Mar. 16, Habs vs Sabres, 7 PM

dlbalr

Is it just me or does Briere seem lazy? He seems to rely on the "Gretzky hook" a lot. He does find the open man decent enough if he moves his feet to get space, maybe he will be a welcome addition at some point in a playoff game.... I think we should sign Tokarski.....

And really.. Bouillon with more ice time than everyone but Subban again.. I know they were partner but come on. What team can excel with bouillon in the top pairing?

In a game where Buffalo never really looked in it (the Habs weren't playing well but they weren't either), I can live with that since it meant that Markov was a couple of minutes below his season average. Besides, Bouillon having not played much lately has fresher legs, might as well take advantage of it while you can.

Now, the big question becomes what do you do with Tokarski? Obviously he goes down tomorrow with Price starting Tuesday but do you bring him up in a couple of weeks for a spot start?

• Upvote 1

The past three games have been a different Habs team. We've been outshooting our opponents. When we shoot is more interesting to me though.

Shots in first period vs. Boston: 14

Shots in first period vs. Ottawa: 17

Shots in first period vs. Buffalo: 13

Shots in second period vs. Boston: 13

Shots in second period vs. Ottawa: 9 (Ottawa: 16)

Shots in second period vs. Buffalo: 13

Shots in third period vs. Boston: 9 (Boston: 13)

Shots in third period vs. Ottawa: 19

Shots in third period vs. Buffalo: 6 (Buffalo: 11)

We consistently shoot a ton of shots in the first. Against Buffalo and Boston we still kept the shots up. In the third against Boston and Buffalo we slacked while against Ottawa we absolutely bombed them. The game against Buffalo was an example of how if Montreal can reign fire on a team in the first, they can take the game in the first. Other games not so much.

Guest Stogey24

In a game where Buffalo never really looked in it (the Habs weren't playing well but they weren't either), I can live with that since it meant that Markov was a couple of minutes below his season average. Besides, Bouillon having not played much lately has fresher legs, might as well take advantage of it while you can.

Now, the big question becomes what do you do with Tokarski? Obviously he goes down tomorrow with Price starting Tuesday but do you bring him up in a couple of weeks for a spot start?

In my eyes Markov has been invisible these past few games. I would give Tokarski the start against Colorado.

The past three games have been a different Habs team. We've been outshooting our opponents. When we shoot is more interesting to me though.

Shots in first period vs. Boston: 14

Shots in first period vs. Ottawa: 17

Shots in first period vs. Buffalo: 13

Shots in second period vs. Boston: 13

Shots in second period vs. Ottawa: 9 (Ottawa: 16)

Shots in second period vs. Buffalo: 13

Shots in third period vs. Boston: 9 (Boston: 13)

Shots in third period vs. Ottawa: 19

Shots in third period vs. Buffalo: 6 (Buffalo: 11)

We consistently shoot a ton of shots in the first. Against Buffalo and Boston we still kept the shots up. In the third against Boston and Buffalo we slacked while against Ottawa we absolutely bombed them. The game against Buffalo was an example of how if Montreal can reign fire on a team in the first, they can take the game in the first. Other games not so much.

That's good news. Coming out on fire was a big part of our success last year.