Free Agent Frenzy

dlbalr

So, between losing White, Gorges, and Gionta, that's about 11 million dollars in savings. Sure, we've signed a couple depth guys, we can bring that down a few million.

I think we have room left for Subban AND Iginla. ;)

Ryan Miller at the end of this season, "My contract sucks."

LOLOLOLOL!!! good stuff!

Am I crazy to think that Zuit Suit is working on something big??

Guest Stogey24

This is the way MB thinks. That reminds me of Cole for Ryder, then Briere. I don't see a better back end with Weaver and Gilbert. Is there something i'm missing about the past two years of Florida Panther's defensemen?

I'm assuming the vet signings are all about the kids getting reps on D.

Actually, I think the Miller contract is reasonable for the Cancukleheads. The new management group clearly doesn't think Lack is ready for prime time, so they had to do something. I might have tried a Hillier-Lack platoon myself - lots cheaper.

Vanek confirmed 3 years in Minnesota

Stock drop after his pitiful performance plying his puck in Montreal. Alliterational doom

The thing about Vancouver is that they think they are contenders so they go out and sign Ryan Miller, who despite playing great in goal for Buffalo last season did nothing to change their fortunes.

To be fair, their goal is just to make the playoffs. Nobody in the entire city believes the Canuckleheads are contenders including Linden and Benning.

They didn't want to go into the season with a backup playing #1 minutes, and that seems quite reasonable to me. Having Miller for 3 years actually suggests a timeline for the quasi-rebuild they're on IMHO. He is there to stop them from getting shellacked night after night.

not surprised to see him sign with Minny, but I am surprised to see he didn't get that 7 year term he was looking for!!

That's actually reasonable for Vanek. I'd almost have been tempted to sign him.

Thing is, Minnesota got the "I want to play here!" discount.

i would have been willing to sign him for 3 years at $7M.

I would imagine Leaf fans are, as usual, ready for the Stanley Cup with Robidas and their other acquisition today. Good times, good times.