Game 3, Lightning vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Kerry showed a number of examples where the same rule was used this season to disallow goals.

The refs have a simple rule... Did Price get a chance to reset after the contact...if yes, goal...if no, no goal.

The ref was watching...the contact took Price out of the play where all he could do was lunge across the crease. Had he not been knocked down by a player in the crease, that goal would never have gone in as Price would have easily stopped it.

I have yet to hear a ref or former ref complain about this goal, just CBC clowns who have been Tampa homers since game one.

Where is the outrage at Stamkos hitting from behind? The Montreal goal called off because the ref blew the whistle even though Tampa never controlled the puck? The phantom call on Briere?

The fact is Montreal has outplayed these guys for three straight games. That is why they are up 3-0.

• Upvote 1

Kerry showed a number of examples where the same rule was used this season to disallow goals.

The refs have a simple rule... Did Price get a chance to reset after the contact...if yes, goal...if no, no goal.

The ref was watching...the contact took Price out of the play where all he could do was lunge across the crease. Had he not been knocked down by a player in the crease, that goal would never have gone in as Price would have easily stopped it.

I have yet to hear a ref or former ref complain about this goal, just CBC clowns who have been Tampa homers since game one.

Where is the outrage at Stamkos hitting from behind? The Montreal goal called off because the ref blew the whistle even though Tampa never controlled the puck? The phantom call on Briere?

The fact is Montreal has outplayed these guys for three straight games. That is why they are up 3-0.

Here Here.

i was at the game, directly behind Habs penalty box. You could probably see my beer on tv. Attending a game in this city is something I wish you could all experience, especially during the playoffs. When Ginette Reno sang the anthem, i really couldn't say if she did a proper job, i could barely hear her. That's how loud we were singing it with her. i don't have much to say about the game. Aside from Stamkos, Tampa doesn't have much. The woman I brought to the game giggled at how small Gionta and Desharnais are. They actually seem smaller live, but they're both a treat to watch. I laugh at Leaf fan even more now, the one's who don't like the Ole chant. You get caught up in the atmosphere. you can't help yourself. I expect round 2 to be much tougher, if we make it. Tampa sure could use Martin St. Louis.

You a lucky man.

Emelin taking puck to the net, Plekanec's excitement on his goal and pre-game show all stand out.

3-0 lead must be pretty safe, but sure hope they can finish them tomorrow (and the rest of east teams duke it out for 7 games).

Some people say we were lucky to win that game, the diallowed goal, the stamkos offside call. Well I could less if we win by luck, skill, cheating or whatever we have to do SO LONG AS WE WIN. Hell, if we win the cup I would call for MT to get another 3 year contract. Eating crow is easy when you are winning babay.

If he has to speak French Guy Boucher.

If he doesn't Barry Trotz ( long tearm deal)

Guy Boucher implemented one of the most boring and non-offensive traps in Tampa since NJ bored their entire fan base years ago. He was washed out by Tampa.

I can't think of any style worse for our team's current players.

You a lucky man.
Thanks "Rocket" Richard. I paid face value for the pair. I won't get into details, but I had a rough 2013, health wise. Lucky to be here, and I just turned 43. So I've changed my approach to life. Gotta LIVE.

In case someone missed it :

That was a truly amazing display. I don't know how they did it exactly but I don't think it was cheap. Molson paid big for that one. Sure puts the SEnator thing to shame don't it?

Thanks "Rocket" Richard. I paid face value for the pair. I won't get into details, but I had a rough 2013, health wise. Lucky to be here, and I just turned 43. So I've changed my approach to life. Gotta LIVE.

Good for you. :clap: :clap:

Well, I'm pleased to hear referees like Maclean and Fraser defending that call.

Ex-referee Stéphane Auger also agreed with the Call. He was on RDS last night explaining the rule.

(My favourite Price moment was him leisurely skating to the bench to "fix" his equipment when his gassed teammates needed a time out :halm:I love the fact that the crowd applauded this patently fraudulent act; what a classic Montreal hockey moment)

Amen..that was a classic moment, and the fans were right to applaud him for the move!

Have a great 43rd year then bud!

Great series played so far, I agree with the line of thought that we have had some horrible calls against us for years now, and that's hockey. Tampa doesn't really deserve a better fate, we have outplayed them all but a few minutes this series and are full value for the 3-0 lead. Our depth, and skill, and work ethic has got us here, and Therrien is doing a fine job so far at least...

i was at the game, directly behind Habs penalty box. You could probably see my beer on tv. Attending a game in this city is something I wish you could all experience, especially during the playoffs. When Ginette Reno sang the anthem, i really couldn't say if she did a proper job, i could barely hear her. That's how loud we were singing it with her. i don't have much to say about the game. Aside from Stamkos, Tampa doesn't have much. The woman I brought to the game giggled at how small Gionta and Desharnais are. They actually seem smaller live, but they're both a treat to watch. I laugh at Leaf fan even more now, the one's who don't like the Ole chant. You get caught up in the atmosphere. you can't help yourself. I expect round 2 to be much tougher, if we make it. Tampa sure could use Martin St. Louis.

