Canadiens vs Boston Game #5 May 10th 7PM est

DON

Nice post, habs rule! I do think MT is guilty of dodgy decisions tonight. I hate it when a coach thinks himself into knots. And his team seemed lacklustre; he's gotta wear that.

I kinda get it, and don't know enough about coaching to have much of value to say, but I think and players have agreed that MT has had the team playing with a lot of confidence. I think he's been pretty good. I can't second guess his lineup.. and love Honey Boo Boo, but the boys came out just great in this game.. as good as I've seen all series.

It's hard to recover in Boston from 32 seconds from hell.

THe same slump we felt in our bones, was the identical slump le gang felt in theirs, and coaches ordinarily can only stem the flow somewhat.

We're down on Pleks and he's been phenomenal , his penalties being pretty much reflexive reactions. Everybody has their gloves up protecting their faces and pushing the other guy. Bad luck on the stick on the second call in particular.

I was happy to see the penalties being called.. except for the BS phantom on Pacman of course.

Very tough to be a ref, and they have to wrestle with their first rush of emotional intensity when they think they see a call and have to make a split second judgment. I think the call following Pac's call was ok, but seemed a make-up for the bad one against us.

Can we win this series?

Damnded right we can.

Will we?

God knows.. but He ain't talk'n despite being the biggest Habs fan. :hyper:

Excellent logic. Regardless if we are the best team in the world or not, you don't want the Captain back, who has been a warrior. Even if he drinks from Lord Stanley's Cup, it's adios amigo, I want some new tall player blood!

Sparkling.. ice chippy.. reparti, mon ami.

We fans are awful funny creatures when it comes to valuing and appreciating our chevaliers on the world stage.

We value them for the way they make us feel when they succeed and dump'em like yesterday's news for the latest dream optimizer.

But for a freaky rebound off the glass in the game before we could easily have been coming into the Toronto?!? Dominion centre to the most nervous bunch of brownshirts imaginable, up an unthinkable 3-1.

Lest we forget as we say Nov 11th.

Well, loss was partly my fault, with very weak GDT, even Neech's poor Pug couldn't help. :blush:

So gotta ask, why even show up to play/watch game #6?

Cause if win #6 you know will just get to lose #7, which is worse.

Because the Bruins are much better team, have superior coaching staff, ton of playoff experience, are bigger/tougher/smarter, don't dress a Murray and have a proven goalie, screw it mail it in.

21,273 will waste good $$ to see their team get manhandled and sent golfing.

Jeepers..it is just hopeless, does NHL maybe allow teams to concede games to avoid embarrassment.

Or possibly just sing the anthems and line up to shake hands, get it over quick-like.

Word of the day.

fick·le (fĭk′əl)

adj.
Characterized by erratic changeableness or instability, especially with regard to affections or attachments; capricious.

And...our nominee for post of the post season goes to our pugilistic pugmeister Donny baby!!

And we wonder why the team took it so hard in Boston!

Good reminder that OUR job is to be good fans.

We have a shot. We've earned it.

We could easily have been up 3-1 coming into the last game.

God bless Les Glorieux in their gutsy battles ahead.

We can snooze after the games have been played.

We've already shown we can beat Boston in Boston.

Odd thing about statistics and 'records'. As in physics, they don't capture the nature of the objects being quantified, but only the past insofar as measurable.

We are les Canadiens de Montreal, the greatest city in North America.

Quantify THAT!

The Ghosts never sleep.

The Ghosts come to play.

I am a bit confused about putting Prust in over Briere. My only guess is that Briere is not that great defensively. The boys need a big game Monday.

I'm pretty sure 90% of the hockey community is confused about the move. Especially when you consider everyone knows Prust is playing with multiple injuries. I'm not a huge Briere fan but the way he has been treated by Therrien this year has been embaressing. Giving one of your best playoff performers 6-8 minutes a game is pretty sad especially when he's set up 2 game winners and has outplayed the no 1 center getting prime minutes.

Well let's shake that one off. It is a new day and the sun came up. I wasn't sure it was going to after game. :)

We can still win this series, we have the tools, Ok we got the biggest tool in hockey coaching the team but set that aside. CC is right you go with the ones that brung ya. So put boo boo back in kick murray to the curb. Put the number 1 line back together. Put Briere on line 2 and lets go get a forking win. Anything can happen in Game 7. This is still our series to win dammit.

Now :gohabsgo: :gohabsgo: :gohabsgo:

I dont thin much of Eklund but when he's right What can you say?

"Yeh, the NHL world is a buzz about this one. It is rare to hear so many people and talk to other NHL coaches who are openly questioning the motives of Michel Therrien and calling into question why he would take a personal stance over what is better for his team. First limiting Briere, his best playoffs scorer's ice time to almost nothing, then scratching Briere in a huge game. I spoke to players in the Montreal room, not named Briere, who are equally upset and baffled by the decision.

Danny is a very popular player and has been very good in his incredibly limited minutes in the playoffs. His assists in this series both leading to the two Habs victories. These sort of shenanigans happened in Pittsburgh as well during their run to the Final as Therrien took his own personal agendas....and eventually Crosby stepped up and Therrien was gone after the season.

As you all know, the Habs are my second favorite team and I really felt they had a chance in this round, but now Therrien has essentially lost them two games in the series. Hard to overcome stupid mistakes against a team as good as the Bruins."

Well let's shake that one off. It is a new day and the sun came up. I wasn't sure it was going to after game. :)

We can still win this series, we have the tools, Ok we got the biggest tool in hockey coaching the team but set that aside. CC is right you go with the ones that brung ya. So put boo boo back in kick murray to the curb. Put the number 1 line back together. Put Briere on line 2 and lets go get a forking win. Anything can happen in Game 7. This is still our series to win dammit.

