sense to smoke up or chill out.... :halm:

The debate about the defensive gaffes versus the incredible comeback reminds me of the best advice I ever got while wriitng my dissertation. My supervisor said, " It doesn't have to be perfect; it just has to be good enough".

I for one am happy to bask in the afterglow when the comeback was just good enough. Far better this result than a fine defensive effort that results in a one goal loss.

Some people on here seem to long for the perfect game or a return to the Habs domination of the '50's, 60's and 70's. Neither of these is going to happen anytime soon--if ever.

• Upvote 2

I just heard on cbc that Price is not travelling to Buffalo....

Therrien said that the plan was never to play him in both games this weekend.

Therrien said that the plan was never to play him in both games this weekend.

Yep the reports say he's out for more rest. Not really the injury.

gotta say guys, it might have been another OT game, but a comeback like that just has to do something good for the mind frame in the locker room. Such an awesome end. Don't care what people have to say about the reffing, the Habs still clawed their way back

We far we I'm concerned, the reffing last night still doesn't make up for last year's playoffs.

A win like that should get the boys going!

Yep the reports say he's out for more rest. Not really the injury.

gotta say guys, it might have been another OT game, but a comeback like that just has to do something good for the mind frame in the locker room. Such an awesome end. Don't care what people have to say about the reffing, the Habs still clawed their way back

Game of the Year. Best case scenario, they rally around this game. Worst case scenario, Frankie B for 16-23 straight games.

The new lines worked. They had chances all night. The minuses on the Kid Line are worrying though.

I smell some fines from the Senator's presser.

Loved the comeback, but hated that I had to wait 55 minutes to see anything positive from the Habs. MacLean's diving gesture when Markov drew the penalty was classless, I have lost any respect I had for the Walrus.

I was happy with the lines, and agreed with the RDS commentator's observation that the team has been well prepared in the last few games because they have come out flying in the first periods but that they were giving up after. To add to the critics of the coaching, I would say that Gallant is the one who is to blame since he's the one always talking to players when they come back to the bench. He is surely demotivating them and constantly criticizing any mistakes they make :crazy:

Bouillon and Subban have played together in the past, and they did fine before. I am not too worried about the defense combinations, I think there will be a lot of rotation of 3rd pairings and 4th lines until the playoffs to make sure everyone is in game shape going in.

As a HABs fan living in Ottawa, this game was just pure joy to watch. I hope is all uphill from here :D

I think that the Habs came out really strong in the first period and should have buried a bunch of chances but they didn't. Ottawa was able to capitalize on their fewer number of scoring chances. Price really only had a chance on the Smith goal, and other than that thought he played well. I felt he had an extra layer of confidence within him but yet also that this game didn't mean near as much as the last ones he played. The team showed heart and that's all you can ask from your players. MT probably had a chuckle with the boys afterwards and I'm sure the mood in the room is positive.

illWill I agree, jut to say, I am also surprised how p***d off some are, after a win.

For me, this team is not winning the cup this year unless Price stands on his head all playoffs. So I try to focus on the progress of the young core: PK, Price, Eller, Gally, Chucky, Patches, etc So this win is important because it will serve as a reference to these players to never give up, like the Rangers game years back, And to Eller and others to drive to the goal to score, like MT keeps telling them.

I still don't see Gionta, Bouillon and Weaver coming back next year; but it is not fair to be sooo critical of them when they actually delivered. It is one of those games they can remember next year, as they co over their career as a Hab; and as a fan, I want to enjoy that moment with these two heart and soul guys for the team (Gio, and Cube)

Now, on to Buffalo and Vanek's homecoming :)

Man, I turned the game off after the fourth Ottawa goal in order to get some grading done, only to realize that a comeback had happened! Luckily I got to catch the action on Canadiens Express. :thumbs_up: I thought Subban and - more quietly - Patches had great third periods. Pacioretty was reliably involved in chaos around the net. But as for Subban being named captain, well, dream on...

What's this about "regulation time wins?" Who gives a whoop whether you get your two points in regulation or in OT? On what planet is that an important part of the narrative, or some meaningful asterisk? THEY WON. Suck on that. As for Ottawa, that team has zero class. Zero. But Subban really seems to have it in for them ;)

This comeback reminds me of the 2008 5-goal comeback against the Rangers, another "hinge" game where the team looked into the abyss of sliding down the standings and responded with a tremendous (in that case, historic) surge. That game defined a magical season. I'd like to think this game will have a similar impact...but MT needs to get the defensive-zone coverage in order first. You can't go into the playoffs with those sorts of breakdowns.

The debate about the defensive gaffes versus the incredible comeback reminds me of the best advice I ever got while wriitng my dissertation. My supervisor said, " It doesn't have to be perfect; it just has to be good enough".

I for one am happy to bask in the afterglow when the comeback was just good enough. Far better this result than a fine defensive effort that results in a one goal loss.

Some people on here seem to long for the perfect game or a return to the Habs domination of the '50's, 60's and 70's. Neither of these is going to happen anytime soon--if ever.

:thumbs_up:

Well that was quite a game, being a glutton for punishment I watched right to the end, I thought it was over. But they kept digging and digging till the puck went in. It was nice to see us come out on the right side of the refs for a change. We have lost quite a few games

where the calls have gone the other way. I don't quite know why the Sens thought there should have been a whistle on the final goal. It wasn't frozen and the ref could see it. I guess they thought the rule was, if the puck hits the goalie and lays in the crease blow the whistle. Ottawa are a classless organization from the owner down through the coach and extending to the players. But they have a very good offensive team, I don't think Carey was on his game last night but the goals were all very tough shots. He was hung out to dry on at least 3 of them. Ok so Budds should be able to beat Buffalo and it would be very sweet if Vanek got a couple against his old buddies. He could have had a couple last night but just couldn't put one in, they will come. Way too many penalties in the second period. We really need to get the pp working again. The defence need to get back to blocking shots and not wandering around so much. Ok enuff rambling. :habslogo:

Loved the comeback, but hated that I had to wait 55 minutes to see anything positive from the Habs.

What game were you watching? The Habs had one of their best offensive periods in the first, and finished with almost 50 shots. This was nothing like the Detroit game from a couple weeks back where we only showed up at the end of the game.

The game at first felt like a repeat against Boston. Strong first period, embarrassing second period, third period they can't get back to how they played in the first.

The third period felt like I was watching 80s hockey again. So many breakaways. So many defensive collapses on both sides. Price was strong though, which makes me start to wonder if he plays better wounded.

That was an NHL record we saw last night folks. Never has a team scored three goals in the last five minutes of a game until now.

As for the officiating, I saw the puck near Lehner and Ceci at 3AM on CBC and after seeing Budaj get scored on after having what we thought was control of the puck, it's pretty clear that unless you hear a whistle you better collapse on that damn puck. No quarter for the Senators. Sure there were bad calls on both sides but it's funny how every goalie when they have a puck instinctively get up with it and skate away from the net while Lehner just thinks he has it near the post?

EGG line was really ugly defensively but I'm hearing they'll get a shot to redeem themselves against Buffalo. Good on Therrien if he keeps them together.

Again, we watched history folks.

That was an NHL record we saw last night folks. Never has a team scored three goals in the last five minutes of a game until now.

I believe it happened once in the playoffs years ago but it's a regular season record at least.

What game were you watching? The Habs had one of their best offensive periods in the first, and finished with almost 50 shots. This was nothing like the Detroit game from a couple weeks back where we only showed up at the end of the game.

Yes, they almost scored in the first and gave a great effort; bu I was so frustrated to watch them miss so many chances. It was a good game until they collapsed.