What a wonderful thing. Nothing much better than a good spirited crowd loving their sport and their team... I just love Montreal and Montrealers. I'm blind to their faults. .... and I hope they return the favor....

Guest Stogey24

If Bourque stays hot tonight he should be rotated on the top line. At his moment in time he's a power forward, but don't blink.

Let us not forget this call that went against us last year:

http://i.imgur.com/fWhuRpe.gif

I don't feel bad whatsoever if we get a call our way

I don't feel bad if a thousand calls go our way. People are going to make every excuse regardless as to why Montreal is winning and not losing. Let the excuses roll on. Let people believe in a huge conspiracy. Who cares? All that matters is the ring.

Like I've said before, the Habs have had more than their share of BS to endure over the past 15 years, starting with cataclysmic, long-term injuries to our two key players (Koivu and Markov) that crippled the team's prospects; and you can toss in "minor" issues like the clotheslining of a super-hot Zednik, the gouging out of Koivu's eyeball, and the attempted murder of Pacioretty if you like. As for calls, I take the view that they even out over time. Finally - besides all that - I'm with Machine. I don't care HOW we win. Not one whit.

The issue for me is less that people concoct a "conspiracy" than that they have an almost obsessive urge to discount any achievement by the Montreal Canadiens. After 1986, we had to hear about how that was one of the worst teams ever to win the Cup. After 1993, we had to hear exactly the same thing about that team - a barefaced lie that has since become conventional wisdom. In 2010 we heard all about how Halak single-handedly took the team to the Semi-Finals, and never mind that the Habs had basically pioneered the collapse-around-the-net-and-block-shots method that became de rigeur for years thereafter, and competed shift for shift against Pittsburgh in particular.

No team wins without getting breaks along the way. But only the Habs have to put up with this kind of ongoing dismissal of team accomplishments. So, y'know, screw 'em all. And GO HABS GOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

I would care if a Hab, pulled a Matt Cooke and took out Stamkos or other vital player, with a gutless knee.

And I still agree was totally blown calls by refs and Callahan goal should of counted/Stamkos breakaway, which did take some shine off 3rd straight win.

But still the goals set up by Subban and Plekanec's had nothing to do with refs and I will take the win.

A sweep would be awesome and just hope they can outwork Tampa once again and light up Lightning goalies!

It is mostly the uneducated and/or biased that have their opinions against the Habs. Perhaps because Montreal is the only Canadian team in the spotlight this year, I have noticed many fringe hockey fans actually complimenting this current Habs team. People are actually watching the games and forming their own opinion, rather than following the anti-Hab movement like sheep. Of course there always will be haters out there that will never give credit where it is due. I've said it numerous times, this current Hab team is the best that we have seen in a long time.

DON, you make a good point. When I say "I don't care how we win, just that we win," I am emphatically not including Seabrook-hits-Backes. Clarke-on-Kharlamov kind of stuff, which has zero place in the game as far as I'm concerned. Good point there.

After 1986, we had to hear about how that was one of the worst teams ever to win the Cup. After 1993, we had to hear exactly the same thing about that team - a barefaced lie that has since become conventional wisdom.

86 was interesting in retrospect. Basically all of the favourites got taken out early. Philly was supposed to repeat to the finals (they did get back to the finals in 87) but they got bounced in semi-finals by New York. The Leafs had the worst record to make the playoffs (57 points!) and they beat the Chicago Blackhawks three games to two, despite the Blackhawks 86 points. In comes the second round where two more favourites get bounced in the Washington Capitals and the Edmonton Oilers. The Oilers of course were the "dynasty" and getting bounced broke their attempt at three straight (had they won in 86, they would have had five straight). By the Conference Finals, not a single team in had 90 points in their season. In the end, everyone was just angry they never predicted the finals. But in comes 89 where Montreal and Calgary both lead their respective Conferences and goto the finals. So it's pretty clear both teams weren't flukes.

93 is aggravating when people say it was one of the worst teams to win the Cup. You want to see one of the worst teams to win the Cup? The 1995 New Jersey Devils are your team. Again people thought it was an inevitability that the back to back Cup champs were going to win and instead they got bounced in the second round. Another favourite in the Chicago Blackhawks were swept by the St. Louis Blues. Oh, and the expected Wales conference final of Boston vs. Pittsburgh? Boston got swept by Buffalo! So again, it wasn't about the "worst team to win the cup" but it was that the best teams in the regular season were pretenders to the cup. The Conference champs couldn't beat the weakest teams in their Conference. That says nothing about Montreal and everything about those teams.

I would care if a Hab, pulled a Matt Cooke and took out Stamkos or other vital player, with a gutless knee.

I would hope that we do not have that type of player on our team and I don't believe we do. Yes I agree there limits, even when I want to win at all costs.