Canadiens vs Boston Game #5 May 10th 7PM est

DON

Got the dog and sorry to say, that is extent of my technical skills.

Doubt Budaj will draw back in.

Prust may be good to go?

Who will be the #6 d-man seems hottest topic, my guess Bouillon is back in for game 5.

Puppy_Dog_Eyes_by_Drocan.jpg

This thread must remain at the top. Stay positive. Habs are progressively improving overall play with every game. Big W tomorrow. Patches will find the twine and be the hero. Go Habs go.

lets see, habs visor? check. Number 27 Habs jersey? check. case of beer? check. Ok looks like I am ready for the game. Pulling out all the stops.

lets see, habs visor? check. Number 27 Habs jersey? check. case of beer? check. Ok looks like I am ready for the game. Pulling out all the stops.

Dug out an old Shayne Corson jersey eh? :D

Habs can use all the puck-luck they can get.

Should be a entertaining game and hope Habs simply lay a whoopin on em.

Dug out an old Shayne Corson jersey eh? :D

Habs can use all the puck-luck they can get.

Should be a entertaining game and hope Habs simply lay a whoopin on em.

Nope no Corson for me. It's my Kovalev Jersey and it's an away one can't wear it when they are at home. Hoping to imbue Vanek with som Kovalev at his best. Man could stickhandle in a phone booth. The beer is the important part, oh and the bottle of vodka if the really bad thing happens. :) But it can't we have the pug and everything.

I don't know if I'm an optimist or a pessimist - but I think the series is going 7 regardless of who wins tonight. whoever loses game 5 will find it within themselves to win game 6 (or the game 5 victor won't have what it takes to close out the series)

I know this isn't great insight - but Habs winning game 7 depends on MaxPac ... it's time for the hot streak (warm would do)

2 penalties to BOS the past two games, nonsense, but the Habs can't win on special teams alone. Price has been the better goalie, and imo the Habs have the better defense in the series.

No one really noticed, and I don't have an exact count, but aside from the masterful Subban play, I didn't notice any odd man rushes. Definitely, there were no breakaways. I thought the Bruins, with their passive 1-2-2 trap were playing not to lose. The Habs have cleared the crease, a crucial adjustment, they were getting smoked on the Bruins cycle, and they were over matched like crazy the first two games in Boston.

The series score is 11-11, and at this point, the Bruins can't rely on crazy bounces, and the Habs can't rely on Bourque, Subban and the power play to click at 40%.

I don't think the Bruins are going to sit back, they're at home, and they want to win. They have last change, Therrien would be wise to double shift Vanek and Pacioretty to get some favorable match ups.

Murray, I hope he is out, but I still prefer him to Bouillon. The big boys need to get going, they can count on a solid game from Price, but one or two goals won't do the job.

Guest Stogey24

2 penalties to BOS the past two games, nonsense, but the Habs can't win on special teams alone. Price has been the better goalie, and imo the Habs have the better defense in the series.

No one really noticed, and I don't have an exact count, but aside from the masterful Subban play, I didn't notice any odd man rushes. Definitely, there were no breakaways. I thought the Bruins, with their passive 1-2-2 trap were playing not to lose. The Habs have cleared the crease, a crucial adjustment, they were getting smoked on the Bruins cycle, and they were over matched like crazy the first two games in Boston.

The series score is 11-11, and at this point, the Bruins can't rely on crazy bounces, and the Habs can't rely on Bourque, Subban and the power play to click at 40%.

I don't think the Bruins are going to sit back, they're at home, and they want to win. They have last change, Therrien would be wise to double shift Vanek and Pacioretty to get some favorable match ups.

Murray, I hope he is out, but I still prefer him to Bouillon. The big boys need to get going, they can count on a solid game from Price, but one or two goals won't do the job.

Who's Pacioretty?

Who's Pacioretty?

He was the guy who sucked and was to be traded by many in Oct/Nov, but got hot and had an OK season and is just a 'bit' cold at present, so he is due and could get hot anytime.

Regrettably, last chance has been very significant in this series. When the Bruins had it, they were pretty clearly the better team. When they didn't, it was more or less even.

Hopefully MT has some answers and our big guns can fire it up.

Regrettably, last chance has been very significant in this series. When the Bruins had it, they were pretty clearly the better team. When they didn't, it was more or less even.

Hopefully MT has some answers and our big guns can fire it up.

Last chance? :)

"Last chance?" Assuming you're not just punning :monkey: I would not accept a narrative of doom even if we lose this game. I remember Dryden writing about losing a game 5, being down 3-2, and everybody suddenly writing/talking as though the series was over, the Habs' little run was finished. The same thing happened in 2011 if memory serves - yet thanks to PK we took those pr*cks to OT of Game Seven. No. If we lose tonight, we roll up our sleeves and win Game 6. That's all.

• Upvote 1

Prust in, Briere out. That's a bit of a gamble...

don't like the move, but if he is only going to play 6 minutes, does it really matter? I'm more concerned with the bottom pairing D than the 4th line.

If anything, it may wake Briere up for game 6. Where is the point plus a game playoff player we all hoped for?

GO HABS GO!

Prust in, Briere out. That's a bit of a gamble...

Because we all know Prust would have scored Thursday night!

If Therrien is only going to play Briere 8 minutes a night, why not?

I'm guessing Murray is in as well. Bring the shovels-time to build a fox hole in front of Price.

If anything, it may wake Briere up for game 6. Where is the point plus a game playoff player we all hoped for?

GO HABS GO!

washed up as expected.

don't like the move, but if he is only going to play 6 minutes, does it really matter? I'm more concerned with the bottom pairing D than the 4th line.

I don't expect there to be a change on D tonight, I think Murray stays in.

Why not have white centre fourth line?

There are some on Twitter claiming it's White in though the reputable ones are saying Prust. White hasn't played in a month so rust could be a concern.

I can understand that refs are loathe to be seen as deciding a series, but really.. at the end of the day, this is a sports event not modern warfare. Clear penalties must be called, or do you just field goons.

Guest Stogey24

There are some on Twitter claiming it's White in though the reputable ones are saying Prust. White hasn't played in a month so rust could be a concern.

Seeing Prust in the fews games he was in concerns me more.