Peter Budaj

Team Leaders
G Bourque/Gallagher (3)
A P.K. Subban (5)
PTS Eller/Gallagher/Subban (5)
+/- Bouillon/Weaver (+5)
PIMS Brandon Prust (9)
Injuries: Alex Galchenyuk
Scratches: Michael Bournival, Douglas Murray, George Parros, Jarred Tinordi, Ryan White

Boston Bruins (4-1-0)

Projected Lineup

extralarge.png

Milan Lucic - David Krejci - Jarome Iginla
Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Reilly Smith
Justin Florek - Carl Soderberg - Loui Eriksson
Daniel Paille - Gregory Campbell - Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara - Dougie Hamilton
Matt Bartkowski - Johnny Boychuk
Torey Krug - Kevan Miller

Tuukka Rask
Chad Johnson

Team Leaders
G Milan Lucic (3)
A Bergeron/Krug (4)
PTS Bergeron/Krug (5)
+/- 4 tied with (+3)
PIMS Brad Marchand (8)
Injuries: Chris Kelly, Adam McQuaid, Marc Savard, Dennis Seidenberg
Scratches: Jordan Caron, Andrej Meszaros, Corey Potter

Puck Drop: 7:30 PM EST TV: RDS, CBC, NBCSN Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

I can't wait for the puck drop tonight! Go Habs Go!!!

At last, the game is here.....and i have rugby club dinner tonight and an early start to my son's hockey tournament on Friday.

The 2:00am start is going to hurt, but sacrifices must be made. :crazy:

Consider me one fan who is pretty damn happy about the afternoon game!

If Price plays well and the boys have their compete level at the same intensity as in the Bolts series we win

Go Habs Go :habslogo::1gohabs::habslogo:

Guest Stogey24

Bourque led the team and series in shots with 22 (5.5 per game) while having another 16 attempts miss the net or get blocked. That’s 38 total attempts in four games. He also led the team in hits. Pretty impressive. I really hope he can follow up!

Well Vanek the 'Bruin-Killer', time to do it when it actually matters!

I would prefer Murray or Tinordi would replace Frankie, but what do I know.

Too bad Bournival is out, I think most fans really like his play, but Moan is a smart call.

Can Pacioretty-Vanek get hot at same time, would be a huge bonus if they can shread Rask's confidence early on.

Really worried about Game One. The layoff seems like an eternity, and I fret that Les Boys - none of whom have ANY experience with such playoff layoffs - will come out with their edges blunted.

Conversely, if we do come out flying and sharp, then I really think we'll be in for a monster series and quite possibly a long run. This team surprised me with their readiness against Tampa, and if they do it again in Game One, we'll have no choice but to conclude that these guys really mean business. That won't guarantee a series victory against one of the very best teams in hockey, but it will mean that we'll be full value right to the final buzzer, whatever the result.

Shake off the rust guys and GIT-R-DONE.................

Lots of traffic in front of Rask and if ya happen to "bump" him without getting called DO IT!

So, Tony Marinaro of TSN 690 called up a diving club in Boston, and he asked them if Brad Marchand was a student there!!! :) Apparently some idiots at a Boston radio sports talk show got a wiff of this and went berserk, Calling Marinaro a "prick" and other choice words!

Thought it was pretty funny!

Just goes to show that not only the Bruins players have a tendency of letting the Habs get under their skin, but so do the Boston fans!

So, Tony Marinaro of TSN 690 called up a diving club in Boston, and he asked them if Brad Marchand was a student there!!! :) Apparently some idiots at a Boston radio sports talk show got a wiff of this and went berserk, Calling Marinaro a "prick" and other choice words!

Thought it was pretty funny!

Just goes to show that not only the Bruins players have a tendency of letting the Habs get under their skin, but so do the Boston fans!

Thats Hilarious! Wish I'd thought of it....

If I were Therrien....

"Hey Parros go out there and fall awkwardly on Chara's leg"

-instant series win

Habs have one mission: skate like the bejeezus and keep up the incredible puck support that overwhelmed Tampa. Even that ape Chara will be hard-pressed if we attack with relentless speed.

