May 29th, Habs @ Rangers 8 PM

Tough loss since we couldn't generate any offense. While we're going to blame player x/y have to give credit to the Rangers they played a hell of a defensive game today. I would've liked to see us make adjustments especially on the PP as the game went along but it just didn't happen.

Overall can't take away from the major accomplishment and step forward this was. Our young players got some major experience, a few players sort of redeemed themselves after poorish regular season, and most of all Marc Bergevin got a nice long look at this team in the playoffs and should be well prepared going into the offseason.

While I consider the last time we were in the ECF somewhat Fluky this one has me confident that if we play our cards right we can take the division.

If any player to get scored against I'm happy its Moore. Loved him on the Habs and he's been through a lot

Definitely hurts losing but we had a good year and Tokarski played great. Can't win if the team doesn't show up though

The guys left it all on the ice this year.. I don't think we have much at all to complain about and I know they were all bustin their butts out there tonight against a super motivated team that played a great game.

A different bounce on the near goal and we might be looking at one more game.. but t'was not to be.

My thanks to all you guys for all the great comments and friendship this year, which multiplied the happiness many times over.

Cheers. :clap:

• Upvote 2

well, that was tough to take. But frankly the guys didn't show up tonight. Still, it was a great run, regardless how bad it was for my blood pressure. hopefully, we can learn from this an go further next year!!

This will be a good learning experience for Subban, Galllaghar, Galchenyuk, Eller, Beaulieu, DD, MaxPac. It's too bad MT didn't get Tinordi and Beaulieu in more during the season and Tinordi in the lineup. I'd rather have him in there than see Bouillon in again for another goal winning goal against. Weisse was a relegation and hopefully, he doesn't have lasting concussion problems. How stupid was it for letting him finish the last game???

As for our veteran leaders like Pleks, Gionta, Prust, Moen and Bouillon I hope you have played your last games for the habs. In the case of Pleks, hopefully, we get a good return. Bourque thanks for the goals during the playoff run and salvaging your trade value, I hope you are gone.

Markov, is a guy who along with Koivu was the lone bright spot for so long - but this year, it really was hard for me not to be pissed off at him, regardless how much of a fan i've been. At least it wasn't because of a lack of effort - you could see he was trying. Trying to play a physical game, now that the finesse is no longer there.

Breire, I hope Buffalo wants you back, because you are clearly not Mr. Clutch anymore.

The only sad thing about this run, is MT will be returning next year.

• Upvote 1

The guys left it all on the ice this year.. I don't think we have much at all to complain about and I know they were all bustin their butts out there tonight against a super motivated team that played a great game.

A different bounce on the near goal and we might be looking at one more game.. but t'was not to be.

My thanks to all you guys for all the great comments and friendship this year, which multiplied the happiness many times over.

You are a great poster here on habsworld with a superb personality.

Atm I cant take this kind of optimism and happiness but maybe in a few days I can enjoy the season as well.

Have a great summer and enjoy the finals.

This is his greatest fault: stubborn sonofabutch who plays favorites. He simply won't demote his 'pets' or change tactics....and it's stupid.

Bingo!! Given ho crappy we were defensively, how much of a difference would it have made if Tinordi was given more of a chance, so he would have been ready to step in for Emelin?? How much more prepared would Beaulieu have been if he was given a chance to play at least half of the last 15 or 20 games of the year???

How stupid was it not giving Eller more time on the PP, or giving him a long look with Galchenyuk, rather than wasting Galchenyuk with Pleks and Gionta???

Superstar performance from Subban when he had some legs. Price arrived in glory. Stoparski was marvelous. Lots of terrific , clutch hockey from les Boys and we owe them for a great season.

And we beat the freekin' Booins ONE MORE TIME.. HAHA HEE HEE!

• Upvote 1

I don't know how you stay so positive after a tough loss like this, on a night where for the most part, the boys didn't show up. But i gotta hand it to you for still being happy with the great run the team gave us. It's going to take me a few days or weeks to get over this one. The Halak run was easier to get over, since i really didn't think we were good enough. This time it was much tougher. I honestly think that had we deployed the players differently, this team could have won. The Vanek trade i think was a big boast to the team and a vote of confidence by MB to the players. This one hurts. By far the best habs team since 1993. hard to believe it was 21 friggin years ago.

• Upvote 1

Therrien's getting an extension. You people wanting him gone are dreaming.

Im not dreaming that I want him gone... I want him gone and thats a fact. But your might be right here and that is more like a nightmare.