Now :gohabsgo: :gohabsgo: :gohabsgo:

Frankly, I don't think the Bruins are as good as everyone thinks they are. They benefited from a very weak Eastern conference. They are a solid team, but not a great team. I think IF that idiot coach of ours doesn't go Stupid again and try to get us to play the bruins game, we can win this series.

That means not playing Murrey and Prust and trying to out hit the bruins. That also means using our SKILL and SPEED to frustrate the bruins.

I'm not one to criticize but the thing that baffles me the most out of all the decisions which have been made is the treatment of the Vanek Patches DD line. Therrien has never really given that line a chance 5 on 5 in this series and then once a powerplay hits he uses them together. In this specific case, I'm a believer that having the same line 5 on 5 and on the powerplay would pay dividends. "So you're frustrating our line 5 on 5? Well we just got a power play to finally put one in and shut you up". Instead it's a "Let's use this powerplay time to try and re-find the solid chemistry we had together a few weeks ago. Looks like our 45 seconds are up, maybe next time."

I understand spreading the talent across the board, but I'm inclined to think I would seriously reunite the Vanek Patches DD line as well. I think we can still have 4 solid lines even with that line together.

I'm not one to criticize but the thing that baffles me the most out of all the decisions which have been made is the treatment of the Vanek Patches DD line. Therrien has never really given that line a chance 5 on 5 in this series and then once a powerplay hits he uses them together. In this specific case, I'm a believer that having the same line 5 on 5 and on the powerplay would pay dividends. "So you're frustrating our line 5 on 5? Well we just got a power play to finally put one in and shut you up". Instead it's a "Let's use this powerplay time to try and re-find the solid chemistry we had together a few weeks ago. Looks like our 45 seconds are up, maybe next time."

I understand spreading the talent across the board, but I'm inclined to think I would seriously reunite the Vanek Patches DD line as well. I think we can still have 4 solid lines even with that line together.

my point exactly and put very eloquently sir. :)

I kinda get it, and don't know enough about coaching to have much of value to say, but I think and players have agreed that MT has had the team playing with a lot of confidence. I think he's been pretty good. I can't second guess his lineup.. and love Honey Boo Boo, but the boys came out just great in this game.. as good as I've seen all series.

It's hard to recover in Boston from 32 seconds from hell.

THe same slump we felt in our bones, was the identical slump le gang felt in theirs, and coaches ordinarily can only stem the flow somewhat.

We're down on Pleks and he's been phenomenal , his penalties being pretty much reflexive reactions. Everybody has their gloves up protecting their faces and pushing the other guy. Bad luck on the stick on the second call in particular.

I was happy to see the penalties being called.. except for the BS phantom on Pacman of course.

Very tough to be a ref, and they have to wrestle with their first rush of emotional intensity when they think they see a call and have to make a split second judgment. I think the call following Pac's call was ok, but seemed a make-up for the bad one against us.

Can we win this series?

Damnded right we can.

Will we?

God knows.. but He ain't talk'n despite being the biggest Habs fan. :hyper:

I like your thinking sir.

I don't recall any bad calls by refs and agree they have a tough job, with owners changing their minds on what they want called from month to month.

Would be such a sweet comeback if can pull it off.

I dont thin much of Eklund but when he's right What can you say?

"Yeh, the NHL world is a buzz about this one. It is rare to hear so many people and talk to other NHL coaches who are openly questioning the motives of Michel Therrien and calling into question why he would take a personal stance over what is better for his team. First limiting Briere, his best playoffs scorer's ice time to almost nothing, then scratching Briere in a huge game. I spoke to players in the Montreal room, not named Briere, who are equally upset and baffled by the decision.

Danny is a very popular player and has been very good in his incredibly limited minutes in the playoffs. His assists in this series both leading to the two Habs victories. These sort of shenanigans happened in Pittsburgh as well during their run to the Final as Therrien took his own personal agendas....and eventually Crosby stepped up and Therrien was gone after the season.

As you all know, the Habs are my second favorite team and I really felt they had a chance in this round, but now Therrien has essentially lost them two games in the series. Hard to overcome stupid mistakes against a team as good as the Bruins."

:popcorn:

For those who like historical stats:

In the last 5 Boston vs Montreal matchups, the Bruins have held a 3-2 series lead in all of them. The Habs have won Game 6 in all of those series.

Time for a new moniker:

Flying Frenchman-Exit stage left

Game 6 Boyz-Step right up!

For those who like historical stats:

In the last 5 Boston vs Montreal matchups, the Bruins have held a 3-2 series lead in all of them. The Habs have won Game 6 in all of those series.

I thought price's rookie year we were leading. Bad memory I guess.

Why even look at the Boston Herald?

Didn't think was too over the top and likely better than CBC commentary.

Winner of Game 5s win 80% of series.

But, just win game today, make em sweat a bit and rewrite Tuesday morning headlines.

It all means crapola we win tonight we win the next game and away we go.

Yes.

If that happened, would mean I will need a restocking of hefeweizen for semi-finals!

I don't know if I'm an optimist or a pessimist - but I think the series is going 7 regardless of who wins tonight. whoever loses game 5 will find it within themselves to win game 6 (or the game 5 victor won't have what it takes to close out the series)

I know this isn't great insight - but Habs winning game 7 depends on MaxPac ... it's time for the hot streak (warm would do)

i make a zillion predictions - yes - i'm tooting my own horn ... it's one of the only times i've been correct!!!

• Upvote 1