Mar. 15, Sens vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

now if can actually win in regulation!!!!

Vanek was quiet, it just takes a game like tonite's to change things on the bench and in the dressing room.

These guys are a superstitious bunch.

There was a million defensive lapses. There wasn't much to be proud of in this game.

nope - way too many giveaways and the defensive pairings sucked. But we needed the points and i'll take them. Now if Vanek can score in his return to Buffalo and we can get him going, it will be another step in the right direction.

I still would not have had Bouillon and Weaver on the OT. Hell I still don't think Bouillon belongs on the team.

Guest Stogey24

nope - way too many giveaways and the defensive pairings sucked. But we needed the points and i'll take them. Now if Vanek can score in his return to Buffalo and we can get him going, it will be another step in the right direction.

I still would not have had Bouillon and Weaver on the OT. Hell I still don't think Bouillon belongs on the team.

Yeah, some seriously questionable decisions with the defensive pairing. As you said though, we need the 2 pts

Ditto (with the exception of Eller), but I'll take the goals and the win. Having said that I still want Bouillon gone and don't want to resign Gionta. Briere I think we are stuck with.

Commentators were saying Briere should have had 3 in the first.

It also could be that Briere just might come alive in the playoffs. Quite a few of the vets know that its all about the playoffs. I'm hopin'.

As for the Cube, I remember that ballsy little great skater of a few years ago who would go to bat for his team mates and played just fine for us. God bless him. he may be near the end of the march, but I've got a big soft spot in my heart for this wonderful guy.

The Subban goal was still better - it was the playoffs.

Obviously

WE still haven't won in regulation since Feb 8th

Disregard the 3 week Olympic break to prove your point

There was a million defensive lapses. There wasn't much to be proud of in this game.

It was a wide open game, they happen. We came out on top, what else do you want?

Regardless of the break, it's still a fact. how many games is that now??? 9? 10? That's pretty ridiculous for a playoff team. Even the OT/shootout leafs have won convincingly in regulation since the olympics.

The Subban goal was still better - it was the playoffs.

Obviously

WE still haven't won in regulation since Feb 8th

Disregard the 3 week Olympic break to prove your point

It also could be that Briere just might come alive in the playoffs. Quite a few of the vets know that its all about the playoffs. I'm hopin'.

You can't fully judge a player until the entire season is finished. Many here are quick to trash the signing but it doesn't matter what he has done to this point, it matters what he does for the term he signed for.

You can't fully judge a player until the entire season is finished. Many here are quick to trash the signing but it doesn't matter what he has done to this point, it matters what he does for the term he signed for.

I thought we signed him for 2 years, playoffs and REGULATION season. we're not paying him to just play in the playoffs. Whatever, though, i think i'm done responding to you.

Looks like Price is still not 100%. He is staying in Montreal and won't be joining the team in Buffalo.

Ya I saw that. Hope its just to make sure that he is rested. They probably weren't going to start him in back to back games so why bring him with. He can stay in Montreal and continue to get whatever treatment hes been getting and be ready when Roy comes to town on Tuesday.

We were pretty loose on the back end, but going forward it was a good game. Lots of chances created, with the usual problem of finishing them.

Ya I saw that. Hope its just to make sure that he is rested. They probably weren't going to start him in back to back games so why bring him with. He can stay in Montreal and continue to get whatever treatment hes been getting and be ready when Roy comes to town on Tuesday.

I don't mind that he's not playing back to back - regardless of how badly we need him, because we NEED him to be 100% in the playoffs. Rather take a precautions now than lose him like we did last year. But it does worry me. There's been a lot of cloak of secrecy (understandable), but nevertheless is still worrisome.

Regardless of the break, it's still a fact. how many games is that now??? 9? 10? That's pretty ridiculous for a playoff team. Even the OT/shootout leafs have won convincingly in regulation since the olympics.

You could learn a thing or two if you read up on sample sizes and probability. As well as smoking a joint and chilling out

You could learn a thing or two if you read up on sample sizes and probability. As well as smoking a joint and chilling out

By that logic, all statistics are irrelevant in hockey. 82-110 games max is a very small sample size in the stats world. Ovechkin only has 40+ goals in 70 games after all. Not enough of a sample size delineate a trend.

The bitterness on Ottawas side is high. Lots of complaiing about the reffing, which i can agree with, but bad calls on both sides all night

I think they let everything go in the playoffs in the name of self awareness. They know they suck.

Epic comeback win ! our 3 smallest players with the lead-cutter, tying and GWG goals. Great resiliency.

I noticed one of the broadcasters say at 4-2 that this game is far from over. It was that type of game

illWill? Give it up, makes you look bad.

I thought we signed him for 2 years, playoffs and REGULATION season. we're not paying him to just play in the playoffs. Whatever, though, i think i'm done responding to you.

Well the list of habs fans ignoring him is growing. I have ignored his dribblings for quite some time now.

What's that? Going against the grain of the majority here who like to be negative about everything?

It just get's old quickly. Constantly quoting someone. I'd prefer to read what you're thinking. Carry on. Any Hab fan is a friend of mine, even the negative ones.

Well the list of habs fans ignoring him is growing. I have ignored his dribblings for quite some time now.

Says the guy who wanted to dump Markov for what would have ended up being a second rounder and a crappy prospect at best. I hope the Habs go deep and you eat every word you spoke about that

It just get's old quickly. Constantly quoting someone. I'd prefer to read what you're thinking. Carry on. Any Hab fan is a friend of mine, even the negative ones.

That is fair. I guess what I'm thinking most of the time is why everyone is always so negative, even during the good times. But if there isn't much point in addressing that, I will try to alter my posts accordingly.

I think that the Habs came out really strong in the first period and should have buried a bunch of chances but they didn't. Ottawa was able to capitalize on their fewer number of scoring chances. Price really only had a chance on the Smith goal, and other than that thought he played well. I felt he had an extra layer of confidence within him but yet also that this game didn't mean near as much as the last ones he played. The team showed heart and that's all you can ask from your players. MT probably had a chuckle with the boys afterwards and I'm sure the mood in the room is positive.