Therrien's getting an extension. You people wanting him gone are dreaming.

Not dreaming, just pissed at the fact.

You are a great poster here on habsworld with a superb personality.

Atm I cant take this kind of optimism and happiness but maybe in a few days I can enjoy the season as well.

Have a great summer and enjoy the finals.

Why thank you Dallhabs for your kind words. The insights and depth of perspective from so many here, including yourself really help me a great deal and being able to share our disappointments and great triumphs has been very enjoyable, a second family. Cheers my friend.

• Upvote 1

Therien will never lead them to the cup. His teams are always good but never good enough. Get used to it for 3 more years. Can you believe what we saw tonight. Garbage. No imagination behind the bench. 13 shots after 2 periods and he does nothing to change it up in the third. A peewee coach would try to change the lines at least.

well, that was tough to take. But frankly the guys didn't show up tonight.

This will be a good learning experience for Subban, Galllaghar, Galchenyuk, Eller, Beaulieu, DD, MaxPac. It's too bad MT didn't get Tinordi and Beaulieu in more during the season and Tinordi in the lineup. I'd rather have him in there than see Bouillon in again for another goal winning goal against. Weisse was a relegation and hopefully, he doesn't have lasting concussion problems. How stupid was it for letting him finish the last game???

As for our veteran leaders like Pleks, Gionta, Prust, Moen and Bouillon I hope you have played your last games for the habs. In the case of Pleks, hopefully, we get a good return. Bourque thanks for the goals during the playoff run and salvaging your trade value, I hope you are gone.

Markov, i guy who along with Koivu was the lone bright spot for so long, really made it tough for me not to be pissed off at him, regardless how much of a fan i've been. At least it wasn't because of a lack of effort - you could see he was trying. Trying to play a physical game, now that the finesse is no longer there.

Breire, I hope Buffalo wants you back, because you are clearly not Mr. Clutch anymore.

The only sad thing about this run, is MT will be returning next year.

Pretty good summary. It is sort of sad to see what Markov has become. Apart from two stunning games against Boston, he's like Ali in his last few bouts. His point shot seems to have completely disappeared as a scoring threat and you just don't see the savvy passes anymore. As for the other vets, I wouldn't go for a wholesale purge necessarily, but they ultimately weren't good enough - there's no denying that. (Then again, it's not like the Rangers' vets were particularly impressive either).

Should we resign Markov? Is there a younger top-4 UFA we could sign who could bring a quicker game? We need to get out of this situation where every team's game plan is to forecheck the hell out of our D, knowing they can be hemmed in fairly easily. Maybe it's time to turn the page on ol' 79.

It's been a great run and succeeded in announcing to the league that we are a team on the cusp of big things. As many have observed, the learning experience for our young core has been huge and that will pay dividends down the line. Unfortunately this is bright future not a fait accompli by any means - there are still significant holes in the organization, especially at the wing; and the Rags exposed a clear need to improve the D. A full season of Beaulieu may help the latter, but will that be enough? MB is going to have to make a number of important decisions, and he's going to have to decide correctly, if this core is to fulfil its promise.

Finally: kudos to the Rangers and especially Alain Vigneault, who solidified his position among the NHL's elite coaches in my mind with an absolutely superb defensive performance tonight. They're not a great team, but they are extremely well-coached, they've bought in 100%, and and they have good depth all through the lineup. They're worthy Finalists.

I don't know how you stay so positive after a tough loss like this, on a night where for the most part, the boys didn't show up. But i gotta hand it to you for still being happy with the great run the team gave us. It's going to take me a few days or weeks to get over this one. The Halak run was easier to get over, since i really didn't think we were good enough. This time it was much tougher. I honestly think that had we deployed the players differently, this team could have won. The Vanek trade i think was a big boast to the team and a vote of confidence by MB to the players. This one hurts. By far the best habs team since 1993. hard to believe it was 21 friggin years ago.

Oh I feel it too Habs29RETIRED no mistake, but ..what isn't there , just isn't there for all the myriad reasons that apply, and what was, was , was pretty darned good. I LOVED whuppin' the crown princes from Beantown.

I played tennis yesterday.. and I noticed the dumb , low percentage moves I made when I was spent.. I think this explains a lot... no gas left in the tank.

And it did for sure hope, but what a marvelous dance probably with a wounded Vanek who sparked the whole team, the whole city.

A long, long , long season for les Boys and God grant them a happy restful summer and newly charged batteries next year.

