Summer 2014 Target UFAs

sim.on

I would like to see Ott signed by Bergevin

I would also like that very much.

O'Rielly is heading to arbitration again....what would it take to pry him from Colorado?

Unlike yourself, I think it's too soon to condemn Gainey's successor regimes on this score. Yes, I share a certain unease about Therrien on this front. But still, Pacioretty, Price, Gallagher, and Subban have developed very nicely, thank you. The same appears to be true of Galchenyuk and Bournival. Young players are not simply "blank slates" that a quality organization can turn into gold overnight. Maybe Leblanc was messed up by the Habs; or maybe he just isn't all that great, y'know? Maybe Tinordi and Beaulieu could have been worked into the lineup this season...or maybe they just sucked ass and were not ready. Time will tell. If at some point Galy, Gallagher, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Patches, Eller, etc., are all operating as strong NHLers you're just going to have to concede that the Habs did a decent job of handling their young talent!

Kinda the way I see it as well. Our young guys are performing quite well so far, as far as LeBlanc goes, meh, the head has to be there too, cya!

The veterans/plugs like Murray and Boullion got us through the season, while we developed 3 pretty good looking defense prospects a year further, not a bad idea? These plugs had in the lineup this past season did a decent stop gap job overall, and maybe in the big picture, the lessons learned by our young players this year will be of great importance to building that perennial contender we Habs fans think we deserve. I think the young players CC mentioned are already, to some degree, performing well as NHL'ers. When we do get Beaulieu and Tinordi in the line up, we will indeed have a core that is prepared to compete for the cup season in and season out for a while. We fans pretty much have to trust Bergevin and Therrien at this point don't we? We learned not to trust Gainey, Gauthier, Martin etc by hard lessons, so far, I don't have a bad feeling from the new management regime.....

As CC said, "time will tell"

I would also like that very much.

O'Rielly is heading to arbitration again....what would it take to pry him from Colorado?

More than just 6 mil a year on a 5-7 year deal. A player of O'Reilly's caliber will cost us a few 1st round picks. Bergevin has traded exactly one pick in two years, he's no going to cripple the farm system signing a 55 point guy with intangibles. Stupidity like that is best left to the Leafs.

I know he isn't a UFA, but I wonder what it would take to pry Kane out of Winnipeg. He 's exactly the type of player we need. With Price, Subban and Patches all entering/in their prime, I would be fine with trading away some high picks and maybe a prospect to get this guy.

I've pushing for Kane since before the jets finally fired Noel. I think they want guys that can play now, rather than prospects though. Pleks-gorges-moen-pateryn-1st for Kane-bogasian is what I'd offer.

I know he isn't a UFA, but I wonder what it would take to pry Kane out of Winnipeg. He 's exactly the type of player we need. With Price, Subban and Patches all entering/in their prime, I would be fine with trading away some high picks and maybe a prospect to get this guy.

I've pushing for Kane since before the jets finally fired Noel. I think they want guys that can play now, rather than prospects though. Pleks-gorges-moen-pateryn-1st for Kane-bogasian is what I'd offer.

Don't need to go anywhere near that high. Kane's value is plummeting. We're talking picks and prospects here and maybe a serviceable forward.

No way winneoeg moves him for prospects. There are a lot of teams with interest in Kane, who is only 22. Bogasian would also be a legit #2 to play with Subban.

Don't need to go anywhere near that high. Kane's value is plummeting. We're talking picks and prospects here and maybe a serviceable forward.

I'm not sure we can be competitive without Pleks or Gorges, nevermind neither or them. While I wouldn't say Eller has been bad enough to make me want to actively shop him, I would be okay with flipping him, a 1st and some minor parts for Kane. Bourque's strong playoff run might even convince some GMs that he just needs a change of scenery to be a 20-30 goal scorer again.

I'm not sure we can be competitive without Pleks or Gorges, nevermind either or them.

Gorges advanced stat defensive numbers in the playoffs were excellent. Same to Emelin and Markov. They were some of the best in the playoffs. I'm only giving up Gorges if it means the team is ready to have confidence in Tinordi.

Gorges and Pleks are both HUGE elements of this team. I get that Kane is a potentially elite player, so Habs29's proposal is not unreasonable - just high-risk, high-reward. I'm not sure this team is weak enough that it needs to take a swing-for-the-fences gamble like that.

What bothers me is more, though, is just the general idea that so many Habs fans do not seem to understand how critical the contributions of those two players have been to this team. Pleks is the "glue guy" up front, Gorges the "glue guy" on the back end. The frequency with which their names get thrown around in trade proposals is pretty strange.

So yes it would be strange!

Who the heck would ever want to emulate the Leafs?

Why not bring on Milbury, Burke, Cherry and Doug Maclean as pro-scouts while we are at it.

Always possible that one gets traded, but even that is highly unlikely. Many GMs would love to add a Plekanec or Gorges, low maintenance hard working guys who are super "teamplayers".

I think I am fond of J.Jokinen to Habs rumour, but really know very little about and never even noticed him before (cept he was a shootout wiz wasn't he?), but stat sheet looks good and could slide right into Vaneks' spot on LW couldn't he.

Surprised Vrbata isn't getting more attention here...wouldn't he be a fit?

UFA, in this specific order for me :

Vanek

Gaborik

Vrbata

Iginla

maybe Jokinen

That's it.

I don't want any other 3rd liner on this team.

UFA, in this specific order for me :

Vanek

Gaborik

Vrbata

Iginla

maybe Jokinen

That's it.

I don't want any other 3rd liner on this team.

I'd love to see Gaborik in MTL, but you can forget about him. With the end of season he had in L.A....he's gonna stay there. Almost NO media pressure, beautiful weather, and a potential Stanley Cup Dynasty in the making. What more could you ask for!?!?!

I'd love to see Gaborik in MTL, but you can forget about him. With the end of season he had in L.A....he's gonna stay there. Almost NO media pressure, beautiful weather, and a potential Stanley Cup Dynasty in the making. What more could you ask for!?!?!

Poutine.

• Upvote 2

Surprised Vrbata isn't getting more attention here...wouldn't he be a fit?

Vrbata's not on my wish list, at least not very high. He seems to be at his best with the Coyotes but only with them which makes me wonder a bit. He also won't bring much to the table in terms of a physical or defensive game. He'd be better than nothing but I would have quite a few players ahead of him.

Brad Richards?

hmm good player on the downhill slide, wonder what he would cost? TO will want him badly. He is a center so we would have to trade a center for a scoring winger which could work.

I need to make a big sign that says HABS HAVE NO NEED FOR A CENTER every time UFA discussion comes up ;)

Are you saying you wouldn't trade a center if a better one came up?

Hoping Edmonton doesn't sign Nikitin.. I think he'd fit in on the blueline and be much cheaper than Markov.

I still think Beaulieu and Tinordi have to be in this year.