Canadiens vs Boston Game #5 May 10th 7PM est

DON

Julien has made adjustments to the PK in particular. Just as we have neutralized the Bruins' ability to frustrate our break-outs, now the Bruins have made modifications to neutralize our PP.

The trouble is, this adjustments aren't instantaneous, either by MT or Julien. It seems to be a matter of extensively reviewing tape. If MT can crack the nut before the game is over, we'll be lucky.

The point is, to me, that we need to find other strengths. Pleks and Patches have had good chances. That's what we need more of, offence from guys the Bruins have so far frustrated.

Well we have had 3 powerplays so far and haven't looked goon on them at all. They better start playing or else were headed back to Montreal one down

Interesting period. Classic playoff hockey in that coaching adjustments keep changing the narrative. First it was, "Boston stifles Montreal breakouts." Then it was "Subban and Habs PP have Bruins reeling." Now it's "struggling Montreal PP give Boston the edge."

I agree that Briere or Beaulieu would have helped, at least marginally. But I still say it's gonna be up to the Patches and Vaneks to frigging deliver.

Therien is going to lose this for us. Time to bring in the best coach regardless of language.

Like that would ever happen...this franchise seems content to handicap itself with the language crap and the midget fetish.

• Upvote 1

When does Vanek see time on the top line? He hasn't done jack with Plekanec all year. Make Hamilton defend him and Bergeron skate with them.

Agreed...it's time to mix up the top 2 lines.

RDS guys radiating pessimism. Brunet wants a stronger neutral-zone game, identifying that as a key. That's a good point, because the F**kers laid some brutal hits on the D that period partly because of steaming in through the neutral zone.

We are coming back. I just know it. If for no other reason than that fing clown cherry needs to be pissed off by another Habs win.

GO FORKING HABS GO :gohabsgo: :gohabsgo: :gohabsgo: :gohabsgo:

What are tou guys on Murray again for? That goal was on Pleks, he needed to take 2 strides to get it deep and change, he didn't cost them a goal. That with 2 dumb penalties he has the hat trick,

Where did the offense go? DD and Pacs have been invisible.

The Habs don't seem to be skating or fore checking tonight.

Brunet is on fire. He is making exactly the point I've been making...Murray, Prust, these guys are NOT the problem. The problem is that Vanek, Patches, and even DD have done exactly zero in this series. When your stars are sucking ass, it makes no sense to obsess over what the marginal role-players are doing.

EDIT: That moron The Blueberry having an orgasm over Minnesota's surprising performance. Ah well. At least his suits look better than Cherry's.

• Upvote 1

Can we do any more Boston stuff here.....?

We are coming back. I just know it. If for no other reason than that fing clown cherry needs to be pissed off by another Habs win.

GO FORKING HABS GO :gohabsgo: :gohabsgo: :gohabsgo: :gohabsgo:

That's good enough for me!!

Guest Stogey24

Brunet is on fire. He is making exactly the point I've been making...Murray, Prust, these guys are NOT the problem. The problem is that Vanek, Patches, and even DD have done exactly zero in this series. When your stars are sucking ass, it makes no sense to obsess over what the marginal role-players are doing.

EDIT: That moron The Blueberry having an orgasm over Minnesota's surprising performance. Ah well. At least his suits look better than Cherry's.

Your role players need to step up in these situations like they did against Tampa.

In a way, it's hard to get too pissed off at Patches or Vanek. They're matched up against Bergeron, possibly THE best shut-down line in the game. What troubled me was how little they did in Montreal. If they can't deliver when WE have the match-up, that's ominous. I really want #67 to score, because he's such a "floodgates" guy - if he bags one, it won't stop at one.

Stogey, what I'm saying is the series is shifting. Eller/Borque are cooling off as they were destined to do. PK and Markov are being increasingly pressured by a Boston team that has recognized that Subban is the ONLY Hab they have not really been able to contain. The PP is struggling suddenly. All these things were, in a way, predictable, because patterns seldom stay unchanged during a long series. The team that wins is the team that can find new answers. For us, those new answers need to have names like Vanek, Patches, or even Pleks IMHO. Unfortunate that Briere sat, because of all our bottom-end players he has the most potential to come from nowhere and surprise.

Murray is doing exactly what heis paid to do. He is not the problem.

He is a step behind the Bruin cycling the puck more often than not...a disaster waiting to happen. The high potential of a problem is enough to make me wonder "why"

How is subban not out thar entire power play?

Considering he nearly turned it over for a breakaway in the neutral zone on a no look cross-ice pass and then failed to keep the puck in the zone leading to a 2-on-1, there was no way he was playing the full PP. His turnover on the PP before that also led to a penalty which didn't help his case.