For perspective.. on the news.. the last evidence of the famous lost plane may have been the bar fridge on a tanker.

Thanks for all the great contributions this year H29R. They helped me have a better season with you guys.

Cheers amigo

A good season has just ended. A few players have to go. I have named them before. We have to give a chance to our young players. Next season will be interesting. Have a good summer guys!

What the hell am I reading here? This team wasn't "supposed" to make the playoffs, let alone make it to game 6 of the Eastern final. Those throwing them under the bus didn't mind the ride all the way here so why don't you shut up and appreciate the run that we went on. We were beat fair and square, time to tip your hat and stop blaming people.

• Upvote 1

Pretty good summary. It is sort of sad to see what Markov has become. Apart from two stunning games against Boston, he's like Ali in his last few bouts. His point shot seems to have completely disappeared as a scoring threat and you just don't see the savvy passes anymore. As for the other vets, I wouldn't go for a wholesale purge necessarily, but they ultimately weren't good enough - there's no denying that. (Then again, it's not like the Rangers' vets were particularly impressive either).

Should we resign Markov? Is there a younger top-4 UFA we could sign who could bring a quicker game? We need to get out of this situation where every team's game plan is to forecheck the hell out of our D, knowing they can be hemmed in fairly easily. Maybe it's time to turn the page on ol' 79.

It's been a great run and succeeded in announcing to the league that we are a team on the cusp of big things. As many have observed, the learning experience for our young core has been huge and that will pay dividends down the line. Unfortunately this is bright future not a fait accompli by any means - there are still significant holes in the organization, especially at the wing; and the Rags exposed a clear need to improve the D. A full season of Beaulieu may help the latter, but will that be enough? MB is going to have to make a number of important decisions, and he's going to have to decide correctly, if this core is to fulfil its promise.

Finally: kudos to the Rangers and especially Alain Vigneault, who solidified his position among the NHL's elite coaches in my mind with an absolutely superb defensive performance tonight. They're not a great team, but they are extremely well-coached, they've bought in 100%, and and they have good depth all through the lineup. They're worthy Finalists.

Amen ChiCuke ..not much I could add to that and thanks for your thoughtful and fun contributions all season long. You guys have been just great and add so much to the enjoyment for us all. Cheers

A good season has just ended. A few players have to go. I have named them before. We have to give a chance to our young players. Next season will be interesting. Have a good summer guys!

You too JC! Thanks

If you Think Montreal deserved that game your nuts.

We've won undeserved games before, and lost deserved ones. Deserving a game doesn't mean much in hockey.

Anyway, I'm happy and proud of this team, they did far more than I expected, and got damned close to the finals. Let's hope they build on this in 2014-15.

The last 3 Stars of the season is now up: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3409

On a completely unrelated note, is anyone else a bit bothered by the fact that Subban's on Twitter less than 45 minutes after the game ended to push for his NHL 15 cover bid? After just getting eliminated, one of his first thoughts/actions is to re-tweet something on Twitter about RT'ing for votes? I find this whole campaign ridiculous (and the Habs' official Twitter page is, simply put, embarrassing itself) so maybe that's clouding my thoughts here. It just doesn't sit right with me though.

What the hell am I reading here? This team wasn't "supposed" to make the playoffs, let alone make it to game 6 of the Eastern final. Those throwing them under the bus didn't mind the ride all the way here so why don't you shut up and appreciate the run that we went on. We were beat fair and square, time to tip your hat and stop blaming people.

HAhAhaha!. Well said illWill. I know the guys left it all out there this year and brought us some wonderful moments.

I look forward to finding out if Vanek has been playing with a bad hurt which seems the likeliest explanation to me, though lots of first lines got shut down this year.

And God bless Les Glorieux for all the great fun and suspense in this terrific run...

What a rout of TB.. and a Bruin Burial at great cost

And a hell of a game 5

I'm sure the guys gave all that they had.

:clap::clap::clap:

The last 3 Stars of the season is now up: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3409

On a completely unrelated note, is anyone else a bit bothered by the fact that Subban's on Twitter less than 45 minutes after the game ended to push for his NHL 15 cover bid? After just getting eliminated, one of his first thoughts/actions is to re-tweet something on Twitter about RT'ing for votes? I find this whole campaign ridiculous (and the Habs' official Twitter page is, simply put, embarrassing itself) so maybe that's clouding my thoughts here. It just doesn't sit right with me though.

I think it's time for the hockey universe to stop ragging on Subban, period. The kid's a warrior. Let him tweet whatever the crap he wants.