Game 1, Habs vs Bruins, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Too much so I suppose mon ami. Le Compte de Monte Cristo!! En francais! Formidable!!

I am fortunate that my family .. with limited success.. certainly encouraged me to "celebrate"..overused term.. our bilingual success story in Canada. Montreal is for me the quintessentially Canadian city in this regard. We really do have a pretty danged good thing going in Canada. I'll count our blessings including of course..... :habslogo::quebec::canada:

Yeah now if we could just get the bigots out of it.I'm looking at you Don Cherry. :D:habslogo:

On the cross-check, I think the Habs are playing it exactly right. By never retaliating, we are putting all the onus on the refs, and I'm betting that if we keep that up, we will remove all the usual excuses not to make the calls against the Bruins. Basically we are shaming the refs into doing their damned job. That will work in our favour as the series progresses IF we can keep it up.

Tell that to Daniel Sedin.

But in all seriousness I do think that staying away from the stuff after the whistle is smart.

Problem with Vanek is.. he's here to play hockey. That was his first Habs-Bruins playoff game in Beantown. It's too much of an emotional investment. Same with him at the Olympics. Hopefully he takes the demotion personal and nuts up. Maybe this core of Habs can teach HIM something. I kinda wish the Wild would have gotten eliminated to perhaps tip the scale for us if any. All that to say.. I hope Vanek can invest some emotion and passion.. that's what its gonna take! Can't just coast on skill until Minneapolis....

Carey & PK. Team Canada connection. Carey was out of this world. Felt like I was watching Ed Belfour - Chicago style.. Im happy PK celebrated that goal like he's scored one before. Awesome sign.

Im not surprised about Lars. When Vanek came in, every line got THAT much better.

Bourque looking more like Iggy than Iggy.. ILLLL take it. Good for him and I hope they keep going in. Rask is MEGA weak 5 hole.

GALCHENYUK! This guy is now a NON factor and ace in the sleeve. Bournival, Tinordi in the wings. Very exciting times...

Habs in 5.

The biggest surprise so far in these series is the emergence of Rene Bourque and Lars Eller. Who would have expected their contribution so far? Simply incredible.

Ya..from Dork Bourke to "Bourkey".

and dear Lars!!

Problem with Vanek is.. he's here to play hockey. That was his first Habs-Bruins playoff game in Beantown. It's too much of an emotional investment. Same with him at the Olympics. Hopefully he takes the demotion personal and nuts up. Maybe this core of Habs can teach HIM something. I kinda wish the Wild would have gotten eliminated to perhaps tip the scale for us if any. All that to say.. I hope Vanek can invest some emotion and passion.. that's what its gonna take! Can't just coast on skill until Minneapolis....

Carey & PK. Team Canada connection. Carey was out of this world. Felt like I was watching Ed Belfour - Chicago style.. Im happy PK celebrated that goal like he's scored one before. Awesome sign.

Im not surprised about Lars. When Vanek came in, every line got THAT much better.

Bourque looking more like Iggy than Iggy.. ILLLL take it. Good for him and I hope they keep going in. Rask is MEGA weak 5 hole.

GALCHENYUK! This guy is now a NON factor and ace in the sleeve. Bournival, Tinordi in the wings. Very exciting times...

Habs in 5.

That's the spirit! Too many fans are afraid of making the wrong predictions, I have no problem saying I have the Habs in six. I think that's going to be our worst game, and once they got going, that's the best i've seen Boston play.

Habs in 5.

A poster on another site, citing some very short and fast shifts with no wincing or signs of injury, suggested a flu bug or something similar.

Makes sense.

That's the spirit! Too many fans are afraid of making the wrong predictions, I have no problem saying I have the Habs in six. I think that's going to be our worst game, and once they got going, that's the best i've seen Boston play.

I feel so inadequate........ some of us are just clueless.

That's why we admire your ballsy prognostications!!

Lead on!

:clap:

A poster on another site, citing some very short and fast shifts with no wincing or signs of injury, suggested a flu bug or something similar.

Makes sense.

I wondered if maybe he was under the weather, I mean they are not going to let it out, but he says he is fine just not playing well. I really want him to get his act together.

For the record, staying positive:

Every team has some classless fans. But every team has some classy ones, too.

BmmsrmpCIAIHkH_.jpg

We love the game for the same reason, even if we cheer for different sweaters.

Edited by Jeff Price (no relation)

That was a really crucial victory.

If the Habs lose the game, it sets up a must-win in the second game, less than 36 hours away.

I like how the "rest" factor is in our favor with the short turnaround. Guys like Lucic, Chara, etc will be gassed by the third period.

Wtf was up with the "finger gun salute" by Boychuk? He has five fingers; one finger for each goal he scores in a calendar year. And Krug, what a bunch of losers. "Hey, we're on home ice, and we're playing catchup in game 1, let's dance!" That reminds me of the late 90's New England Patriots.

I have zero problems with those goal celebrations....

What I do have a problem with is that if Subban or Ovechkin or some other player not deemed to be a good ol boy were to do the same celebration they would be ridiculed and strung up for it.

For the record, staying positive:

Every team has some classless fans. But every team has some classy ones, too.

BmmsrmpCIAIHkH_.jpg

We love the game for the same reason, even if we cheer for different sweaters.

can't be classy has a lucic t shirt ;)

can't be classy has a lucic t shirt ;)

I want to debate this. I'm having a hard time finding a way.

Lucic used to just irritate me. Then he went on his ball-spearing spree this season. Okay, he's still not as bad as Chara, but damn...it doesn't get much less sportsmanlike than that.

At one point yesterday, I thought that Habs line were just like the ones we used to use in HWL during the playoffs.

Lines that nobody has ever seen before !!!

:1banana:

I feel so inadequate........ some of us are just clueless.

That's why we admire your ballsy prognostications!!

Lead on!

:clap:

I live in Montreal near a bird sanctuary and saw 2 blackhawks for the first time last week..

..If I were a shaman (albeit I did have my peace pipe!) Habs Hawks Final..

• Upvote 1

I live in Montreal near a bird sanctuary and saw 2 blackhawks for the first time last week..

..If I were a shaman (albeit I did have my peace pipe!) Habs Hawks Final..

Hahahahah! Shamon us if we don't make it! :rofl:

Hahahahah! Shamon us if we don't make it! :rofl:

pff ff ff

Sooo ugh.. Bruins fans think Jerome Iginla isssss.. Mexican?

Poor Malcolm in the middle..

Guest Stogey24

pff ff ff

lol, no doubt.

pff ff ff

Igingla's not Mexican??!

When did he switch?