We need Vanek at his best Patches and DD will be there. We need Bourque and Eller to continue with playing REAL hockey. Price will be the superstar he is. One more afternnon nap and lets get ready to rumble. :hyper::gohabsgo::habslogo:

Don't get into trouble with Lucic or Chara.

Last thing we need is an injured Gallagher/Emelin/Subban.

Oh, and please, score the damn first goal guys !!!

:halm::gohabsgo::halm:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/04/30/bruins-canadiens-nhl-playoff-rivalry-renews-thursday-amid-embellishment-and-flopping-charges/NKtX5qo1MKkZfRRXjMwv8O/story.html

Wow, this series quickly got embarrassing for the Boston media.

"In a sport based on mano-a-mano physicality, the Bruins are all of that: tough, gritty, punishing hitters, stalwart defenders. The Canadiens? They flop at the slightest contact; they provoke fights and skate away. The opponent gets called for penalties, and Montreal benefits."

I've been hearing this for ten years. On some level it is embarrassing, not just to the people who believe it, but for the people who pay for the newspapers and have to read this garbage.

Boston have a lot of sour grapes for a team that's had nothing but great success in the last five years. Believe me, there are reasons I moved away from that area.

First, I don't see where the Habs are extraordinary egregious divers. Maybe they are and I'm just not seeing it...but I doubt they're worse than 99% of other teams, including the Bruins, who have one of the very worst divers in the game in Marchand.

But secondly, on what planet is diving a more despicable sin than, say, deliberately breaking a young man's back and coming within an inch of killing him by driving his face into a steel post, or deliberately attempting to castrate not just one, but two players? The whole logic is so absurd it scarcely warrants comment. What's unfortunate is that this self-proclaimed "old school" logic is all too prevalent in the NHL. Commit attempted murder? Sure, "hockey play." Exaggerate to get a call? OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I find eternally funny is that the Bruins should be touting themselves as bigger and stronger and say the Habs don't dive, the Boston Bruins just crush them with checks and cause them to fly all over the ice. Instead they decide to run the rhetoric that they hit pretty soft and Habs are "diving" to get calls out of their soft hits.

Because it can't be both. Boston can't be crushing Montreal but Montreal is selling it for penalty calls.

The whole point of "they dive" is because diving is disrespectful. It's dishonourable to try to "draw" a call. So it gives the Bruins some sort of moral high ground. The problem with moral high grounds is nobody cares when you lose four games in a series. You're out. Better luck next year.

What I find eternally funny is that the Bruins should be touting themselves as bigger and stronger and say the Habs don't dive, the Boston Bruins just crush them with checks and cause them to fly all over the ice. Instead they decide to run the rhetoric that they hit pretty soft and Habs are "diving" to get calls out of their soft hits.

Because it can't be both. Boston can't be crushing Montreal but Montreal is selling it for penalty calls.

The whole point of "they dive" is because diving is disrespectful. It's dishonourable to try to "draw" a call. So it gives the Bruins some sort of moral high ground. The problem with moral high grounds is nobody cares when you lose four games in a series. You're out. Better luck next year.

They (PC and CJ) even bristle when it's suggested that the Habs are the faster team. They're really sensitive, and if the Habs beat them in this series, the whining is going to be unbelievable. They think they're perfect. Let's see how Smith-Bergeron-Paille and Krug-Bartkowski look against Vanek-Desh-Pacioretty and Subban-Gorges. There are serious match-ups in this series to exploit, the question is if MT can do that.

Can this series just start already?!

They should make a new level in Dante's inferno where you wait an eternity for Bruins-Habs to start, and are forced to read shitty Boston narratives about diving, and have the mainstream media give MTL no credit or chance whatsoever.

Should be an awesome game. No pressure on the Habs, one win in Boston would be sufficient success.

I know Therrien loves his veterans, Bouillion in particular but I sure would like to see Tinordi or Beaulieu on that bottom pairing instead. I'v really liked everything I've seen from Beaulieu this year.

Should be an awesome game. No pressure on the Habs, one win in Boston would be sufficient success.

I know Therrien loves his veterans, Bouillion in particular but I sure would like to see Tinordi or Beaulieu on that bottom pairing instead. I'v really liked everything I've seen from Beaulieu this year.

Agreed. As much as I love Frankie Boo for everything he's done for this team, I'd would have liked to see Tinordi on that bottom pair!