Habs vs Leafs, March 22

Neech

Definitely not our best game but we got the important 2 points and gave us a bit of separation from the leafs. Bourque looked good tonight. Drove hard to the net a couple times. Is it just me or is Vanek really slow?

It was really nice to see Bourque respond well after the benching. 6 shots (8 attempts) with a goal and an assist in under 12 minutes of ice time. That's more like it from him.

With Eller down, the question will be who takes his place - White or Bournival (who will rejoin the team tomorrow...heck, if he gets out of Hamilton quick enough, he might make the team flight back).

Do Weaver or Bouillon sit? They made two mistakes leading to two goals. I'd like to see Tinordi get another bite at the apple.

I thought Murray looked worse than both of them.

Which is why I'd like to get the kids in for as many games as possible. I'll take inexperienced skill and potential, over experienced slow, bumbling and weak defencemen.

Out of the six defensemen in the lineup, five of them are terrible in their own zone. Price is going to have one hell of performance for this team to win one round in the playoffs.

Get Tinordi and Beaulieu in... Rest Eller for a few games...

I believe the defense is better with Tinordi and Beau in the top 4.... Young, inexperienced, but better...

I believe the defense is better with Tinordi and Beau in the top 4.... Young, inexperienced, but better...

Absolutely, Bouilion, Murray and Weaver gave me anxiety attacks all night.... It's just quite impossible to make more mistakes than those 3 clowns.

Don't speak French, but had to watch the 3rd on RDS to get the Huson and Healy comments out of my head, atrocious play by play and color commentary. Price stops Kessel on the breakaway and all they can say is what a nice pick up off the skate Kessel made to go in alone, and not one word or replay about the save, CBC coverage is soooo bad it's comical ... but it's always so sweet to beat the Leafs isn't it?

I think the Leafs should just hire Cherry for coach next season :halm:

During the intermission of the Flames/Oilers game: " You got your big 5 in the mix for the Norris voting, Keith, Weber, Doughty, Suter, Chara. You can't see anybody beating them out for the award. Then there's Kronwall, Vlasic, Pietrolangelo, Ekman-Larson and Giordano. It would be nice for the reigning Norris trophy winner to get a little sniff of credit on CBC.

Big win for the Habs tonite!!!!

Woo hoo.

Solid game for Price tonite. But man the D seems slow and turnover prone. Just about threw up when I saw Bouillon had almost 9 minutes of icetime in the 1st period. Not saying I want Murray taking those minutes tho. We will see if Bouillon is sat next game after his terrible turnover on the 2nd leafs goal.

I also would rather see Tinordi and Beauleau in the lineup over Murray and Bouillon. Really don't know why Beaulieu is not up with the big club cause I thought he was playing really well before the all star break.

It wasn't pretty but our boys got the two points and in regulation on top of that. Added bonus, the Losers don't get any points!!!

Like I was saying, it's an ugly win, but a win nonetheless. Carey was good (once again). I agree that I would rather see Tinordi and Beaulieu out there instead of Bouillon, Murray and Weaver!

Habs were lucky to win tonight. Reimer let in some bad goals. This defense needs work.

Subban Emelin

Markov Tinordi

Booboo weaver

I would rather see Beaulieu instead of the train wreck BooBoo!!!!

During the intermission of the Flames/Oilers game: " You got your big 5 in the mix for the Norris voting, Keith, Weber, Doughty, Suter, Chara. You can't see anybody beating them out for the award. Then there's Kronwall, Vlasic, Pietrolangelo, Ekman-Larson and Giordano. It would be nice for the reigning Norris trophy winner to get a little sniff of credit on CBC.

I made the mistake of switching from RDS to CBC at end; but, was just in time to hear Healy basically pining, 'Leafs better team and deserved to of won'! :cry_smile:

F*-# I laughed and that was just extra special topping to Habwin. :hyper:

And poor leafs, odds dropped from 60 - 42.2% of making playoffs, which is just more gravy to victory.

Very bright morning.

Guest Stogey24

Absolutely, Bouilion, Murray and Weaver gave me anxiety attacks all night.... It's just quite impossible to make more mistakes than those 3 clowns.

Don't speak French, but had to watch the 3rd on RDS to get the Huson and Healy comments out of my head, atrocious play by play and color commentary. Price stops Kessel on the breakaway and all they can say is what a nice pick up off the skate Kessel made to go in alone, and not one word or replay about the save, CBC coverage is soooo bad it's comical ... but it's always so sweet to beat the Leafs isn't it?

I think the Leafs should just hire Cherry for coach next season :halm:

LOL, I had to watch it on RDS too. CBC is leafs T.V. It's almost comical how biased they are. I was actually getting pissed Off.

Guest Stogey24

I would rather see Beaulieu instead of the train wreck BooBoo!!!!

Bouillion isn't skilled enough to be playing top lines. This is one major problem with Therrien. He picks and chooses his favourite players. We need another top four D-man.

Geez, another top-4 defender would make us contenders for sure. All season I've basically said that we need this plus a top winger. Vanek tics that box. So the D is that last element that needs fixin'.

Guest Stogey24

Geez, another top-4 defender would make us contenders for sure. All season I've basically said that we need this plus a top winger. Vanek tics that box. So the D is that last element that needs fixin'.

I feel like Montreal always picks up other teams scrap d-men. I completely agree with you for sure though. If Montreal had of acquired someone like Kulilkov or a player along those lines who will help us in the future too, we'd be set right now. It's nice to have depth, but quantity doesn't equal quality here.